Gallinari DNP...Collins gets minutes!

Paul1355

All Star
Okay we have a draft pick who is finally playing basketball and his injury is in the past. So why did he not play in Game 3 when he is known for his shooting? This is said by Walsh and company.

And why is Mardy Collins getting minutes in Game 3 when Gallinari and Marbury are on the bench watching the game?????????????

TunerAddict

Starter
Okay we have a draft pick who is finally playing basketball and his injury is in the past. So why did he not play in Game 3 when he is known for his shooting? This is said by Walsh and company.

And why is Mardy Collins getting minutes in Game 3 when Gallinari and Marbury are on the bench watching the game?????????????

Did you watch the game?

Mardy was one of the few players that played well....We needed his D cause We were getting killed at that point by Sessions and Jefferson so D brought him in and that changed quick.

However, I did think Gallo should have played...No reason he couldn't have played him the last 3 minutes because the game was over. It got close in the last minute, but the game was never in reach at that point of the game. He should have played. This I don't understand...

Roberson played and looked good. He hustled and stuff and his shot was better than it had been looking.

TunerAddict

Starter
Collins is such a scrub. He is always turning the ball over because he has no handles, and it seems like every game he shoots at least 1 airball, sometimes more. But this guy is getting minutes over Gallo and Marbury, it doesn't make any sense.

He cannot shoot. That is pretty much the truth. However, it doesn't matter if its an airball or not. A missed shot is a missed shot, a make is a make.

He can drive well and we saw that tonight as whenever he took it hard he got to the freethrow line...

The handle thing is because of his technique. Walt talks about it every game...Thats the problem with being a tall guard...

Paul1355

All Star
Did you watch the game?

Mardy was one of the few players that played well....We needed his D cause We were getting killed at that point by Sessions and Jefferson so D brought him in and that changed quick.

However, I did think Gallo should have played...No reason he couldn't have played him the last 3 minutes because the game was over. It got close in the last minute, but the game was never in reach at that point of the game. He should have played. This I don't understand...

Roberson played and looked good. He hustled and stuff and his shot was better than it had been looking.

Mardy was throwin up air balls and had turn overs but I'll say that he wasn't AS BAD as some players at that game.

The point of this thread was to bring up the notion that Mike D is actually playing a former D league player, who is a clear NBA bench player, and is not playing the 6th overall pick and a former all star.

Does this make any sense other than a buy out for Marbury?

Gallinari's DNP is still a mystery to me. Yea he has been nervous and not with it in Game 1 and 2, but the guy needs playing time to get in a groove like every other player. Let's see what he can do! Play him one game with significant minutes instead of giving them to Collins and Rose.

TunerAddict

Starter
Gallo still might be slightly hurt..Maybe D doesn't want to rush him into playing a whole lot...Plus his conditioning isn't game ready as he sat out the preseason and most of the practices...

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
All these Italian rooks suck, like Bargnani and Gallinari. They need to prove themselves some more, before being given guaranteed NBA contracts. Gallinari looks kind of slow, too, and lost, when he's out there attempting to play basketball. D'Antoni even said he might send his god son down to the D league, so he can learn the game and develop.

This team is a comedy of errors. Another crap season, it's fun to watch the boos and look at D'Antoni's face, after the losses, though. It's going to be a longgggggggggggggg season.

Paul1355

All Star
Gallo still might be slightly hurt..Maybe D doesn't want to rush him into playing a whole lot...Plus his conditioning isn't game ready as he sat out the preseason and most of the practices...

Maybe your right on that but he should have gotten something. He should have done what Roberson did, come in just to throw up long shots. That's what Walsh and Mike D have been raving about with Gallinari (his shooting ability).

TunerAddict

Starter
All these Italian rooks suck, like Bargnani and Gallinari. They need to prove themselves some more, before being given guaranteed NBA contracts. Gallinari looks kind of slow, too, and lost, when he's out there attempting to play basketball. D'Antoni even said he might send his god son down to the D league, so he can learn the game and develop.

This team is a comedy of errors. Another crap season, it's fun to watch the boos and look at D'Antoni's face, after the losses, though. It's going to be a longgggggggggggggg season.

I don't think ANYONE should get guaranteed contracts...You should prove your worth or get fired and not paid like the rest of the world.

TunerAddict

Starter
Maybe your right on that but he should have gotten something. He should have done what Roberson did, come in just to throw up long shots. That's what Walsh and Mike D have been raving about with Gallinari (his shooting ability).

You do realize I agreed Gallo should have played in my first post and that I was perplexed as to why he didn't get some garbage minutes at the end, right?

Paul1355

All Star
You do realize I agreed Gallo should have played in my first post and that I was perplexed as to why he didn't get some garbage minutes at the end, right?

I knew you wanted him to play.....just pissed off that his back might still be hurting and that's why he isn't playing. Honestly if the Knicks keep this up, he should just play more minutes, back injury or not. If you even watch the replay of how he got hurt, he bounces right back up as if nothing happened, and now it is still bothering him? I don't understand it sometimes.

d'antoni said earlier in the paper "the kids really lost his intensity after the first week or so, he's a real project"

something very close to that anyways

seems they want to build him up in practice more to get him some more marrrbllllessss nohomo to get him shootin with confidence

portega1968

El Cacique
Gallinari's DNP is still a mystery to me. Yea he has been nervous and not with it in Game 1 and 2, but the guy needs playing time to get in a groove like every other player. Let's see what he can do! Play him one game with significant minutes instead of giving them to Collins and Rose.

Marc Berman in yesterday's NYPost: "D'Antoni admitted he may be rushing struggling rookie Danilo Gallinari and may not play him tonight. After a strong first few practices from adrenaline, Gallinari has, D'Antoni said, "fallen off the cliff. We've got get him back up. He's a project."

hum, IMO these are words for a guy headed to the D-League... except that Coach said we're looking to develop young guys, so why not give him at least 15 mins a night? This is contradictory.

on the other hand, Collins sucks. He's a teaser; you'll get a really nice game from him followed by two really shitty performances. Knicks shouldn't pick up this guy's options and just let him go ASAP. I agree that his minutes should be for Gallo.

Paul1355

All Star
He is only 19, so young, i think it is all about time... i was just reading an article on him and i like him as a prospect. I think in a few years people are gana wish they hadent of booed when the knicks made that pick a few years ago. I will post a thread with the article so people who want to read it can. but in the mean time the article is at
http://jocklife.com/eng/news/redirect.cfm?sectionID=news/extranetNewsDetail.cfm&newsItemID=8305

People underestimate Walsh and his picks....

Anybody remember Reggie Miller getting picked???

Watch at 1:15...Miller gets picked and you can hear the booing from the TV. lol

metrocard

Legend

Do you honestly expect a 6"10 225 pound man to be lighting fast?

The fact that Gallinari has ability to handle the ball and drive to the basket pass his man at will shows his talent, skill, agility and quickness for a 6"10 man.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Mike D'Antoni loves Gallinari; the fact that he isn't playing him makes me very suspicious. In my opinion, Gallinari is going to be a bust. D'Antoni has played all of his favorites, except Gallinari. It doesn't make any sense. D'Antoni loves Quentin Richardson, and you see him starting. D'Antoni loves Duhon, and you see him starting. D'Antoni loves Lee, so you see him starting. D'Antoni likes Roberson and Chandler, so they get playing time. D'Antoni thinks Crawford is going to average 20-24 points this season, so he's starting. The only player D'Antoni likes that isn't getting minutes is Gallinari. It doesn't make sense to me. All of the other players that aren't getting playing time are people D'Antoni doesn't like: Jerome James, Stephon Marbury, and Eddy Curry.

paris401

Starter
. In my opinion, Gallinari is going to be a bust..

i agree... he is too fuk-in slow to cover the small forwards, and certainly too weak to play power...

put him at the end of the bench next to wide-load (curry), burger-king (james), towel-head (starbury)... its getting crowded down here on the group W bench....

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
wait till Gallo gets 100% and finds his rythm this dude will be sick guys and it'llmake us all forget the boo's we gave on draft night and all the bad draft picks

GetRealistic

Starter
Only reason he isn't playing is because he missed all of training camp and probably doesn't know the offense. By December he'll be logging big minutes. I can't tell ya if hes going to be great, mediorcre, or a bust. But i think he has too much talent to be a bust.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I think this is unfair. If Isiah had made this disaterous pick everyone would be losing there minds. Gallinari was/is a project. everyone one knew this. I was called prejudiced for stating the obvious. We had Wilson Chandler on the roster already, so why didn't we get the PG we obviously needed? The answer is our new management, is no better than our old.

PG we didn't get

Eric Gordon
Jerryd Bayless
D. J. Augustin
Mario Chalmers

I bet they'll all be more successful than Gallinari.