GAME 1!!!! Heat vs Knicks Game Thread 10/29

d'antoni said in his press conference "i know its a tough situation,and he's probably upset, id be upset...theirs two different tracks, ones winning now and one's the future, we're going in two different directions"

seems its as simple as, his contract runs out and he's not going to get resigned, its nothing personal, getovrzit

portega1968

El Cacique
Something stupid.

Notice during timeouts, in the huddle, the whole team is up and supporting the team, except Mebury?

I didnt see the game, so I would like to know if this is true, cause it would be ****ed up that Stephon stays out of the huddle

is it true?

not true

marbury had a arm up before breaks everytime i saw him

he didnt look happy all the time,but he wasnt boycotting the team by any means

far as i saw

New New York

Quiet Storm
Positive Talk!

OH yea one more thing. We won 23 games last season. So i'll take every win we can get. At this point i'll take the win and worry about the style points later.

We shouldn't have let them back into the game, but i'll take a W.

Co-sighn!

Alan Houston said it best when we nearly blew a 30 pt lead to Detroit one game "There is no such thing as a demoralizing victory"

Now, I am pissed that we let them off the hook, it reminded me way too much of Isiah's first game as coach. But, I think had we won by 20 we would be thinking we are a lock for the playoffs, the end of the game shows how much work we need.

Now some things I liked!

Alan Houston showed Wilson some things with that J! Wilson hustled hard tonight.

Zach hit some shots when we needed them. He owned Haslem tonight

David looked like a leader out there with his play. I loved the pass to Wilson on the cut

Duhon ran the offense nice when he was out there, knocked down some shots and took the ball to the rack nice a couple of times.

Q seemed to play a lot more under control tonight

Jamal still forced a lot, but all in all he also played more under control.

Danilo's two misses dont concern me, it was just nice to see him out there.

Nate showed a lot of poise with his shot down the stretch, how about 7 ast. 0 TO's!

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD>38</TD><TD>3-6</TD><TD>2-2</TD><TD>1-2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
it s that our point guard?
i know we dont have defense but having no pointguard will hurt us more

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
Great victory for the knicks iam happy great start. I hope they find marbury playing time he is better than duhon and collins, I hope he finds time in the next game. He deserves it they way he conditioned himself in the offseason

HE.WON'T.

read the above comments

d'antoni has NO intentions of playing him

it seems the pre-season play was to showcase him to other teams

if he didnt play opening game, in any scenario, being up tons, losing the lead, etc. ...d'antoni said he needs to cut the rotation down one still, "10 is too many really, 9's where we need to be at"

jefferies will take roses spot in the line up come january, collins wont get much time, and that'll be that until a trade in the future or next season when contracts expire and we draft

Paul1355

All Star
Hey guys I was very excited watching this game. The end of the 4th got really sloppy, but the rest of the game was top notch by the Knicks. Crawford was on fire, Wilson Chandler impressed once again showing that he will definetly take Q's spot when Chandler gets back to 100%. I finally saw Gallinari even thought he scored 0 points, I understand that he was extremely nervous........

BIGGEST SURPRISE

I know everyone is probably talking about it......Marbury not in the rotation? This guy went down to 198, looked good in practice and is not even getting one minute? Eventually Mike D is going to play him atelast 15 min a game...Knick fans were chanting his name in the 4th. This could be a way to put a spark up Marbury's you know what. I really don't know the exact reason. Curry was obvious...Marbury was a shocker.

yeahhh im gonna stop posting info since it seems most people here dont read it

look a page back, i told you why, straight out of d'antoni's mouth

r.e.a.d.

metrocard

Legend
David Lee is the PG of this offense really with his outlet passing.

Our offense can do much more if we had a PG who can pentrate to the paint...*whistles*

Our interior defense will be the worst in the NBA again...we honestly need a couple of post defenders to keep us in the game in the 4th quarter and FORCE teams to shoot the ball from a long percentage.

Beasley was godawful. He's an individual player...who can't play within a team. Chicago made the right choice in Rose.

I don't know how many games we can win with Crawford as the primary scorer.
We've done that too much times and see too much failure to have be done again.

Q-Rich was actually good.

Lee was amazing in every aspect of basketball.

Robinson's shot selection still stinks, but made a lot of nice passes.

I can't believe my eyes when I saw Mardy Caca Collins get PT over Marbury...gross.

Chandler didn't surprise me, I expected him to be a 15 ppg scorer before anyone.

Duhon's defense is really USELESS in a system like this...and his offense is limited. He got raped by multiple men, Chalmers, Wade, and Banks...all who had an easy time getting to the basket courtesy of Chris Slohon.

KBlack25

Starter
David Lee is the PG of this offense really with his outlet passing.

Our offense can do much more if we had a PG who can pentrate to the paint...*whistles*

Our interior defense will be the worst in the NBA again...we honestly need a couple of post defenders to keep us in the game in the 4th quarter and FORCE teams to shoot the ball from a long percentage.

Beasley was godawful. He's an individual player...who can't play within a team. Chicago made the right choice in Rose.

I don't know how many games we can win with Crawford as the primary scorer.
We've done that too much times and see too much failure to have be done again.

Q-Rich was actually good.

Lee was amazing in every aspect of basketball.

Robinson's shot selection still stinks, but made a lot of nice passes.

I can't believe my eyes when I saw Mardy Caca Collins get PT over Marbury...gross.

Chandler didn't surprise me, I expected him to be a 15 ppg scorer before anyone.

Duhon's defense is really USELESS in a system like this...and his offense is limited. He got raped by multiple men, Chalmers, Wade, and Banks...all who had an easy time getting to the basket courtesy of Chris Slohon.

I agree they prob. won't win a ton if they have to rely on Crawford to be the lead scorer, but the fact is last night there were 6 Knicks in double figures. I don't see them having to rely on Crawford, he was the lead scorer more by chance I think, there were a ton of guys scoring any one of whom could've been the leading scorer.

The problem with Duhon is that he seems to make bonehead fouls sending the team to the line for a 3-point opp. That has to stop. B/c the team is running, Duhon I think tends to get beaten and just tries to hold them, but not effectively enough to stop them from scoring.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I don't think they relied on Crawford to be the lead scorer. D'Antoni's offense is free flowing and therefore anyone can have a big game. It just happened that Crawford had the hot hand early last night and it never cooled down. I think you will see plenty of games where Zach, Chandler, Nate and whoever else that can take advantage of the opposing teams matchup be the games leading scorer. I actually thought the scoring was pretty well balanced.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
damn for a teaM daT only won 23 games lASt seASon, yA sure ARE negative ,like is if we been successful A team

jimkcchief88

All Star
Great game last night!!! Watching the uptempo style of play is one of my guilty pleasures, just not sure how many games you can win that way. Positives I took from the game:

1. After shedding the weight Q-rich looks like the old Q-rich again which is a great sign.

2. Wilson Chandler great as advertised. Don't know how he snuck through Depaul without me noticing but keep him in the role as super sub, first off the bench.

3. Great balanced scoring and plenty of assists. Guard play was awesome from from Duhon to Mardy to Nate. Steph doesn't get in because a shoot first guard has no place in this offense and Coach was trying to make a point sitting him down.

Negatives:

1. Letting them back in the game. Its hard to lead an NBA team bell to bell but the comeback was inexcusable. Guess it wouldn't be Knicks-Heat if it wasn't interesting.

2. Lee played great and Z-Bo shot well, but Udanis Haslem owned them both in the paint. Elton Brand is going to have 40 friday night. Keep making the snacks jokes but we will need E-city before the season is over. Hopefully he will be back soon.

Can't be too high after the win because the Heat are not a great team but anytime you can start the season with a win you can't complain too much.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Great game last night!!! Watching the uptempo style of play is one of my guilty pleasures, just not sure how many games you can win that way. Positives I took from the game:

1. After shedding the weight Q-rich looks like the old Q-rich again which is a great sign.

2. Wilson Chandler great as advertised. Don't know how he snuck through Depaul without me noticing but keep him in the role as super sub, first off the bench.

3. Great balanced scoring and plenty of assists. Guard play was awesome from from Duhon to Mardy to Nate. Steph doesn't get in because a shoot first guard has no place in this offense and Coach was trying to make a point sitting him down.

Negatives:

1. Letting them back in the game. Its hard to lead an NBA team bell to bell but the comeback was inexcusable. Guess it wouldn't be Knicks-Heat if it wasn't interesting.

2. Lee played great and Z-Bo shot well, but Udanis Haslem owned them both in the paint. Elton Brand is going to have 40 friday night. Keep making the snacks jokes but we will need E-city before the season is over. Hopefully he will be back soon.

Can't be too high after the win because the Heat are not a great team but anytime you can start the season with a win you can't complain too much.
I agree with most of your post except:

Guard play wasn't awesome. Duhon and Nate had solid games, however Duhon failed to defend and couldn't keep his man in front of him. Mardy did nothing particularly well last night and could have easily given those minutes to Marbury.

Why will we NEED Curry?? It's not like he's a defensive presence or rebounds. It would be nice to bring him in for certain situations but I don't think there is a need. I'd rather have Jeffries back first.

I definitely agree with your Brand prediction though. He is superior to Haslem in the paint and the way Haslem had his way last night then Brand could easily put up 35 and 15.

KBlack25

Starter
I agree with most of your post except:

Guard play wasn't awesome. Duhon and Nate had solid games, however Duhon failed to defend and couldn't keep his man in front of him. Mardy did nothing particularly well last night and could have easily given those minutes to Marbury.

Why will we NEED Curry?? It's not like he's a defensive presence or rebounds. It would be nice to bring him in for certain situations but I don't think there is a need. I'd rather have Jeffries back first.

I definitely agree with your Brand prediction though. He is superior to Haslem in the paint and the way Haslem had his way last night then Brand could easily put up 35 and 15.

I think I agree, I like Jeffries, he can play defense in transition which I think will be valuable on this team. Is he an all-star? Certainly not. But I think he could really do well in the system.

nyk_nyk

All Star
D'Antoni only wants to have around 9 guys in the rotation. This is the way I see it.

Lee
Zach
Q-Rich
Crawford
Duhon
Chandler
Nate
Gallo

Here's where it gets tricky. You have 4 players left who have realistic chances in Mardy, Steph, Jeffries and Curry. Now based on what I've seen during the preseason I'd pick Marbury. BUT coach seems to like Mardy's size and his ability to defend BUT in Dantoni's running system Steph would fit in better. On the other hand, he really likes Jeffries length and his ability to guard multiple positions. Curry's chances are very slim. Out of the four I'd hate to see Marbury out of the mix because he's in the best shape and can still play at a very high level.