Nets looking to trade Sean Williams

Toons

is the Bo$$
i see you didnt watch the last game we played.
16 4 n 4 ain bad in my books
q looks promising, more determined and controlled
if q plays well, and we increase his trade value, donnie may be able to pull off a trade.
and anything is possible in the nba if the need is there. walsh has great respect around the league. dont forget the trades as of late. if the nets offered, would you say no? no right? ok then

Toons

is the Bo$$
we dont have to play him (he can hit the 3 tho, check stats 4 me, maybe even better than q)

if he is expiring, y not take him on for willimas? we are giving them q...so thats a difference of 2 mil

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I've said this before, but a Crawford and Malik Rose for Sean Williams, Bobby Simmons (1 year remaining) and Trenton Hassel (1 year remaining) would work. Q Rich's salary is meaningless to us because it expires after next year. We want to dump as much salary by the end of next year and dumping Crawford's would be nice. We will suck, but that's not important right now. We can find a better guard than Crawford to fill his role. We definitely need a shot-blocker, and with starter's minutes in D'Antoni's system, he would lead the league in blocked shots.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
we dont have to play him (he can hit the 3 tho, check stats 4 me, maybe even better than q)

if he is expiring, y not take him on for willimas? we are giving them q...so thats a difference of 2 mil

He's not expiring. You don't trade for a guy who is expiring in 2 years. Especially one who sucks and is making $10 million a year.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we're not giving up Nate he is developing and is gonna be a great 6th man in this league and Walsh is nothing like Isiah so he's not giving up developing players for garbage players thats what doomed us these last couple of years so Walsh wont do the same

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
I've said this before, but a Crawford and Malik Rose for Sean Williams, Bobby Simmons (1 year remaining) and Trenton Hassel (1 year remaining) would work. Q Rich's salary is meaningless to us because it expires after next year. We want to dump as much salary by the end of next year and dumping Crawford's would be nice. We will suck, but that's not important right now. We can find a better guard than Crawford to fill his role. We definitely need a shot-blocker, and with starter's minutes in D'Antoni's system, he would lead the league in blocked shots.

Hassel has a player option.

Sean Williams sits, ponders Net future

BY JULIAN GARCIA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
Thursday, October 30th 2008, 9:47 PM

<!-- ARTICLE CONTENT START --> A week into training camp, Sean Williams was one of the Nets' best players. Vince Carter said so, and Lawrence Frank agreed.
But on opening night in Washington on Wednesday, Williams might as well have been sitting with the fans. That's how far down the Nets' bench he was.
The team's top draft pick a year ago, Williams was one of just two active players not to get into the Nets' 95-85 win over the Wizards. Maurice Ager, a guard who was thrown into the Jason Kidd trade with Dallas last season, was the other.
Though Frank wouldn't publicly reveal his plan for Williams prior to tip-off, the coach did tell the 22-year-old center what to expect during a private meeting the day before. Frank also dropped hints during the preseason, limiting Williams' playing time in favor of this year's top pick, Brook Lopez.
Actually, Williams had something to do with that. When Frank approached him before a game against the Knicks on Oct.21 and asked if he'd like to start over Lopez, Williams declined, saying that Lopez needed the playing time.
Now Williams is the one looking for minutes. Thursday he said he has no regrets about choosing to sit in favor of Lopez last week. He also offered mostly shrugs and head shakes when asked what he needs to do to get back into the rotation.
"Just keep doing me," said Williams. "My time will come."
Frank said Williams won't necessarily be stuck on the bench forever. But he couldn't offer specific examples of how Williams can earn playing time. "He's going to get an opportunity," said Frank. "When? I don't know."
"He's going to get an opportunity," said Frank. "When? I don't know." Williams was highly -touted when the Nets took him out of Boston College with the 17th pick last year. But aside from a few flashes last season, he's been mostly disappointing, failing to live up to his billing as a top shot-blocker and rim-rocker.
In fact, the Nets have shown interest in trading him in the past and may also look to use Williams in a deal sometime soon. With Lopez and Josh Boone seemingly locked into the rotation, and with the equally athletic but more experienced Stromile Swift possibly returning from a back injury in the not-so-distant future, finding playing time for Williams could be difficult.
The Nets still would like to find a third point guard or another wing player, and someone with Williams' potential and rookie-scale salary could be good trade bait. The team exercised the third-year option on his contract Thursday.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Sean Williams sits, ponders Net future

BY JULIAN GARCIA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
Thursday, October 30th 2008, 9:47 PM

A week into training camp, Sean Williams was one of the Nets' best players. Vince Carter said so, and Lawrence Frank agreed.

We need to get this guy. He's about the same build as Amare Stoudemire, who played center for D'Antoni. He's only in his second year and has huge potential. He's a perfect fit for D'Antoni's system and fills our shot-blocking needs, which is one of our biggest weaknesses.

We need to get this guy. He's about the same build as Amare Stoudemire, who played center for D'Antoni. He's only in his second year and has huge potential. He's a perfect fit for D'Antoni's system and fills our shot-blocking needs, which is one of our biggest weaknesses.

So now we're comparing a guy who has no offensive game to speak of to Amare Stoudemire? Are you guys serious with this crap?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
So now we're comparing a guy who has no offensive game to speak of to Amare Stoudemire? Are you guys serious with this crap?

No dumbass. I was speaking in terms of size, not offense. We wouldn't be getting him for his offense. He can work on a jumpshot, which Amare didn't have when he first came into the league. Camby didn't have any offense when he came into the league either. But Williams can lead the league in blocked shots if put on the right team and given starter's minutes.

No dumbass. I was speaking in terms of size, not offense. We wouldn't be getting him for his offense. He can work on a jumpshot, which Amare didn't have when he first came into the league. Camby didn't have any offense when he came into the league either. But Williams can lead the league in blocked shots if put on the right team and given starter's minutes.

Amare still doesn't have a jumpshot.

Last I checked Bill Russell wasn't on the Nets so why isn't he getting minutes there if he's so good?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Amare still doesn't have a jumpshot.

Do you watch basketball? Amare's jumpshot isn't bad, it isn't great either but I wouldn't say he doesn't have one. But that is moot. I already said we wouldn't be getting Williams for his offense. Instead of complaining about everybody on this site, try being constructive and contributing something and propose reasonable alternatives to address our shot-blocking needs.

Last I checked Bill Russell wasn't on the Nets so why isn't he getting minutes there if he's so good?

His attitude. That's the one thing that worries me about him.

Do you watch basketball? Amare's jumpshot isn't bad, it isn't great either but I wouldn't say he doesn't have one. But that is moot. I already said we wouldn't be getting Williams for his offense. Instead of complaining about everybody on this site, try being constructive and contributing something and propose reasonable alternatives to address our shot-blocking needs.

It's the last possession and your down 1 in a game 7, do you want Amare Stoudemire deciding the game by taking a jumper? If the answer is no, which it should be, then he doesn't have a good jump shot. I understand I'm being a hard marker but in my opinion if you don't trust a guy to hit a jumper in the clutch then how can you say he has a good or even ok jump shot?

As to your second point I'm not complaining about anybody but if somebody's making a silly point I'll point it out just as if I did I would expect to be.

Of course I only make good points so no worry there. :thumbsup:

To your third point I'm not against giving Sean Williams or a Sean Williams type player an opportunity but those guys are tough to find and hard to get. The Nets aren't giving away Williams for Q, In all probability they wouldn't trade him to the Knicks unless they could get rid of Carter in the deal.

As for what to do, I would preach patience right now and see how things play out with the roster we have. We're not contending for a title anytime soon so lets see what the young players could do under a coach who knows what he's doing and take it from there. Right now everybody on our team has lower trade value then they should. It's going to take time to adjust that.