GAME 1!!!! Heat vs Knicks Game Thread 10/29

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Miami Heat vs The New York Knicks
Wed. 10/29 at 7:30pm ET on MSG​

recruit_g_madisonsqgarden_580.jpg

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host the Gold Mac 10 and its time for a new season to begin. Last year, the Knicks finished with only 23 wins and 59 losses under head coach Isiah Thomas. For those who didn't keep up, the Knicks hired a new head coach.

Mike D'antoni

alg_mike.jpg

Mike D'antoni comes to the Knicks after coaching the Phoenix Suns last year, where Mike had a lot of success. He was unable to win a championship with the Suns, despite coming very close. If Amare Stoudamire and Boris Diaw didn't get suspended for a game 6 against the San Antonio Spurs in the 2007 Western Conference Finals, Mike D'antoni might have a championship. The most impressive thing on D'antoni's resume is winning 50+ games for 4 consecutive years, an accomplishment that not too many other coaches have or will reach.

Heres a look at how fast the Phoenix Suns pushed the ball with Mike D'antoni as their head coach:

For those who have missed some/all of the preseason games, heres some highlight videos so you know what to expect from this new uptempo Knicks offense:

STARTING LINEUPS

The Miami Heat

pg-Mario Chalmers
sg-Dwayne Wade
sf-Michael Beasley
pf-Shawn Marion
C-Udonis Haslem

chalmers.jpg
dwyane_wade_40x55.jpg
Beasley_35.jpg
shawn_marion_40x55.jpg
3765.jpg

Backups:Marcus Banks, Shaun Livingston, Daequan Cook, Yakhouba Diawara, Michael Beasley, Jamaal Magloire, Dorell Wright, Chris Quinn, Mark Blount

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHON
AT SHOOTING GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD DAVID LEE
AT CENTER ZACH RANDOLPH

3855.jpg
3407.jpg
3417.jpg
dleehed1.jpg
3531.jpg

BACKUPS: STEPHON MARBURY, NATE ROBINSON, WILSON CHANDLER, MARDY COLLINS, MALIK ROSE, EDDY CURRY, ANTHONY ROBERSON

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Dwayne Wade vs Jamal Crawford

ir126p.jpg

25yveyp.jpg

knicks101.jpg

2s78e88.jpg

Jamal Crawford

Mike D'antoni plans on giving Crawford a lot of minutes. He predicted that Crawford will score between 20 and 24 points per game. If Crawford is going to continue to get a lot of playing time, he needs to improve his shot selection. We know by now that he will not play any defense. Knicks fans have to hope he can match the opposing shooting guard. That will be a tough challenge against Dwayne Wade, one of the best 2 guards in the NBA. Crawford struggled for the first 6 preseason games. In the final game against the Nets Crawford finally played well, at least on offense. He finished the game with 30 points (9-15) and 7 assists. If Crawford was to explode offensively against the Dwayne Wade and the Heat, it wouldn't be the first time.

Dwayne Wade

Wade is coming back after being injured part of last year. Miami was done early last year. It wasn't worth it for Wade to play at the end of the season. Hes back now and hes ready to take on the league with Shawn Marion and rookie Michael Beasley by his side.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Share the ball: play as a team
  • Look to double in the paint
  • Don't leave shooters open: We need to see better Perimiter Defense
  • Crash the boards: We are the better rebounding team

Player Spotlight

spotlight.jpg

Wilson Chandler is going to have a breakout season. At 6'8, 230 pounds hes got great size, strength, and athleticism at the small forward position. Hes a good defender, rebounder, and scorer. His preseason play has been very impressive. Not only did he posterize Jermaine O'neal, but he also embarrassed and angered Kevin Garnett by rejecting his shot and taking it right at him making a layup And 1. On the next play Garnett was so angered that he traveled, and turned the ball over. The 1st game of the season marks the beginning of the Wilson Chandler era. He will be a valuable player for a long time to come.

Macabbi_Chandler.jpg

fantasy_g_chandler_200.jpg

Heres some depressing numbers from a year ago, this how November went for the Knicks last year:

November(5-11):Opponents Points per game=101.5
93.1ppg,43.4rpg,17apg,42.9fg%,32.2%3P,70.2FT%,6.9spg,3.2bpg

We allowed over 100 points per game, our offense was bad. Our free throw shooting was bad...the only thing we did good was rebound. This is a new year with a new system in effect, I doubt that the numbers will be similar to these at the end of November. I think we can win more then 5 games this month.

Gold Mac's Official Player Analysis
Chris Duhon: Has looked solid in preseason. His shooting looks like it has improved. Defensively he will help us out. I think he still needs more time to get comfortable in Mike D'antoni's system. Hes not a very good point guard for the 7 seconds or less offense. Both Stephon Marbury and Nate Robinson get the ball up the court a lot quicker.

Jamal Crawford: Im afraid to see how many minutes D'antoni gives him. His defense is non-existant, and he shoots too much already. Theres no need for anyone to average a certain amount of points on this team. Mike D'antoni needs to take back his statement, and correct it by saying "We'll go with whoever has the mis match, or whoever has the hot hand."

Quentin Richardson: Useless

David Lee: Looks like someone took a lot of jumpshots over the summer. Lee seems to have improved his jumper and his ball handling skills. Hes always been a tenacious rebounder. Lee is an average defender at best, hes understands the concept of team defense but his one on one defense does not impress me. All around Lee is one of the better players on this team.

Zach Randolph: Very talented skilled player. He can also be very selfish. Zach looked to pass more in the preseason. This is encouraging after seeing him go one on three several times last year. Unlike Curry, he does have some value. Like Lee, Z-bo is all over the boards. The 2 of them can easily average 10 rebounds a game, especially in this system. Zachs lack of athleticism hurts him at times. Smart defenders know not to go for his fakes, and easily reject his shots. As far as defense...at times Randolph can do a nice job of deflecting the ball and I see a strong effort from time to time, but overall hes below average.

The Bench

Nate Robinson: Has looked very good offensively. Nate is a very good shooter and while not being a point guard, he is a team player. At only 5'7", Nate works very hard and shows a lot of desire. He wants to be the best he can be.

Stephon Marbury: Should be our starting point guard....or at least shooting guard. He hasn't had the best preseason but hes showed that hes committed to being a team player by looking to pass first, and shoot 2nd. I think hes still trying to find his rhythm and once he does it will be even more clear that hes still our best player.

Eddy Curry: See Quentin Richardson

Wilson Chandler: Hes gonna really help us out alot coming off the bench. It might not be long before he takes Quentin Richardsons spot in the starting lineup.

Malik Rose: >>Curry

Jared Jeffries: >> Curry

Mardy Collins: I like the way he plays. He does some of everything. He contributes on the boards, he'll make some nice passes, and his shot/offense is looking the best it has. Defensively hes very solid. Mardy has good hands (no homo). He often strips the ball from opponents, leading to fast break oppertunities. He deserves minutes off the bench.

Danilo Gallinari: Finally, i get to talk about the Knicks 1st round pick. I'm not sure when we'll get to see him but he appears to have a high basketball iq and a smooth shooting stroke. I look forward to watching him play, I think he'll make us a better team for the same reasons Allan Houston would have had his comeback been successful. We need a shooter. Right now Nate Robinson is the closest thing we have to one. Not only can the Big Cock shoot, but he runs the floor very well and hes a good passer. Even with two point guards (Marbury and Duhon), it helps alot to have a point forward in an uptempo offense like the one Mike D'antoni will have the Knicks running.

Anthony Roberson: Known for his ability to shoot, probably wont get much if any playing time

Patrick Ewing Jr: The son of the great Patrick Ewing. Hes about 4 inches shorter then his dad. For a rookie, Ewing Jr. has a nice body (no homo). Hes strong enough to play at the NBA level, just not skilled enough yet. Hes a very hard worker, and maybe if he starts in the D-league and improves his game he'll be ready at some point during this season to contribute off the bench. Probably not, maybe next year. But in case you missed it from my highlights i posted earlier in this thread, you dont want to miss this.

Throwback HipHop Video of the Day:

Artist:Wu-Tang
Title:M.E.T.H.O.D. Man
Album:Enter the Wu-tang (36 Chambers)
Year:1996

Wu-Tang%20Clan%20-%20Enter%20The%20Wu-Tang%20(36%20Chambers).jpg

Download "M.E.T.H.O.D. Man" Here:
Wu-Tang Clan - M.E.T.H.O.D. Man.mp3 - 6.12MB

Knicks upcoming Schedule:

• Fri, Oct 31 @ Philadelphia 7:00 PM
  • Sun, Nov 2 vs Milwaukee 6:00 PM
  • Wed, Nov 5 vs Charlotte 7:30 PM
  • Fri, Nov 7 @ Washington 7:00 PM
  • Sun, Nov 9 vs Utah 3:00 PM

Thanks for joining me for my first pregame show. And remember to watch the Knicks Wednesday night on MSG.

Last edited:

dre48ny

Rotation player
Can"t help but feel real excited on this opener. The new regime finally begins, new system, and of course the promising Chandler. I hope they win this game so they can be pumped on halloween and it becomes a festivity for the knicks on the sixers' floor!!

I don't know if the NYK will make the playoffs, but they will regain some respect throughout the league, as it was at an all time low last season. Teams better be ready for this uptempo beat, and we do have some ballers.

JayJ44

Starter
Wow, great game thread! Really in depth. I think we can win this game. Crawford always lights up the Heat and if Danilo plays he'll hopefully provide some shooting.

New New York

Quiet Storm
It would be great to start with a WIN against a struggling heat franchise...

1-0 Go New York

Hell Yeah! when was the last time we could say we're undefeated after the season starts?

Wow I think it was the year Micheal Jordan came back for The Wizards and we beat them in our home opener, which just happened to be the first season that we had missed the playoffs in like 10 seasons.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Oops Correction

I just realized that we opened with a win in Memphis two seasons ago. But, the Wiz game was the last home opener win

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Great Game Thread MSGKnickz33! i think you should do all the game threads you provide so much more insight to the game in your game threads.

we're gonna win this game theres not a doubt in my mind i know we lost all pre-season games but that was preseason who give a flying f**k.

our schedule to start of the season is pretty good we could start 5-2, but 4-3 is the realistic record

any new news on Chandler? last i heard he was expected to play i see him getting 18,7,3 and 2 blocks...how about Gallo is he gonna play?

whats with espn they dont like us or something http://games.espn.go.com/fba/tools/projections?proTeamId=18 the player projections they got marbury getting 363 points with Curry(who aint in the rotation) scoring more than Marb's are you f**kin serious....i cant wait till this season is under way we're gonna make these retarts shut the f**K up

overall this is gonna be a fun season and i agree MSGKnickz33 Chandler gonna breakout

jpz17

Starter
Great Game Thread MSGKnickz33! i think you should do all the game threads you provide so much more insight to the game in your game threads.

we're gonna win this game theres not a doubt in my mind i know we lost all pre-season games but that was preseason who give a flying f**k.

our schedule to start of the season is pretty good we could start 5-2, but 4-3 is the realistic record

any new news on Chandler? last i heard he was expected to play i see him getting 18,7,3 and 2 blocks...how about Gallo is he gonna play?

whats with espn they dont like us or something http://games.espn.go.com/fba/tools/projections?proTeamId=18 the player projections they got marbury getting 363 points with Curry(who aint in the rotation) scoring more than Marb's are you f**kin serious....i cant wait till this season is under way we're gonna make these retarts shut the f**K up

overall this is gonna be a fun season and i agree MSGKnickz33 Chandler gonna breakout

dude, I'm doing some, at least 5 aight MSG??

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Id like to thank those who like my game thread/season preview. I know Im early but now we got sumthin else to talk about besides how the starbarians >> haterburys :) :lol:

dude, I'm doing some, at least 5 aight MSG??

Im still weighing out my options. You will get your 5, most likely more. Im caught up between dumbin some of them down or having a partner (no homo) who does every other with me (no homo) :confused: :redface:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Great thread, MSG.

Dan Grunfeld > Curry

lol

I want the Knicks to win, but I don't see how they're going to do it. Dwyane Wade is most likely excited to start off the regular season at the Garden. Jamal Crawford plays no defense, and Wade is a top shooting guard in the NBA. Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson are going to get burned.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Great thread, MSG.

Dan Grunfeld > Curry

lol

I want the Knicks to win, but I don't see how they're going to do it. Dwyane Wade is most likely excited to start off the regular season at the Garden. Jamal Crawford plays no defense, and Wade is a top shooting guard in the NBA. Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson are going to get burned.

:lol: i can see it now. Q-rich gettin that stupid look on his face as he gets torched by the rookie michael beasley :lol:

JayJ44

Starter
:lol: i can see it now. Q-rich gettin that stupid look on his face as he gets torched by the rookie michael beasley :lol:

Hopefully Chandler starts, or he at least plays much more minutes than Richardson. Speaking of which, that will be an interesting match-up, Chandler vs. Beasley. I think Chandler can shut him down, especially since Beasley is a rookie. Really looking forward to this game!

mynameis

Benchwarmer
last time crawful and wade face each other at the garden, crawful torch him and the entire heat team... Did pat Jr. make the cut.. I hope he does, he's one nasty dude.. take it above the rim

metrocard

Legend
MSG killed it.

Knicks starting 5 is horrid.

It should be

Marbury
Chandler
Ewing
Lee
Randolph

take advantage of our size.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think Mike D'Antoni has a soft spot for Q-Hitch and Chris Duhorne. But after they suck for all of November, they'll get benched.

Quentin Richardson's 2007-2008 statistics:
8.1 points, 35% fg, 32% 3 pt, 4 rebounds,

Quentin Richardson's preseason statistics:
7.3 points, 33% fg, 29% 3 pt

Chris Duhon's 2007-2008 statistics:
5.8 points, 38% shooting, 34% 3 pt, 4 assists

Chris Duhon's career fg%: 38.7%

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
MSG killed it.

Knicks starting 5 is horrid.

It should be

Marbury
Chandler
Ewing
Lee
Randolph

take advantage of our size.

We'd get every rebound with that lineup. I hope D'antoni doesnt stay with the current lineup for long, Q-snitch might be the worst player in the nba.

I think Mike D'Antoni has a soft spot for Q-Hitch and Chris Duhorne. But after they suck for all of November, they'll get benched.

Quentin Richardson's 2007-2008 statistics:
8.1 points, 35% fg, 32% 3 pt, 4 rebounds,

Quentin Richardson's preseason statistics:
7.3 points, 33% fg, 29% 3 pt

Chris Duhon's 2007-2008 statistics:
5.8 points, 38% shooting, 34% 3 pt, 4 assists

Chris Duhon's career fg%: 38.7%

The only lineup worse then the one D'antonis current lineup is this

pg-Duhole
sg-crawterd
sf-q snitch
pf-snack ransoft