Ewing cut - WTF!!!!

it was in the daily news yesterday, i think it was, saw it at work

EJR is meeting with his agent this week and will determine what to do by the end of

im hoping we put him in d-league, make a trade 2 for one or 3 for 2 and pull him up mid year after we shake ish up a little

JayJ44

Starter
This dirt you're talking about is called c-o-n-t-r-a-c-t...plain and simple

Isiah easily would have bought out James or Marbury just to keep a fan favourite for some cheers. Neither Walsh nor D'antoni have too make such an idiotic move, because they're able too get their work done anyway.

But now that IT is gone, it seems that you guys desperately are looking too find another scapegoat besides the players you're constantly bashing....

So now Walsh is the idiot for not making the same bs Isiah would've done...

Better players with bigger contracts have been bought out and waived before. Steve Francais by Portland is one example. A fan favorite is better than a useless player, who will do nothing but sit on the bench. How is it idiotic to get rid of a player who doesn't play, for a player who does? Just because Walsh isn't Isiah, doesn't mean we're not allowed to find any fault with Donnie. I never said Walsh is an idiot, I just disagree with what he did.

KBlack25

Starter
Better players with bigger contracts have been bought out and waived before. Steve Francais by Portland is one example. A fan favorite is better than a useless player, who will do nothing but sit on the bench. How is it idiotic to get rid of a player who doesn't play, for a player who does? Just because Walsh isn't Isiah, doesn't mean we're not allowed to find any fault with Donnie. I never said Walsh is an idiot, I just disagree with what he did.

100% agree with you here, you can't possibly tell me that Jerome James on the roster is going to contribute more that Ewing Jr. on the roster. Either way you have to pay Jerome James, there's no getting out of it. Why not keep a guy that's a favorite amongst fans, looks like he works hard on the floor and has exceptional athleticism? It just doesn't seem to make sense. Jerome James isn't a contributor either way and if you have to pay him either way, why not pay him and get a guy that IS a contributor...

jpz17

Starter
Dude we all like Patrick Ewing because of his Dad and what he has shown recently but this wasn't the worst move ever. Your saying that the worst move ever was getting rid of a bench player. Come on. I hated this move but your going a little overboard.

lol fire walsh.

you got me wayyy wrong.. I said worst move Walsh has made so far. I don't want Walsh fired. I think hes the second best thing to happen to this franchise since Ewing left. (D'Antoni being the best) I was just saying knick fans at the garden will get angry at him and come to conclusions about him. I was in 100% support of him, now only 99. I think Ewing would have been a solid keep the game close and energize the Knicks player. Even if he sat on the bench the whole time, its that name on that back of the jersey that satisfies Knick fans. It makes them trust Walsh and believe in D'Antoni. Ewing was a NYC superstar, a leader, a ture champion. Having his son on the team shows that Ewing is gone, there is no turning back, and to look to the future.

Paul1355

All Star
you got me wayyy wrong.. I said worst move Walsh has made so far. I don't want Walsh fired. I think hes the second best thing to happen to this franchise since Ewing left. (D'Antoni being the best) I was just saying knick fans at the garden will get angry at him and come to conclusions about him. I was in 100% support of him, now only 99. I think Ewing would have been a solid keep the game close and energize the Knicks player. Even if he sat on the bench the whole time, its that name on that back of the jersey that satisfies Knick fans. It makes them trust Walsh and believe in D'Antoni. Ewing was a NYC superstar, a leader, a ture champion. Having his son on the team shows that Ewing is gone, there is no turning back, and to look to the future.

oh okay my bad then.......if Walsh signs him to the D league team that would be fine with everybody. Give him a chance to improve his game and maybe let him play next year.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
The only way this move makes any sense is if the Knicks eventually trade James' expiring contract for something that gives them greater value than Ewing or if they can get a medical exception and get him off the cap and save a ton of money.