Does Anybody Remember We Won Game 1 Last Year

riga89

Rookie
For All you knick fans (and obviously the entire Knick organization) do you all remember that we won game 1 last year. I forgot where the game was or who the opponent was, but I do remember it was on the road. I can't believe the people on this website and NY media who think that just because the Knicks beat the Miami heat last (one of the worst teams in the NBA last year) night that we are automatically fixed. People we have 81 games left in the season.

Believe me this. MIKE D' WILL BE GONE BY THE END OF THE YEAR. He has made so many mistakes it's not even funny. Telling the NY media that Eddy Curry is not part of the rotation before he has the class and deceny to tell Eddy first. Calling the NY fans a$$holes. Commenting slyly that "at least we know we won't lose every game this year". And last night, not playing the hometown kid Stephon Marbury even though he is clearly the most talented player on this team. Hall of fame coach and NBA CHAMPION Larry Brown could not last cuz he had an ego bigger than the team. MIKE D Will be out quicker than Larry. How you don't play the most talented player on the team is beyond my imagination.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lol....i thought i remembered us losing our first game last year. We had a really impressive win against the nuggets. Then everyone was dick riding eddy curry after that game because he out played camby. He was lucky to outplay him that one time, it was a one time thing. He was lucky...99 out of 100 times camby is the better player. Theres no comparison.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
lol....i thought i remembered us losing our first game last year. We had a really impressive win against the nuggets. Then everyone was dick riding eddy curry after that game because he out played camby. He was lucky to outplay him that one time, it was a one time thing. He was lucky...99 out of 100 times camby is the better player. Theres no comparison.

Camby shows effort in every game he plays. He's a defensive beast to Curry's defensive bunny rabbit. That said, if Curry could get motivated (and hypnotized so he stops eating) he could be a great player. He has the offensive skills but from what I've seen of him he rarely tries hard enough to warrant any faith.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think he has some offensive skill...enough to dominate if he was more motivated. He doesnt love the sport of basketball. Hes got no passion for the game. If he did he would be dominating. For a guy his size, hes athletic and quick when hes...eh...kinda in shape. I dont believe hes ever been in great shape, or even good shape. At this point theres no hope for him. Its sad to see his size and potential go to waste.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
I think he has some offensive skill...enough to dominate if he was more motivated. He doesnt love the sport of basketball. Hes got no passion for the game. If he did he would be dominating. For a guy his size, hes athletic and quick when hes...eh...kinda in shape. I dont believe hes ever been in great shape, or even good shape. At this point theres no hope for him. Its sad to see his size and potential go to waste.

Agreed. A guy like Shaq only had two things going for him. His size and his quickness. He couldn't make a jump shot if a game depended on it but he worked hard to utilize his size and quickness. Curry has that size but he never worked on his game. Problem is he's nowhere near as fast as Shaq or a guy like Hakeem. So he becomes easier to defend. Then there's the gaping hole he leaves on defense...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't think Mike D'Antoni will be gone by the end of this year, but I do think he will get a reality check. He thinks that taking Marbury out of the rotation and starting Duhorne and Q-Hitch will get the Knicks even 30 wins. He has another thing coming.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
I don't think Mike D'Antoni will be gone by the end of this year, but I do think he will get a reality check. He thinks that taking Marbury out of the rotation and starting Duhorne and Q-Hitch will get the Knicks even 30 wins. He has another thing coming.

Yeah because Marbury won a whole bunch of games in his Knicks career. Get real. Marbury can't play any defense and his PG qualities are suspect.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Yeah because Marbury won a whole bunch of games in his Knicks career. Get real. Marbury can't play any defense and his PG qualities are suspect.

What are you basing this off of? preseason? last year? or 2 years ago?

Marbury barely played last year. When he played in the middle of the season his defense was sharp. I remember him slowin down hinrich and gordon when we played chicago. In 2006-07 marbury played great defense. But your a spurs fan. I dont care that your a spurs fan posting on here. But you dont watch knicks games.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
What are you basing this off of? preseason? last year? or 2 years ago?

Marbury barely played last year. When he played in the middle of the season his defense was sharp. I remember him slowin down hinrich and gordon when we played chicago. In 2006-07 marbury played great defense. But your a spurs fan. I dont care that your a spurs fan posting on here. But you dont watch knicks games.

I'm going off what I saw of him when he played for PHX against the Spurs in the 2003 playoffs. He was non-existent on D.

TunerAddict

Starter

Its actually really simple. The goal is NOT to win now. Marbury isn't coming back, no matter what. Thus, this being a fully fledged rebuilding phase, they have decided that there is no reason to play people who will NOT be there next year. It is now about getting players and the organization in a set system that will be rexognizable to the team as it was in Phx, and how the hard nosed Pat Riley Knicks were in the 90s. Its about creating the environment for success and getting those who will contribute for what may be years to come involved so they can learn.

Will Quentin be here in a few years? Probably not. But he'll be back next year, and he is familiar with the system, meaning his veteran leaderhsip helps the younger knicks adapt more easily.

We aren't in it to win it this year. The Knicks are now run by realists. They know it is going to take time and they are taking baby steps to creating a succesful franchise once again.