I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

Who Should We Draft?

• Brandon Jennings

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Ricky Rubio

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demar DeRozan

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Tyreke Evans

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Blake Griffin

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
While i am a fan of Lawson, and would love him at the point, i also want Nate on this team, but i think that what we have to pay him would be starter money. So if we keep him, he may have to start. Just a thought.

dave2138

Rotation player
Knicks don't have a 2nd round pick this year.

How about Gerald Henderson from Duke? You have to like his defensive potential and ability to make his own shot and get to the free throw line. Maybe the most explosive and athletic player in this draft after Derozan.

alphad0gz

Rookie
Athleticism is WAY overrated

Basketball skills are what counts. See Gerald Green. Henderson is OK but he is the typical overrated Duke player. He'll be a good role player. We need more. Just find a way to get Rubio without giving up Gallo and Chandler and we'll be fine regardless of who we get or don't get in '10.

dave2138

Rotation player
I don't understand when you guys say find a way to get Rubio without giving up anything good..What exactly does that mean? Why would a team trade Rubio for anything less than Chandler and/or Gallinari + a couple of 1st round picks?

Getting Rubio should never be an option for the team unless they win the lottery.

dave2138

Rotation player
nah John Wall is not eligible. Even though it took him 5 years in high school, the rule is you must be 19 and a year out of high school. He is neither. Even if he was available, I think he would be the #1 or #2 pick, so Knicks would not get a shot either way.

JayJ44

Starter
Willie Warren, Greg Monroe officially not entering NBA draft

Blake Griffin may be gone, but Oklahoma freshman Willie Warren is planning on sticking around Norman for at least another year.
<style> .moreTeamsDiv { position:relative; float:right; padding-right:10px; } .moreTeamsHdr { background-image:url(/fe/img/Story/moreTeamsOn_header.gif); background-repeat:repeat-x; background-position:top; height:35px; color:#000000; font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; padding-top:4px; padding-left:4px; font-weight:bold; } .moreTeamsLinks a:link, .moreTeamsLinks a:visited { color:#1266a4; text-decoration:none; padding-top:4px; padding-left:4px; padding-right:4px; padding-bottom:4px; } .moreTeamsLinks a:hover { text-decoration:underline; } .moreTeamLinks { font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-decoration:none; } </style> <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">var pollWidth=250;</script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/js/lib/javascriptFlash/FSJavaScriptFlashGateway.js" language="JavaScript1.2"> <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"> var userStatus='vote'; // if this poll is the one for which they have answered, show results if (typeof(pollsVoted)!="undefined") { for (var i = 0; i < pollsVoted.length; i++) { if (pollsVoted == 9463046) { var userStatus = 'results'; break; } } } // has to have retry because hitbox code is defered. function hitBoxVote(m,p) { } var pollHeight = 0; if (pollHeight == 0) { pollHeight = Math.max(140 + (2 * 45) ); } var flashPollQuery='choices=2&questionId=433106&pollId=9463046&cUrl=&pgCode=null&categoryId=null&isNarrow=false&userStatus='+userStatus; var tag = new FSFlashTag("/id/8796869", 300, pollHeight); // movie path, last two arguments are width and height tag.setId('flashPoll'); tag.setFlashvars(flashPollQuery); tag.setWmode('transparent'); tag.setW</script>Warren confirmed the decision to FOXSports.com on Thursday afternoon.
"That's my decision," Warren said. "I'm staying."
The 6-foot-4 Warren, one of the most talented freshman in the country this past season, averaged 14.6 points and 3.1 assists.
With Griffin, the National Player of the Year, gone to the NBA, Warren will have an expanded role. The Sooners also lose senior starters Taylor Griffin — Blake's older brother — and point guard Austin Johnson.
However, Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel will bring in one of the nation's top classes — one that includes heralded point guard Tommy Mason-Griffin and talented big man Keith "Tiny" Gallon.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9463436/Freshman-standout-Warren-won%27t-enter-NBA-draft
WASHINGTON (AP) — Georgetown says Big East rookie of the year Greg Monroe is sticking around for his sophomore season.
Monroe is a 6-foot-10 center who was second on the Hoyas in scoring average at 12.7 and led the team in rebounding average at 6.5 as a freshman.
He also led the team in total blocks and was second in assists.
Georgetown was ranked as high as No. 9 in the AP Top 25 before losing 12 of its last 16 games to finish 16-15. The Hoyas lost to Baylor in the first round of the National Invitational Tournament.
Also Wednesday, Georgetown said sophomore guard Omar Wattad will transfer. He is the third Hoyas basketball player in the past two years to leave for another school.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hv2jInUNDSQcJd1N_Lw9mKf92beAD97J8CT80

The draft is looking weaker and weaker.

metrocard

Legend
I don't think this draft is that weak.

Monroe and Willie Warren returning is better for them...now with Summers gone, its Monroe's team. With Griffin gone, its Warren team. A good help for their confidence and more shot attempts = maturation of their skills. They'll be lottery picks in 2010.

This draft is solid.

Griffin - all star
Thabeet - back up C
Hill - back up PF
Clark - starting SF
Evans - starting SG
DeRozan - back up SG
Lawson - starting PG
Rubio - starting PG
Jennings - ???? hasn't proven anything in Europe, actually got exploited.
Harden - starting SG
Henderson - starting SG

A LOT OF WING PLAYERS in this draft..alot of guards...

Good draft if a team is weak @ SG/SF.

JayJ44

Starter
Problem is, we don't have a 1st round pick in 2010. I was hoping more prospects come out this year, since this will be our last lottery pick for awhile.

Monroe will probably go top 5 next year. Hopefully Donnie can pick up a 1st rounder next year.

metrocard

Legend
Problem is, we don't have a 1st round pick in 2010. I was hoping more prospects come out this year, since this will be our last lottery pick for awhile.

Monroe will probably go top 5 next year. Hopefully Donnie can pick up a 1st rounder next year.

Donnie really should look into buying picks...look at how well Portland did with buying picks...

dave2138

Rotation player
Moving down in the draft and get multiple picks could work out too. I know this is supposedly a weak draft, but I still see high some upside even in mid-late 1st round. Whatever gets more young talent on the team I'm in favor of.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't mind trading away D Lee and Robinson for picks. We still have wilcox, who I feel could be re-signed for cheap to replace Lee, and if we draft rubio or lawson, we have duhon to run back-up to replace nate.

I think Lee and Nate are almost at their peak, might as well as take risks on finding that next superstar.

I also think this is a good idea in case the 2010 plan for Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare etc. does not work out. We will at least be under cap to re-sign said superstar OR use that room to sign proven vets to surround our young talent.

Because lets be real, I seriously doubt Lee and Nate will be deciding factors in getting anyone to come to NY.

smokes

Huge Member
I wouldn't mind trading away D Lee and Robinson for picks. We still have wilcox, who I feel could be re-signed for cheap to replace Lee, and if we draft rubio or lawson, we have duhon to run back-up to replace nate.

I think Lee and Nate are almost at their peak, might as well as take risks on finding that next superstar.

I also think this is a good idea in case the 2010 plan for Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare etc. does not work out. We will at least be under cap to re-sign said superstar OR use that room to sign proven vets to surround our young talent.

Because lets be real, I seriously doubt Lee and Nate will be deciding factors in getting anyone to come to NY.

Yeah, trading them away for decent picks is not a bad idea. Honestly I'd trade anyone on this team except Chandler/Gallo for a lottery pick or to move to top 3.

I think Duhon would actually be one of the best backup PG's in the league, he is a decent passer, good at the pick n roll and can hit the open J. Don't need much more from a backup.

I like Wilcox too, preferably off the bench, if we were to get a proper paint presence.

i would not mind trading down a few picks and picking up another pick or a future pick....
we could trade down and pick still a really talented point guard in johnny flynn... flynn knows how to run a team... is athletic flourishes in a fast offense... can play d.... yes needs to work on the turnovers but that will change with experience i think...
also one major plus he is good friends with lebron which might help lure him in the future

think of grabbing a flynn and earl clark.... all of a sudden we are fast young and more appealing to lebron
if we put some pieces in motion lebron could be a real possibility... both lebron and wade loved playing for Dantoni and would not mind playing for him again... both want to play together.... lebron is friends with flynn

trade bait ... everyone

possibility for future
flynn
wade
lebron
clark

not bad no matter who your center is

metrocard

Legend
I think its retarded to have Lebron and Wade on the same team...both guys score in the same area...it would just cluster the offense and ball movement.

All you need is one superstar and an all star to compliment (Kobe to Gasol) (Dirk to Kidd) (Anthony to Billups) (Duncan to Parker) etc...

Clarker is a SF anyway...that team would suck balls are rebounding and post defense.

It seems people forget about weaknesses as a team.

GetRealistic

Starter
Not that it will every happen but if we had two players as talented as Wade and Lebron i have a feeling they'd figure out how to play together and how to excel.

ANU

Starter
LOL at DeRozan being a back up sg.that made me giggle.his ass don't even believe that shit.smh at the ****ing children on this forum.