I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

Who Should We Draft?

• Brandon Jennings

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Ricky Rubio

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demar DeRozan

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Tyreke Evans

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Blake Griffin

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Really really nice work Datprince, crazy useful for people like me that can't watch college games regularly.

+rep for you!:thumbsup:

thanks man, the biggest updates will come before the tournament, after the tournament, after the players declare, after the lottery and before the draft and even after..........thats the updates that are coming so stay tuned.

i really want DeRozan right now.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
* i know i haven't done this in a while, i been real busy but this a 2-for-1 update ill update you guys on the best wing players to look out for and the big men.*

Top 10 Wingmen

nba_u_harden_576.jpg

1. James Harden, SG, Arizona State- When I watched Harden play he really didn't jump out at me, he's a little undersized and isn't the most athletic/explosive guy out there. And there wasn't anything flashy about his game. Bu when i saw the box-score i saw he had like 25 points, 6 rebs, 4 asts. his presence was felt, and he left a mark on the game, he's a top-class scorer and does all the other stuff

He's a scorer with NBA ready strenght and high basketbal IQ, doesn't have the best upside but he'll be a real good player at the next level. Top 5 lock

2. DeMar DeRozan, SG, USC- DeRozan is very similar to Harden with plenty of differences he's freakishly athletic has an NBA ready body and a swagger about him that is reminicent of a young Kobe. which makes you wonder why are his numbers average? maybe he's coasting through college till he gets to the next level? who knows.

He lacks aggresivness, and his play has improved in recent weeks, he's still a top 10 lock which has him falling right into our hands at no.10.

demar1119.jpg

3. Al-Farouq Aminu, SF/PF, Wake Forest- What position will he play in the NBA? he has the size of a 3 and the wingspan of a C. Flies down the court and has tremendous leaping ablilities.

needs work on his perimeter game and needs to improve his basketball IQ, lottery pick easily.

340x.jpg

4. Earl Clark, SG/SF, Louisville- Has an incredible repitoua- he is long(no homo) and athletic and could play multiple positions on both ends of the court-and has dominated the game on plenty of occasions

if he develops consistency he'll be a monster in the NBA, that said he'll go anywhere between 10 and 20.

31562-118.jpg

5. DaJuan Summers, SF, Georgetown- he is having a breakout season this year as he's finally living up to his potential, his stock has soared as a result he went from a late first rounder to a lottery pick. has a smooth jumpshot and can handle the ball well,

with a strong tournament preformance he could go even higher on draft night, his game has him drawing comparisons to Rashard Lewis.

340x.jpg

6. Austin Dayne, SF/PF, Gonzaga- has a world of talent, but his stock has fell trmendously he was projected as a top-5 pick before the year but now he's projected around 15-25. has all the tools all thats missing is strenght he's really wek and gets pushed around easily. should saty another year and bulk up.

dayepic12_11-12-2007_I4C0AG5.jpg

7. Tyreke Evans, SG, Memphis- I really like this dudes game he has a great jumpshot and could handle the ball and is real athletic, he came in struggling and was shooting bad, and taking bad shots, and turning the ball over, then he was switched to the point and his numbers are flourishing his stock is on the rise again, with a strong showing in the NCAA tournament he could move into the top 10.

the tools are there just needs continued great coaching, perfect fit for the Knicks considering we have no SG, and im calling it now he's gonna be a more athletic Joe Johnson.

340x.jpg

8. Evan Turner, SG, Ohio State- having a breakout year. he's your typical wing player, he could handle the ball, shoot with range, and guard multiple postions on the court. and has shown leadership qualities on both ends of the floor.

doesn't have superstar potential, but he will definetly suprise people, most boards have him going in the late first round but i think he's better then that.

evan-turner.jpg

9. Chase Budinger, SF, Arizona- great size(no homo), great hops, and could knock down the deep range shot with consistency. average lateral movement and not-so-good defense.

don't think he'll be a star at the next level but he will be one of those important starters on at winning team. mid-to-late first round.

prospect_2008_budinger_01_292.jpg

10. Damion James, SF, Texas- he used his great strenght and hustle to make up for his lack of outside game. he has consistently improved his outside game and ballhandling every year.

Scouts are sharply divided on his NBA prospects. A few have him as a potential mid-first-rounder, but most have him on the first-round bubble.

damionjames-746216.jpg

Top Bigmen

1. Blake Griffin, PF, Oklahoma- widely considered the no.1 pick, and few could argue with that, excellent atleticism and toughness and an NBA ready body. and his offensive game has improved to the point where it's virtually unstoppable.

Look for him to continue to improve and wont take him long to become dominate at the next level.

blake-grif.jpg

2. Greg Monroe, PF/C, Georgetown- on pure talent and potential Monroe is the best in the draft, his combination of size and skill is rare. The key difference between Monroe and Griffin is production vs. potential. Giffin dominates almost every night while Monroe is still learning to do just that.

hard for him to catch Griffin for the no.1 pick, it's still hard for him to drop out the top-3, that said it's unlikely we get him......

340x.jpg

3. Hashim Thabeet, C, Uconn- This dude is 7-3 so thats in itself will get him in the lottery, on top of that theres potential he's a dominate C and gets plenty of blocks and rebounds inside he's a force to be reckoned with.

Offensively, he has a ways to go, it's quietly improved every year, but in the NBA he should have no problems getting rebs. or blocks.

hasheem-thabeet-ncaa-connecticut-400a-110606.jpg

4. Jordan Hill, PF, Arizona- i love his game, great combo of hustle speed, offense and defense, real athletic and gets rebounds by the bunches.

needs a little more muscle on him(no homo) so that he'll really dominate. He'll go anywhere between 5-10 in the draft

osuend.JPG

5. B.J Mullens, C, Ohio State- he has the size and potential to be dominate in the NBA but he is nowhere near ready. he just started putting up decent numbers, still needs to add muscle and IQ

he souldn't enter the draft but if he does he'll go anywhere from late lottery to 25th.

112908mbb06.jpg

6. Cole Aldrich, C, Kansas- he's a beter offensive player then Mullens and Thabeet, has a great repitoua in the paint, he's also dead-on from 18 ft. good passer and rebounder, and has average speed.

should be 15-20 lock in the draft, i see him as a Zydrunas Illguskas.

PH2008040602279.jpg

7. Jerome Jordan, C, Tulsa- Solid shot blocker and rebounder, has good size and athleticism for a big man.

doesn't look like a superstar but could go mid-to-late first round. i see him as a Dalembert.

1228781274.jpg

8. Gani Lawal, PF, Georgia Tech- offense has slowed down a bit, Defensively he's an impressive prospect as he's become a good rebounder and shot-blocker.

mid-first round.

340x.jpg

9. Tyler Hansbrough, PF, UNC- one of the best college players in the country but will his game translate to the pros? he's under sized and lacks athleticism makes up for it with energy and hustle and toughness, but may not be enough to get him over the top.

late-first rounder.

tylerdunk2.jpg

10. DeJuan Blair- PF, Pitt- he's on fire lately lacks ideal size for your average 4 player, but is tough has great rebounding skills, long arms soft hands(no homo) that makes up for alot of his shortcomings.

potential first rounder.

pittsburgh-basketball.jpg

just wanted to post it on the new page so you guys dont have to switch between pages

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Great update, Prince. Nicely done. Derozan is looking more and more like our pic. But those averages not being impressive is somewhat alarming. Hopefully he has a strong finish and shows more of that ability he has.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im not thinking too much of his averages, Mayo didn't have that good of a year last year either his percentages were in the toilet and he's having a good year this year his assists and rebs are up......i think it's in the coach, and who better to get the best out of players then D'Antoni...besides he's already said he's leaving college after this year and he never wanted to go he wanted to go straight to the NBA so maybe he's coasting through, who knows?..DeRozan is gonna be a huge star in this league.....i have a feeling we get him.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
are yall people on here serious?

does anyone here follow college ball. blake griffin is a beast and will be the next top big man at the next level.

hes clearly the best player in college basketball and if the draft started now i doubt any gm would take anyone over him. rubio over blake? are yall serious?:barf:

dave2138

Rotation player

does anyone here follow college ball. blake griffin is a beast and will be the next top big man at the next level.

hes clearly the best player in college basketball and if the draft started now i doubt any gm would take anyone over him. rubio over blake? are yall serious?:barf:

If Griffin fell to the Knicks pick, he'd have to have broken his leg or something..He is the obvious #1 pick..For the knicks I think datprince has me sold on Derozan, and he is a realistic option that will fall to the #10-15 pick that we will get.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
im not thinking too much of his averages, Mayo didn't have that good of a year last year either his percentages were in the toilet and he's having a good year this year his assists and rebs are up......i think it's in the coach, and who better to get the best out of players then D'Antoni...besides he's already said he's leaving college after this year and he never wanted to go he wanted to go straight to the NBA so maybe he's coasting through, who knows?..DeRozan is gonna be a huge star in this league.....i have a feeling we get him.

I hope you're right about the coasting part. He still shouldn't take competition lightly.

Just so you know, mayo did pretty good last year. He was averaging 20 ppg, 3 rpg, and 4.5 apg...

you're right.what where we thinking.clearly we've got the first pick.so yeah.what you said.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I hope you're right about the coasting part. He still shouldn't take competition lightly.

Just so you know, mayo did pretty good last year. He was averaging 20 ppg, 3 rpg, and 4.5 apg...

me too man, but Mayo is way better now then he was in college, his shooting percentages were shit in college.

_______√ictory_______;85044 said:
i know this is some left field shit, but the name, he sounds like a star.
DeMar DeRozan.
translation,"from the sea, he rose":lol:

LMAO:teeth::teeth:, out of nowhere with that lmao

+rep

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
highly unlikely we get Thabeet unless we win the lottery( imagine that )

this is my opinion on how the knicks will fair on draft day

1st round pick- DeMar DeRozan, Sg

2nd round pick- Jerome Jordan, C

LeFlume

All Star
Thabeet for sure. It's not everyday you can get a 7'3" defensive force for nothing. I also like Pittsburgh's big fella. Johnny Flynn is a new Chris Paul in making. Their sophomore stats are pretty even and Big East 2009 is a tougher conf than ACC 2005. He can be a very special player in the future Mr Flynn.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Jonny Flynn is a beast in the NCAA he's tearing shit up, he's definetly an option to look at depending on where we pick.

what you guys think of Willie Warren he looks pretty good( no homo) and has upside. would you guys want him

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
If Griffin fell to the Knicks pick, he'd have to have broken his leg or something..He is the obvious #1 pick..For the knicks I think datprince has me sold on Derozan, and he is a realistic option that will fall to the #10-15 pick that we will get.
no one said we had the first pick dumb ass

obviously no one will know where will pick until the season is over.

the poll simply ask who should we take, being we dont know where well be picking it goes to best player available and who if we had our chose of any top athlete

and its crazy to me more people actually voted for rubio over blake. people cant seriously think hes a better option over blake.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Thabeet for sure. It's not everyday you can get a 7'3" defensive force for nothing. I also like Pittsburgh's big fella. Johnny Flynn is a new Chris Paul in making. Their sophomore stats are pretty even and Big East 2009 is a tougher conf than ACC 2005. He can be a very special player in the future Mr Flynn.

Thabeet kind of worries me b/c even thow he blocks alot of shots...PF's eat him alive.Im sure he will be a decent center in the NBA but not a shut down center.Plus I doubt he could keep up in our fast passed ofense.Thats just my opinion thow and I could be all wrong.

dave2138

Rotation player
no one said we had the first pick dumb ass

obviously no one will know where will pick until the season is over.

the poll simply ask who should we take, being we dont know where well be picking it goes to best player available and who if we had our chose of any top athlete

and its crazy to me more people actually voted for rubio over blake. people cant seriously think hes a better option over blake.

Nah you have to be realistic though. For the Knicks to have greater than 1% chance at Griffin they would have to lose every game until the end of the season.

So obviously that is not realistic, you should start thinking about picks in the #10-#15 range.

The thread simply says who should we(knicks) draft? So maybe you should read a little more carefully big boy.