Denver gets

Billups and McDyess

for

Iverson

Billups has 2 years left on contract 12mil / then 13mil

McDyess 1 year left 6.5 mil

and

Iverson contract is up this year....

Probably good moves financially for both teams...

But basketball wise...I don't know ...they both are one step from being good

Starks

Starter
whoa.

Good move by Denver.

AI back in the East where he belongs. He's gona love it in Detroit with Sheed on his side.

I wonder if we could have traded Marbs for Billups

richtree

Rotation player
Billups does have some years on the contract....
plus they probably didn't wanna trade him to another East. Conf. team...

but it just goes to show that if you have a Good GM...and are willing to try and work hard enough....there is always a trade out there that can help you

A.I.. and Steph have similar contracts....hmmmmmmmm

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
okay....denver traded camby for a 2nd round pick for financial reasons and now they trade away an expiring contract for billups who has multiple years left on his contract....yea....makes a whole lot of sense from denver...bilupps still a good player though

richtree

Rotation player
I want knicks management to do something..........

anything........

just to show me things are different...........

? ? ?

JayJ44

Starter
I want knicks management to do something..........

anything........

just to show me things are different...........

? ? ?

That sounds like something Isiah would do. Make a trade just for the sake of making a trade and making news.

As for the Denver-Detroit trade, I like it for both teams. Detroit gets a sorely needed scoring punch. Denver gets a good point guard who can help get the ball in to the hands of the other players in a good position to score. I think Detroit can win a title now.

richtree

Rotation player
Firstly, JaY'....

no one said anything about making a stupid trade for no reason....

every true knick fan -- wants the circus to end....

it was suppossed to with Mikey D and now knick's fan want to see something happen....

sitting on this lineup and letting curry/steph not play is useless...

ps.. billups alrady won a title with detroit ....so how does A.I. help them ? if anything he will create a problem because they will feel obligated to have him on the court late in games when stuckey is the better defender

Pistons def.
Lakers
4-1
Chauncey Billups, Detroit Pistons MVP

JayJ44

Starter
Firstly, JaY'....

no one said anything about making a stupid trade for no reason....

every true knick fan -- wants the circus to end....

it was suppossed to with Mikey D and now knick's fan want to see something happen....

sitting on this lineup and letting curry/steph not play is useless...

ps.. billups alrady won a title with detroit ....so how does A.I. help them ? if anything he will create a problem because they will feel obligated to have him on the court late in games when stuckey is the better defender

Pistons def.
Lakers
4-1
Chauncey Billups, Detroit Pistons MVP

Sorry, thought you were implying to just make a trade, my mistake. I agree that they should play Marbury, but I don't think D'antoni has much of a choice about Curry. He had that infection, now I'm hearing something about his knee. Plus, he's out of shape, so he'll probably get some playing time later in the year.

About the Pistons, that team has trouble scoring for long stretches at times. AI brings penetration and easy baskets. Late in games I think they're gonna do a 3 guard line up:
PG- Stucky
SG- AI
SF- Hamilton
PF- Prince might be able to play the 4, depending on the matchup. Otherwise Maxiel or McDyess if he comes back.
C- Sheed

They can switch around Stucky and AI.

okay....denver traded camby for a 2nd round pick for financial reasons and now they trade away an expiring contract for billups who has multiple years left on his contract....yea....makes a whole lot of sense from denver...bilupps still a good player though

Billups is not young but at his age as PG he has 3 to 4 years more but as for Camby... He's already old that's why he was traded and I don't buy for financial reason of Denver! :agreed:

H20

Rookie
denver is now a much better team and will make the playoffs and go farther, they deff made out on the trade, A.I. is a good player but not as good as a team player as billups

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
denver is now a much better team and will make the playoffs and go farther, they deff made out on the trade, A.I. is a good player but not as good as a team player as billups

i love going back and seeing who get the better end of the deal. it really was a low-risk deal for the pistons, since if a.i continues his average play he comes off the books. but i still think he makes detroit a scary team, cuz he cud blow for 30 points on any given night. but the nuggets have definetely impressed me. iverson might be the better player pound for pound, but undoubtely billups was better for the nuggets. plus melo hasnt even been playing up to par yet. this team looks scary and if it keeps this solid play up they could be a real lock at the #2 position in the west (something i thought the hornets would do with no problem). i say the nuggets won this deal. i was wondering what would happen if they still had camby though? would he be playin better than nene right now? because nene is playing pretty good. but anywayz ive been impressed with the nuggets so far