we need STEPH!!! we want STEPH!!!!!!!!!

mikelee

Rookie
look at how bad did the knicks played in last two games, crawford is not fitting into D'Antoni's system , only scores 1 point in NYK vs Bucks's game, and i dont know why MIke is not using him since stephon had a strong preseason and playing collins in front of him, that's stupid. i believe that stephon marbury could make the knicks better and run their plays better.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Great Thread!!!! We need more threads like this!!!

Walt Frazier knows the deal, hes part of team starbury

Marbury is EXACTLY what we need, a point guard who can penetrate, pass, score, and get to the free throw line at will

JayJ44

Starter
I agree, this system requires a point guard who has handles, can shoot, get to the rim. Duhon is definitely not that. I hope Marbury plays against the Bobcats, he would probably play especially well against Larry Brown.

mikelee

Rookie
:agreed: we really need a pg who can run plays as Steve Nash and this point guard can be found in the team- a man who got benched for no reason even he had a strong preseason and fitting into the coach's system- STEPHON MARBURY!!!!!!

WiL8000

Rotation player
I want to see Stephon Marbury play in this system and at least see what he can do as a starting PG in it. It can only help to see what the possibilities are. There's more behind having Marbury sit out than is known to us and the media.

metrocard

Legend
Power to this thread.

Our offense is lacking in explosiveness and offensive firepower. Marbury can provide that easily.

Marbury is the best ball handler, passer, and most experienced PG on this team...how do you expect to compete at the highest level without such a talent?

amilion

Benchwarmer
I agree!!! It's breaking my heart to see our dire need of something that steph provides. Half the time when I'm watching them I forget that we supposedly have a "true" point guard out there in duhon...one who can run this offense and defends....yeah right. That sessions kid ran around him and most of the time i see duhon turning the ball over or attempting to drive into traffic, getting stuck, and not knowing what to do with the ball after that. I dunno...to me it seems evident that steph should be playing and dantoni is just being stubborn.

I understand that he feels the team is going in different directions and he wants Mardy, etc to play and gain experience but who the hell do they have to learn from out there...nobody! The only point guard on the team is Steph and despite his funky attitude off the court (which he hasn't shown recently) his skill on the court is undeniable and maybe, just maybe, he can show them something.

I know a lot of people say the "pro-steph" people aren't knick fans but I'm here to tell you I'm a HUGE knick fan and I just feel that steph could help.

I think the Knicks playing for a draft pick. The only reason logical enough to not play steph. They could've just been honest with us before the season and told us this tho...

mikelee

Rookie
playing for the draft pick?! we want to see a competitive season for the knicks and btwn getting the top pick may not make your team better, plz look at Kwame Brown.......... and STOP PLAYING LIKE SHIT, KNICKS....

Paul1355

All Star
Power to this thread.

Our offense is lacking in explosiveness and offensive firepower. Marbury can provide that easily.

Marbury is the best ball handler, passer, and most experienced PG on this team...how do you expect to compete at the highest level without such a talent?

Have to agree. This thread is clearly a Steph biased thread but this is a shame that he isn't even playing. He should be the 6th man at the LEAST. I really feel that Crawford scoring 1 point today shows he can not be our Starting SG anymore. He goes from 29 points one game to 1 point the next???????? WHO DOES THAT BESIDES CRAWFORD???

Marbury HAS to start playing. I can't stand seeing Mardy Collins getting minutes while Marbury is on the bench, in a suit, while being in perfect shape. This doesn't make sense at all. WALSH STARTED FROM SCRATCH WITH MARBURY AND MIKE D ISN'T. Walsh has to settle this NOW.

Marbury showed his excitement and enthusiam and most of all work ethic, coming in before the season at 197 pounds. Did that not stand out to any of the staff? Collins? seriously a former D league player getting minutes over a former all star who is only 30 in Marbury! This has to be a way to make Marbury quit the team or something. Make him sign a buy out, I can't see any other solution to why this is happening. This is hurting us and it has only been 3 games.

mikelee

Rookie
:agreed::thumbsup: good reply, paul 1355, crawford cannot start anymore. he cannot go from 29 pt a game to 1 pt a game and the 1 point he got is from the foul shot. he cannot be consistent enough to carry the knicks and to mike d'antoni, u better play marbury instead of mardy collins and crawford because we all find no reasons not to play him. he had shown that he could play in your system and he did whatever you asked him to do: pass more and not to take that many shots, he had been a good point guard in the preseason... shame to you, mike d'antoni!!!! for not playing marbury

Paul1355

All Star
:agreed::thumbsup: good reply, paul 1355, crawford cannot start anymore. he cannot go from 29 pt a game to 1 pt a game and the 1 point he got is from the foul shot. he cannot be consistent enough to carry the knicks and to mike d'antoni, u better play marbury instead of mardy collins and crawford because we all find no reasons not to play him. he had shown that he could play in your system and he did whatever you asked him to do: pass more and not to take that many shots, he had been a good point guard in the preseason... shame to you, mike d'antoni!!!! for not playing marbury

Only reason to me is that the Knicks really want to buy out Steph. No reason to cause this drama for the hell of it. The guy busted his ass in the off season to impress and he can't even get the opportunity. AND he is clearly our best overall player.

I just can't believe the start of our season has to start with our star player being inactive; and us showing a lack of energy after one game.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Excellent thread, mikelee. D'Antoni is tanking an entire season, by not playing Marbury. Chris Duhon sucks. His stats can be seen on my signature. I will update his stats after every game, so that everyone can see just how much Duhon sucks.

Akamu

The King
Have to agree. This thread is clearly a Steph biased thread but this is a shame that he isn't even playing. He should be the 6th man at the LEAST. I really feel that Crawford scoring 1 point today shows he can not be our Starting SG anymore. He goes from 29 points one game to 1 point the next???????? WHO DOES THAT BESIDES CRAWFORD???

Marbury HAS to start playing. I can't stand seeing Mardy Collins getting minutes while Marbury is on the bench, in a suit, while being in perfect shape. This doesn't make sense at all. WALSH STARTED FROM SCRATCH WITH MARBURY AND MIKE D ISN'T. Walsh has to settle this NOW.

Marbury showed his excitement and enthusiam and most of all work ethic, coming in before the season at 197 pounds. Did that not stand out to any of the staff? Collins? seriously a former D league player getting minutes over a former all star who is only 30 in Marbury! This has to be a way to make Marbury quit the team or something. Make him sign a buy out, I can't see any other solution to why this is happening. This is hurting us and it has only been 3 games.

LMFAO!! He forgot to break out his lucky Isaiah Thomas underwear!

"Isaiah Thomas and Jamal Crawford"....Like father like son" whoever said that I'm still laughing at that! LoL!

Chris Doodoo and Jamal The Craptastic do not have the ability to make big plays....................they are NOT play makers, just plain old role/back ups.

Jamal is STREAKY at best, he needs to get lucky to have a good game. You can tell by the expression on Mike D Antoni's face "what the fukk I thought this guy was supposed to be good??? the fukk was I thinking!"

You look at those preseason games ALONE, Starbury went to the line whenever he wanted to.

Chris Doodoo is not even a temporary answer at the point.

Someone wake me up from this nightmare already, call the knicks organization, write a petition, get Starbury playing again, for nut sakes give us a better chance at winning.

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Mike D has created more work for himself than needed

Look I like Mike Dantoni he's still a good coach to me, but what he has done in benching Steph is created a must win situation for himself. He essentially made his job a lot harder than it needed to be in terms of on the court performance, and media scrutiny. Look if we play Steph and we are 1-2 then the argument is our team is still learning the system, but benching Steph opens up the argument that we are losing because our current backcourt sucks. Now being that the one game that we got production out of the backcourt resulted in a victory, then it is hard to disagree with that claim. So again Mike Dantoni has made his job harder than it needed to be. No realistic fan expected us to be a playoff team this season, all we wanted was some promise for the future. No fan realistically thought Steph would be the PG of the future for NY, but certainly wanted to see him in this system. I stated before that there could be other factors to Steph's benching like teamate's disapproval of him, but if that's the case then someone better step up for the sake of Dantoni because he is looking really bad right about now!

I cant say for sure we would be 3-0 if Steph was playing or even 2-1, but I can say if he is not benched Mike Dantoni's job is a lot easier!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree!!! It's breaking my heart to see our dire need of something that steph provides. Half the time when I'm watching them I forget that we supposedly have a "true" point guard out there in duhon...one who can run this offense and defends....yeah right. That sessions kid ran around him and most of the time i see duhon turning the ball over or attempting to drive into traffic, getting stuck, and not knowing what to do with the ball after that. I dunno...to me it seems evident that steph should be playing and dantoni is just being stubborn.

I understand that he feels the team is going in different directions and he wants Mardy, etc to play and gain experience but who the hell do they have to learn from out there...nobody! The only point guard on the team is Steph and despite his funky attitude off the court (which he hasn't shown recently) his skill on the court is undeniable and maybe, just maybe, he can show them something.

I know a lot of people say the "pro-steph" people aren't knick fans but I'm here to tell you I'm a HUGE knick fan and I just feel that steph could help.

Thats exactly how i look at it. D'antoni needs to stop being stubborn and start playin the best player on this team.

Excellent thread, mikelee. D'Antoni is tanking an entire season, by not playing Marbury. Chris Duhon sucks. His stats can be seen on my signature. I will update his stats after every game, so that everyone can see just how much Duhon sucks.

lol @ your sig, those stats are terrible. Theres some player who dont put up good stats but they still do good things on the court....duhorns not even one of those type of players. Hes statistically a bum, and hes a bum on the court.

Crawford should be the inactive one. I think were a better team without him. Hes the worst guard we have (defensively) on this team. And his offense is streaky, bad for the most part.

Starks

Starter
I don't see why weneed him. He's not in the future plans. We are not even supposed to make the playoffs this year anway. We all knew 2 seasons ago that eventually we knick fans have to submit and just deal with the Knicks being a last place team until our cap situation gets better.

Thomas never could grasp this, and hes a big reason we are in the mess we are in now. He just couldn't comprehend the overiding gameplan of getting under the cap and signing A+ free agents in 2010

What we need to do is trade him to get the attention off of him- It's getting too much bad press.

If they can put him on waivers, maybe some team will bite and grab him. It will get the Knicks off the hook financially.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Why do we need Steph to play? So we can have maybe 3-5 more wins than we will get without him? Is that really important? He is not part of this team anymore, get over it. I do think we should buy him out, now. He's even a cancer when he's being good. This is a Dolan move, that's obvious. Steph would have been gone before training camp if Dolan would have allowed a buyout.