I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

Who Should We Draft?

• Brandon Jennings

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Ricky Rubio

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demar DeRozan

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Tyreke Evans

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Blake Griffin

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters

bfab99

Benchwarmer
How can he be like Chris Paul if he can't even dominate slow Europeans? Jennings has been one of the worst players on his team.

dude can play. I mean, with the minutes he play there 15-18 min, you really can't expect big numbers from him. All u have to do is watch his vids. The guy is athletic, can pass, create his shots and obviously plays fast and fits with the fast paced style New York play. And if he's available at 8 spot, I don't see why we shouldn't pick him.

sg8

Benchwarmer
yeah, i totally agree...jennings will be a great fit for the knicks...but i just cant see him ending up in ny...i believe that even if he's available at 8, d antoni will pick someone else...or even if we get up the draft,4-5-6 maybe,again i dont think dantoni likes him...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
knicks1.jpg

It only took me 9 tries to get the #1 pick.
http://www.realgm.net/src_lottosim.php

metrocard

Legend
dude can play. I mean, with the minutes he play there 15-18 min, you really can't expect big numbers from him. All u have to do is watch his vids. The guy is athletic, can pass, create his shots and obviously plays fast and fits with the fast paced style New York play. And if he's available at 8 spot, I don't see why we shouldn't pick him.

If highlight videos told the story, Nate Robinson would be surely rated higher than Chris Paul.

They don't.

We know he's athletic, and fast.

But Jenning SUCKS at playing organized basketball.
He really does.
He's been AWFUL in Roma, have you followed him?

He can't shoot. (22% 3pt shooter in Europe where the 3pt line is shorter)
He can't pass at a high efficiency yet, he's super turnover prone and overdribbles
Not a shutdown defender.

He's just learning how to be a pass first point guard right now...he was a shoot first PG throughout HS.

"Perimeter shooting is the area that Jennings needs to work the most on if he?s to come anywhere close to reaching his full potential as a scorer?he?s made just 22 of 99 attempts from beyond the arc in 43 games in both the Euroleague and Italian league this season, or 22%.

Jennings has a tendency to contort his body and fade away excessively on many of his attempts?something he?s been working on extensively with Bosnian assistant Nenad Trajkovic, who was hired after Nando Gentile replaced former head coach Jasmin Repesa in December. Trajkovic worked for many years as an assistant and head coach with Serbian powerhouse Partizan Belgrade, widely considered the best team in European basketball in everything revolving around developing young players. "

Not good.

ANU

Starter
bottom line is, the fix has to be in, or stern is a bulls fan.
ain't no way in hell the lotto aint fixed.lebron to cleveland?
rose to chicago? come on.

JayJ44

Starter
What do you guys think of Stephen Curry?

I've compared to him to JJ Redick in the past, and after doing my research, I'm taking that back. His ball handling, passing, and court vision are far superior to Redick's. He averaged 5.6 assists at Davidson, which is pretty good considering the level of talent he was surrounded with. He would actually make an excellent PG in this system; with his shooting and pick and roll capabilities (averaged 1.3 PPP on the pick and roll). He had to do pretty much everything for his team at Davidson, so he should be much more efficient in a lesser role. He has a good attitude and obviously REALLY wants to play for the Knicks.

On the other hand, his defense scares me. He's small, not very athletic or quick, and has an average wingspan. I can see him being easily taken advantage of in the NBA.

I think I would prefer a guy like Ty Lawson rather than Curry. He's stronger, and is a better defender. But if we do end up drafting Curry (which seems likely), I could live with Curry's shooting ability.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only

hey, I hope that's true. That means somehow we are gonna get first pick in 2010 and draft Lance Stephenson (brooklyn native) :lol:

dave2138

Rotation player

Nah there's no way they would risk fixing it and later it leaks out to the public. Orlando had a 1% chance of getting the Chris Webber pick..why would the NBA fix it for him to go there? San Antonio, Sacramento, Portland, Toronto, Milwaukee, New Jersey..not the biggest markets have won the draft. Its all just luck there was never any evidence of a conspiracy.

It is fun though to look back and see how things would have changed had the worst teams get the top picks.

Minnesota got screwed the most over early-mid 90's..

If the draft was based on record they could have chosen from
1992 - Shaq or Mourning
1993 - A. Hardaway or Mashburn
1994 - Jason Kidd or Grant Hill
1995 - Well, hat year worked out for them to move down to #5
Then they lost a couple 1st round picks for the Joe Smith incident..Had the same chance as Portland to get the #1 pick in 2007, but didn't get it.

Maybe there is a conspiracy against Minnesota?

Kiyaman

Legend
Out of all the PG in this draft only one will give us the toughness and speed we receive from Nate Robinson. And that is Ty Lawson.
However, to draft Ty Lawson means we dont need Nate on the roster....and to sign and trade Nate will only put $$$ on the salary cap disrupting the 2010 plan.

Replacing a hard nose working combo-guard that get carried away sometimes by putting out to much effort with another hard working natural PG that will give u the samething.....is not focusing on the TEAMS empty spots at the SG, PF, and Center position in this draft.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lets complete one phraze of rebuilding this offseason.

Believe me when I say, "the Knicks been suffering at the SG position the last 6 seasons". It was not hard for the Nets and Suns to recognize all of PG-Marbury weaknesses through their SG-Kittles, SG-Stephon Jackson, and SG-Joe Johnson.

For as long as I been playing and watching Basketball it has been the teams SG or SF performance which decides on the type of PG that best fit the team
(example is PG-Billups with Rip & Prince, or J.R Smith & Melo).

The experience of competing in the NBA makes a star PG not the draft....the Magic Johnsons, Isiahs, Stoctons, Kidd, CP3, and D.Rose, are few and a percentage of 1 out of a 1000.
To this day I frown on the Orlando Magic for trading Chris Webber for Penny Hardaway, when Shaq & Webber would've gave the Orlando Magic a couple of Championship Trophies.

This past season we watched Duhon & Nate hold down both the PG and SG position, having just a small rotation of players we had to use SF without any handle or decent passing-skillz to play the SG position, which gave more pressure to Duhon and Nate at bringing up the ball at the speed inwhich Dantoni's "seven-second system" would allow.

We have Duhon and Nate as our PG for the next 1 to 4 years untill we can find better (which we wont find any PG better or tougher with our 8th pick). Resigning Nate's toughness is a must.
So selecting our future SG with the 8th pick would be the best solution for us in this draft. Buying a pick or two would also be a great move along with signing a shooter or rebounder from the D-League to develope in our practice sessions next season.

It would be nice to start next season with a 3 to 4 guard rotation that can hang with the Eastern Conference best guards.
Duhon and Nate did an exceptional well job this past season by themselves, and will only show improvement next season.
Larry Hughes is not in our future but could be a great learning tool for our rookie star SG this season.
We are building for chemistry this offseason and having a guard line-up of Duhon, Nate, and Harding would be a compliment to this team future growth.....for whatever take place in this 2010 plan.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Lets complete one phraze of rebuilding this offseason.

Believe me when I say, "the Knicks been suffering at the SG position the last 6 seasons". It was not hard for the Nets and Suns to recognize all of PG-Marbury weaknesses through their SG-Kittles, SG-Stephon Jackson, and SG-Joe Johnson.

For as long as I been playing and watching Basketball it has been the teams SG or SF performance which decides on the type of PG that best fit the team
(example is PG-Billups with Rip & Prince, or J.R Smith & Melo).

The experience of competing in the NBA makes a star PG not the draft....the Magic Johnsons, Isiahs, Stoctons, Kidd, CP3, and D.Rose, are few and a percentage of 1 out of a 1000.
To this day I frown on the Orlando Magic for trading Chris Webber for Penny Hardaway, when Shaq & Webber would've gave the Orlando Magic a couple of Championship Trophies.

This past season we watched Duhon & Nate hold down both the PG and SG position, having just a small rotation of players we had to use SF without any handle or decent passing-skillz to play the SG position, which gave more pressure to Duhon and Nate at bringing up the ball at the speed inwhich Dantoni's "seven-second system" would allow.

We have Duhon and Nate as our PG for the next 1 to 4 years untill we can find better (which we wont find any PG better or tougher with our 8th pick). Resigning Nate's toughness is a must.
So selecting our future SG with the 8th pick would be the best solution for us in this draft. Buying a pick or two would also be a great move along with signing a shooter or rebounder from the D-League to develope in our practice sessions next season.

It would be nice to start next season with a 3 to 4 guard rotation that can hang with the Eastern Conference best guards.
Duhon and Nate did an exceptional well job this past season by themselves, and will only show improvement next season.
Larry Hughes is not in our future but could be a great learning tool for our rookie star SG this season.
We are building for chemistry this offseason and having a guard line-up of Duhon, Nate, and Harding would be a compliment to this team future growth.....for whatever take place in this 2010 plan.

Good post, Kiyaman.

I agree with you that nate was the man last year. He deserves a new contract. Hopefully we see him as a knick for our championship run in the future.

I also wondered what could have been of the orlando magic if they would have kept webber. They also had nick anderson, so they didn't need another scoring guard.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Nah there's no way they would risk fixing it and later it leaks out to the public. Orlando had a 1% chance of getting the Chris Webber pick..why would the NBA fix it for him to go there? San Antonio, Sacramento, Portland, Toronto, Milwaukee, New Jersey..not the biggest markets have won the draft. Its all just luck there was never any evidence of a conspiracy.

It is fun though to look back and see how things would have changed had the worst teams get the top picks.

1992 - Shaq or Mourning
Then they lost a couple 1st round picks for the Joe Smith incident..Had the same chance as Portland to get the #1 pick in 2007, but didn't get it.

C-Shaq
F-Garnett (the one we liked, the HOF player on the crap team)
F-Hill
G-R. Allen (assuming they never trade for starbury)
G-Penny

WIN

its amazing to look back and see what couldve been, not only for the knicks but the other teams overall.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
C-Shaq
F-Garnett (the one we liked, the HOF player on the crap team)
F-Hill
G-R. Allen (assuming they never trade for starbury)
G-Penny

WIN

its amazing to look back and see what couldve been, not only for the knicks but the other teams overall.

theres only one prob with that, if they got shaq to start out with, then theyd have too good of a record to get every1 else in the later years lol

ANU

Starter
hey, I hope that's true. That means somehow we are gonna get first pick in 2010 and draft Lance Stephenson (brooklyn native) :lol:
lance can be ill, be he needs to be as greedy on the defensive end as he is on the offensive end.

1992 - Shaq or Mourning

i know.i was just kidding my self.

this guy can go **** himself.
tv0A.jpg

metrocard

Legend

He can't play. He hasn't shown he could play at a professional level.

15-18 minutes isn't that bad for a young guy's first season.
But in those 15-18 Jennings exposed himself and all his weaknesses. Didn't really help himself.

Why we shouldn't pick him?
Heres why:
Jenning's glaring weaknesses
- Decision making
- Dominant ball-handler
- Efficiency
- Out of control at times
- Shot-selection
- Ability to fight through screens
- Activity level
- Commitment to playing defense
- Man to man defense
- Academic issues?
- Leadership skills
- Not ready to contribute immediately
- Not productive enough
- Average size
- Upper body strength
- Poor rebounder
- 3-point shooting percentages
- Ability to catch and shoot
- Low shooting percentages

ANU

Starter
also, mullens should be our target if we get another pick.he's got a lot of upside. i'd be pretty stoked if our starting 5 looked like this next year.
holiday-chandler-gallinari-lee-mullens.

Paul1355

All Star
also, mullens should be our target if we get another pick.he's got a lot of upside. i'd be pretty stoked if our starting 5 looked like this next year.
holiday-chandler-gallinari-lee-mullens.

We need a big man more than anything and Mullens is the only other center after Hasheem Thabeet that is worth picking in the first round.

We should trade down and get Mullens or some other big man. I think Mike D needs a solution at Center, especially if Wilcox doesn't get resigned....Jeffries' minutes will drop so we need a center ASAP.

dave2138

Rotation player
I like that idea too Anu with BJ Mullens.

Maybe this can work out: Draft Stephen Curry/Jrue Holiday at #8. Have Minnesota draft BJ Mullens at #18. Whenever it is legal to do so, sign and trade Nate Robinson for draft rights to Mullens and Brian Cardinal.