I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

Who Should We Draft?

• Brandon Jennings

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Ricky Rubio

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demar DeRozan

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Tyreke Evans

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Blake Griffin

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters
Stephen Curry cannot play at the next level.

Agree 100%

I'd rather have Soph. Nick Calathus out of Fla. The kid has a great stroke and great Court Vision as well as Good Size at around 6'5"- 6'6", I still think we'll be picking between 15-20 so a lot of the player's we really need will be off the board all-ready. Stephon Curry will not translate well into the NBA simply because he's 6 foot nothing and a SG trapped in a Small PG's body. Totaly agree with you on the "Center" part though, to bad Griffen,Thabeet, and Monroe will be gone way before we pick :bitch:

What do you think of Nick?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i agree Victory Jennings is going to be a big star in the NBA and i hope he becomes a Knicks dude could score in bunches and is a Devin Harris type play with better passing skills.......

and OKG Nick is a good player but it's still too early to tell how he'll be in the NBA i honestly think he should wait till the 2010 draft to declare.....

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
he's better now then he was at the start of the season, he's starting to be more aggressive after just trying to fit in in the beginning and its paying off....if he's available when we draft we HAVE to take him he's a mix of Kobe/Carter he could be a big time player in this league....unless of course Monroe is available then he's our guy

* ima make an update soon

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
NCAA Update

I haven't had the time to do an update in a while but im back at it

the season is wearing on and the NCAA Tournament is just around the corner, which mean the pre-draft workouts and the actual draft is rapidly approaching

I've decided to take a different approach in the updates leading up to the NCAA Tournament, every updates ill look at the different positions and the players who are rising and falling at these positions then ill have a big update looking at underdogs and players to look out for (X actors) and sleepers in the update before the Tournament

to start things off were gonna look at :

THE POINT GUARDS

nba_g_rubio_576.jpg

1. Ricky Rubio, PG, Spain- Rubio is only 18 and yet he's a starter on one of the best teams in Europe - thanks to him and he's played on the silver winning spanish teams in this past olympics, his solid game vs the eventual champions USA convinced scouts that although he's young he's the real deal, an injury to his wrist kept him out for the seasons first month-although its limited him offensivly it's help him in the other aspects, his assits have skyrocketed as he's adjusted well to his injury, recording 12 assists in his most recent outing.

theres been some speculation as to whether he'll enter this years draft or wait for 2010 and enter then, there have been reports that he'll enter this years draft if he's a top-3 pick, and given his skills, potential, and the demand for point gaurds thi year, its safe to say he'll hear his name called this summer

2. Brandon Jennings, PG, Italy- it was a bold move for Jennings to skip going to college and play in Europe instead, although it hasnt payed off like he'd thought, yet. I think he did a great move by skipping college and turning pro(second best level of basketball to the NBA) the competition is better then College and so he'll get real experience that will help him when he translates his game to the NBA. His production has improved in recent weeks, i thinks its because he's gotten a grip of the european game, he's still shaky but theres no questioning his skills, talent , work ethic and potential, this dude has the makings of a sick NBA player, remember you heard it here...

at times he looked like a top-5 lock and others he looked like a mid first rounder but, workouts will be instrumental to where he ultimetly gets drafted. look out for this dude

3. Jrue Holiday, PG, UCLA- He hasnt been playing point much this season thanks to Darren Collison, but Russel Westbrook didnt play the Point much last year either and he's the starter at the position for the thunder

His game isn't flashy but he get it done, with his athleticism Basketball IQ and brings it on defense every single single game, after a slow start this year he's picked it up and look out for him to climb the draft boards leading up to the draft

610x.jpg

4. Stephen Curry, PG, Davidson- Is he a undersized SG, or doesnt have the refined skills to be a successful PG? thats the major question surrounding this dude, he's not athletic enough, not explosive enough...blah, blah, blah..look at the stats then say he isnt explosive enough or doesn't posses the skills to be a successful PG at the next level the dude is averaging 6.6 assists a game thats good for someone who isnt a PG.

Redardless of the questions around this dude he'll a lock for the top-10 maybe even top 5 he'll quiet his critics like he's been doing so far this season and look for that to carry over into the NBA
080328-stephen-curry-vmed-7p.widec.jpg

5. Willie Warren, PG, Oklahoma- he's raised the bar his year and has been a plesant suprise to this point in the season, i for one didnt expect him to be this good, he's risen to become one of the best PG's in the nation, yes the nation. Another PG with true postion questions surrounding him, but he has the size to play 1-or-2 in the NBA

Depending on how far Oklahoma goes in the tourney he could move into the lottery.

610x.jpg

6. Jonny Flynn, PG, Syracuse- with his toughness and fearlessness has scouts talking amongst each other about this dude, and along with his explosiveness and athleticism this dude is the real deal he's in a little slump recently but he'll come out of it soon, earlier in the year there was talk he was a lottery pick, then his slump changed that, but no worries at seasons end he'll be right back in the lottery discussion

smb_071112_dn_jonnyflynn.jpg

7. Jeff Teague, PG, Wake Forest- Teague is the fastest and quietest rising player in the draft his play has been excepional and his stats match up with the best, but he doesn't get much love(no homo). He's averaging 30 points over his last 3 games and has shown he could score by the bunches he could do it all kncking down the 3 then taking it to the basket

He's shown he could score but questions surround his passing game, i honestly think its fine, needs some work obviously, but doesnt everyone?...if he keeps it up he'll keep rising the draft boards.

340x.jpg

8. Ty Lawson, PG, UNC- this guy is up-and-down more then roller coasters one week theres talk of him in the lottery the next he's on the 1st round bubble, so far he's been great, he's improved his outside shooting and his assist-to-turnover ratio is off the charts, but after getting owned by Teague in a loss to Wake Forset you could see why his stock is up-and-down

it will take a strong showing in the NCAA Tournment to solidify his stance in the lottery something he hasn't done in the past...as of now he's a mid-to-late first rounder, after the tourny he'll be a lock for the lottery hi improvment make it hard for him not to
ty-lawson-predraft.jpg

9. Patrick Mills, PG, St.Marys(Cali)- Mills is still riding his impressive play from the olymipics and it's carried over to the NCAA season he has a nice mix of playing point gaurd and getting his own shot, ut they aren't all that, with his assist-to-turnover ratio and shooting percentages taking a hit recently its hurt his stock

as it stands now he's on the first-round bubble, and thats likely where he'll get drafted.

stmaryx.jpg

10. Darren Collison, PG, UCLA- For the second year in a row an NBA team is gonna draft Colisons backup before him, but that hasnt stopped him from producing at the PG postion.

He's improved his shooting stroke and terrific defense and speed help, but his small stature(no homo) and shaky floor leadership have him at the bubble.

ucla-collison_-darren-7833.jpg

next update:
Shooting Guards

dave2138

Rotation player
Just curious if this makes any sense..When the season is done and say the knicks wind up with the 11th pick. - Would it make any sense to trade that pick to Oklahoma for the 2 picks they received from Denver/San Antonio. If those picks drop to around 20 - 26? With the goal being to increase the youth and depth of the team come 2010+ when probably only 1 of Lee/Robertson + Chandler + Gallinari + Duhon is on the team

Maybe do both draft a guard and a center..2010 lineup would then look like

Duhon
FA #1
Chandler
Lee
FA #2

Bench
Gallinari - SG/SF
Draft pick 1 - PF/C
Draft pick 2 - pg/sg

I have absolutely no idea how deep the draft is or who to draft, but I'm sure talent will be there.

dave2138

Rotation player
I haven't had the time to do an update in a while but im back at it

the season is wearing on and the NCAA Tournament is just around the corner, which mean the pre-draft workouts and the actual draft is rapidly approaching

I've decided to take a different approach in the updates leading up to the NCAA Tournament, every updates ill look at the different positions and the players who are rising and falling at these positions then ill have a big update looking at underdogs and players to look out for (X actors) and sleepers in the update before the Tournament

to start things off were gonna look at :

THE POINT GUARDS

nba_g_rubio_576.jpg

1. Ricky Rubio, PG, Spain- Rubio is only 18 and yet he's a starter on one of the best teams in Europe - thanks to him and he's played on the silver winning spanish teams in this past olympics, his solid game vs the eventual champions USA convinced scouts that although he's young he's the real deal, an injury to his wrist kept him out for the seasons first month-although its limited him offensivly it's help him in the other aspects, his assits have skyrocketed as he's adjusted well to his injury, recording 12 assists in his most recent outing.

theres been some speculation as to whether he'll enter this years draft or wait for 2010 and enter then, there have been reports that he'll enter this years draft if he's a top-3 pick, and given his skills, potential, and the demand for point gaurds thi year, its safe to say he'll hear his name called this summer

2. Brandon Jennings, PG, Italy- it was a bold move for Jennings to skip going to college and play in Europe instead, although it hasnt payed off like he'd thought, yet. I think he did a great move by skipping college and turning pro(second best level of basketball to the NBA) the competition is better then College and so he'll get real experience that will help him when he translates his game to the NBA. His production has improved in recent weeks, i thinks its because he's gotten a grip of the european game, he's still shaky but theres no questioning his skills, talent , work ethic and potential, this dude has the makings of a sick NBA player, remember you heard it here...

at times he looked like a top-5 lock and others he looked like a mid first rounder but, workouts will be instrumental to where he ultimetly gets drafted. look out for this dude

3. Jrue Holiday, PG, UCLA- He hasnt been playing point much this season thanks to Darren Collison, but Russel Westbrook didnt play the Point much last year either and he's the starter at the position for the thunder

His game isn't flashy but he get it done, with his athleticism Basketball IQ and brings it on defense every single single game, after a slow start this year he's picked it up and look out for him to climb the draft boards leading up to the draft

610x.jpg

4. Stephen Curry, PG, Davidson- Is he a undersized SG, or doesnt have the refined skills to be a successful PG? thats the major question surrounding this dude, he's not athletic enough, not explosive enough...blah, blah, blah..look at the stats then say he isnt explosive enough or doesn't posses the skills to be a successful PG at the next level the dude is averaging 6.6 assists a game thats good for someone who isnt a PG.

Redardless of the questions around this dude he'll a lock for the top-10 maybe even top 5 he'll quiet his critics like he's been doing so far this season and look for that to carry over into the NBA
080328-stephen-curry-vmed-7p.widec.jpg

5. Willie Warren, PG, Oklahoma- he's raised the bar his year and has been a plesant suprise to this point in the season, i for one didnt expect him to be this good, he's risen to become one of the best PG's in the nation, yes the nation. Another PG with true postion questions surrounding him, but he has the size to play 1-or-2 in the NBA

Depending on how far Oklahoma goes in the tourney he could move into the lottery.

610x.jpg

6. Jonny Flynn, PG, Syracuse- with his toughness and fearlessness has scouts talking amongst each other about this dude, and along with his explosiveness and athleticism this dude is the real deal he's in a little slump recently but he'll come out of it soon, earlier in the year there was talk he was a lottery pick, then his slump changed that, but no worries at seasons end he'll be right back in the lottery discussion

smb_071112_dn_jonnyflynn.jpg

7. Jeff Teague, PG, Wake Forest- Teague is the fastest and quietest rising player in the draft his play has been excepional and his stats match up with the best, but he doesn't get much love(no homo). He's averaging 30 points over his last 3 games and has shown he could score by the bunches he could do it all kncking down the 3 then taking it to the basket

He's shown he could score but questions surround his passing game, i honestly think its fine, needs some work obviously, but doesnt everyone?...if he keeps it up he'll keep rising the draft boards.

340x.jpg

8. Ty Lawson, PG, UNC- this guy is up-and-down more then roller coasters one week theres talk of him in the lottery the next he's on the 1st round bubble, so far he's been great, he's improved his outside shooting and his assist-to-turnover ratio is off the charts, but after getting owned by Teague in a loss to Wake Forset you could see why his stock is up-and-down

it will take a strong showing in the NCAA Tournment to solidify his stance in the lottery something he hasn't done in the past...as of now he's a mid-to-late first rounder, after the tourny he'll be a lock for the lottery hi improvment make it hard for him not to
ty-lawson-predraft.jpg

9. Patrick Mills, PG, St.Marys(Cali)- Mills is still riding his impressive play from the olymipics and it's carried over to the NCAA season he has a nice mix of playing point gaurd and getting his own shot, ut they aren't all that, with his assist-to-turnover ratio and shooting percentages taking a hit recently its hurt his stock

as it stands now he's on the first-round bubble, and thats likely where he'll get drafted.

stmaryx.jpg

10. Darren Collison, PG, UCLA- For the second year in a row an NBA team is gonna draft Colisons backup before him, but that hasnt stopped him from producing at the PG postion.

He's improved his shooting stroke and terrific defense and speed help, but his small stature(no homo) and shaky floor leadership have him at the bubble.

ucla-collison_-darren-7833.jpg

next update:
Shooting Guards

Just want to make sure people don't miss this being the last post on the previous page...Looks like a very informative post.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
thanks metro

and dave as for your first post on this page, i would rather have our pick instead of the thuders mid 20's picks, this draft isn't as deep as last years so if you want some serious talent then you'd best stay in the lottery i think a Brandon Jennings or Greg Monroe will help us out much more then 2 decent prospects we have the good youth now we just need a superstar to bring it all together, forget the 2010 FA for now we need a young superstar to attract the FA in 2010

there will be a few steals like there is every year but to be on the safe side stay in the lottery

Jrue Holiday is gonna be a beast keep an eye on him

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
no way he's a SG he's a good all round player and could handle the ball but make no mistake he's a SG....i see him being Brandon Roy loll

i need to do the SG's update im just too busy ill get to it though.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
NO WAY, when we have a solid pg, who can do the basic things very well, should we waste our pick on Ricky Rubio, or any other point guard. We just need a good back up, to relieve Duhon. Our picks should be reserved for big men, who can rebound and block shots, which is why I we should have drafted Brook Lopez over Gallinari.

As for Ricky Rubio and the olympic basketball final, his turnovers and poor play were a big reason why Spain lost, they really, really missed Calderon (who was injured), which, IMO, is one of the best penetrating point guards in the league, his driving ability is similar to Nash or Parker. The Spanish team had a chance because of Rudy Fernandez, and his late game heroics. Gasol also contributed, though most of his impact was early in the game.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
NO WAY, when we have a solid pg, who can do the basic things very well, should we waste our pick on Ricky Rubio, or any other point guard. We just need a good back up, to relieve Duhon. Our picks should be reserved for big men, who can rebound and block shots, which is why I we should have drafted Brook Lopez over Gallinari.

As for Ricky Rubio and the olympic basketball final, his turnovers and poor play were a big reason why Spain lost, they really, really missed Calderon (who was injured), which, IMO, is one of the best penetrating point guards in the league, his driving ability is similar to Nash or Parker. The Spanish team had a chance because of Rudy Fernandez, and his late game heroics. Gasol also contributed, though most of his impact was early in the game.

I dont think the knicks will have a high enough pick to take rubio or any player in the top 5 , so I agree we should take a big that can rebound and block shots.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i agree OGKnick if we have the opportunity to take Rubio or Jennings we take it if not its a waste of a Pick for a PG. i would take Monroe over them though and if we make the playoffs as we are expected to then we have the 15 pick

we have 2 major needs SG and C

there will be

SG's:

Dajuan Summers
Tyreke Evans
Terrence Williams
Earl Clark
Evan Turner

C's:
B.J Mullens(if he develops he'll be beast)
Cole Aldrich.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
NCAA Update 2/17

* i know i haven't done this in a while, i been real busy but this a 2-for-1 update ill update you guys on the best wing players to look out for and the big men.*

Top 10 Wingmen

nba_u_harden_576.jpg

1. James Harden, SG, Arizona State- When I watched Harden play he really didn't jump out at me, he's a little undersized and isn't the most athletic/explosive guy out there. And there wasn't anything flashy about his game. Bu when i saw the box-score i saw he had like 25 points, 6 rebs, 4 asts. his presence was felt, and he left a mark on the game, he's a top-class scorer and does all the other stuff

He's a scorer with NBA ready strenght and high basketbal IQ, doesn't have the best upside but he'll be a real good player at the next level. Top 5 lock

2. DeMar DeRozan, SG, USC- DeRozan is very similar to Harden with plenty of differences he's freakishly athletic has an NBA ready body and a swagger about him that is reminicent of a young Kobe. which makes you wonder why are his numbers average? maybe he's coasting through college till he gets to the next level? who knows.

He lacks aggresivness, and his play has improved in recent weeks, he's still a top 10 lock which has him falling right into our hands at no.10.

demar1119.jpg

3. Al-Farouq Aminu, SF/PF, Wake Forest- What position will he play in the NBA? he has the size of a 3 and the wingspan of a C. Flies down the court and has tremendous leaping ablilities.

needs work on his perimeter game and needs to improve his basketball IQ, lottery pick easily.

340x.jpg

4. Earl Clark, SG/SF, Louisville- Has an incredible repitoua- he is long(no homo) and athletic and could play multiple positions on both ends of the court-and has dominated the game on plenty of occasions

if he develops consistency he'll be a monster in the NBA, that said he'll go anywhere between 10 and 20.

31562-118.jpg

5. DaJuan Summers, SF, Georgetown- he is having a breakout season this year as he's finally living up to his potential, his stock has soared as a result he went from a late first rounder to a lottery pick. has a smooth jumpshot and can handle the ball well,

with a strong tournament preformance he could go even higher on draft night, his game has him drawing comparisons to Rashard Lewis.

340x.jpg

6. Austin Dayne, SF/PF, Gonzaga- has a world of talent, but his stock has fell trmendously he was projected as a top-5 pick before the year but now he's projected around 15-25. has all the tools all thats missing is strenght he's really wek and gets pushed around easily. should saty another year and bulk up.

dayepic12_11-12-2007_I4C0AG5.jpg

7. Tyreke Evans, SG, Memphis- I really like this dudes game he has a great jumpshot and could handle the ball and is real athletic, he came in struggling and was shooting bad, and taking bad shots, and turning the ball over, then he was switched to the point and his numbers are flourishing his stock is on the rise again, with a strong showing in the NCAA tournament he could move into the top 10.

the tools are there just needs continued great coaching, perfect fit for the Knicks considering we have no SG, and im calling it now he's gonna be a more athletic Joe Johnson.

340x.jpg

8. Evan Turner, SG, Ohio State- having a breakout year. he's your typical wing player, he could handle the ball, shoot with range, and guard multiple postions on the court. and has shown leadership qualities on both ends of the floor.

doesn't have superstar potential, but he will definetly suprise people, most boards have him going in the late first round but i think he's better then that.

evan-turner.jpg

9. Chase Budinger, SF, Arizona- great size(no homo), great hops, and could knock down the deep range shot with consistency. average lateral movement and not-so-good defense.

don't think he'll be a star at the next level but he will be one of those important starters on at winning team. mid-to-late first round.

prospect_2008_budinger_01_292.jpg

10. Damion James, SF, Texas- he used his great strenght and hustle to make up for his lack of outside game. he has consistently improved his outside game and ballhandling every year.

Scouts are sharply divided on his NBA prospects. A few have him as a potential mid-first-rounder, but most have him on the first-round bubble.

damionjames-746216.jpg

Top Bigmen

1. Blake Griffin, PF, Oklahoma- widely considered the no.1 pick, and few could argue with that, excellent atleticism and toughness and an NBA ready body. and his offensive game has improved to the point where it's virtually unstoppable.

Look for him to continue to improve and wont take him long to become dominate at the next level.

blake-grif.jpg

2. Greg Monroe, PF/C, Georgetown- on pure talent and potential Monroe is the best in the draft, his combination of size and skill is rare. The key difference between Monroe and Griffin is production vs. potential. Giffin dominates almost every night while Monroe is still learning to do just that.

hard for him to catch Griffin for the no.1 pick, it's still hard for him to drop out the top-3, that said it's unlikely we get him......

340x.jpg

3. Hashim Thabeet, C, Uconn- This dude is 7-3 so thats in itself will get him in the lottery, on top of that theres potential he's a dominate C and gets plenty of blocks and rebounds inside he's a force to be reckoned with.

Offensively, he has a ways to go, it's quietly improved every year, but in the NBA he should have no problems getting rebs. or blocks.

hasheem-thabeet-ncaa-connecticut-400a-110606.jpg

4. Jordan Hill, PF, Arizona- i love his game, great combo of hustle speed, offense and defense, real athletic and gets rebounds by the bunches.

needs a little more muscle on him(no homo) so that he'll really dominate. He'll go anywhere between 5-10 in the draft

osuend.JPG

5. B.J Mullens, C, Ohio State- he has the size and potential to be dominate in the NBA but he is nowhere near ready. he just started putting up decent numbers, still needs to add muscle and IQ

he souldn't enter the draft but if he does he'll go anywhere from late lottery to 25th.

112908mbb06.jpg

6. Cole Aldrich, C, Kansas- he's a beter offensive player then Mullens and Thabeet, has a great repitoua in the paint, he's also dead-on from 18 ft. good passer and rebounder, and has average speed.

should be 15-20 lock in the draft, i see him as a Zydrunas Illguskas.

PH2008040602279.jpg

7. Jerome Jordan, C, Tulsa- Solid shot blocker and rebounder, has good size and athleticism for a big man.

doesn't look like a superstar but could go mid-to-late first round. i see him as a Dalembert.

1228781274.jpg

8. Gani Lawal, PF, Georgia Tech- offense has slowed down a bit, Defensively he's an impressive prospect as he's become a good rebounder and shot-blocker.

mid-first round.

340x.jpg

9. Tyler Hansbrough, PF, UNC- one of the best college players in the country but will his game translate to the pros? he's under sized and lacks athleticism makes up for it with energy and hustle and toughness, but may not be enough to get him over the top.

late-first rounder.

tylerdunk2.jpg

10. DeJuan Blair- PF, Pitt- he's on fire lately lacks ideal size for your average 4 player, but is tough has great rebounding skills, long arms soft hands(no homo) that makes up for alot of his shortcomings.

potential first rounder.

pittsburgh-basketball.jpg

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea dude had like 5 points and 4 rebs and fouled out........Blair is a monster we should pick him up in round 2 or if we lucky jerome Jordan will be available for our second pick.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
judging by where were gonna pick(as of now 10th)

i want:

1. DeMar DeRozan
2. Tyreke Evans
3. Stephen Curry
4. Earl Clark.

second round we draft center.

smokes

Huge Member
Really really nice work Datprince, crazy useful for people like me that can't watch college games regularly.

+rep for you!:thumbsup: