D'Antoni Benched Marbury because...

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
Ive been a marbury fan my whole life, and i accept if you wanna insult me for being a starbarian or whatever the hell you cats call it, but in reality i feel like there is more going on behind the scenes, the knicks remind me of politicians, cause they will look you in the face and tell you what u wanna hear but we just know theres so much going on in the background.....i just want to see him play in some form even for another team, they talk about developing gallo, i dont know the developmental league rules, why dont we send him down there for some PT experience, and pick spurts in the nba games where we can go small at times against certain opponents and get marbury 20 minutes, i watched all preseason him and duhon worked well together. Not only could we use him for the offense, he seems to be one of our top 2 defenders, despite his size, he does really well against ray allen like players, and has good balance and posistion to defend their post up games aka lebron and wades and mello's of the world. i know this sounds like a tribute, but i dont care, im sorry i watched preseason hes in great shape, his attitude is better for what we fans can see, and i just thing were wasting an assest. maybe its just me i like him wearing #3 rather than a nice suit.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Ive been a marbury fan my whole life, and i accept if you wanna insult me for being a starbarian or whatever the hell you cats call it, but in reality i feel like there is more going on behind the scenes, the knicks remind me of politicians, cause they will look you in the face and tell you what u wanna hear but we just know theres so much going on in the background.....i just want to see him play in some form even for another team, they talk about developing gallo, i dont know the developmental league rules, why dont we send him down there for some PT experience, and pick spurts in the nba games where we can go small at times against certain opponents and get marbury 20 minutes, i watched all preseason him and duhon worked well together. Not only could we use him for the offense, he seems to be one of our top 2 defenders, despite his size, he does really well against ray allen like players, and has good balance and posistion to defend their post up games aka lebron and wades and mello's of the world. i know this sounds like a tribute, but i dont care, im sorry i watched preseason hes in great shape, his attitude is better for what we fans can see, and i just thing were wasting an assest. maybe its just me i like him wearing #3 rather than a nice suit.

Great post my fellow starburian. Starbury made duhorn a better player in preseason, he almost made eddy curry an all star 2 years ago. And hes capable of doing a much better job defending shooting guards then crawford is.

pat

Starter
Think of all of the coaches that Mebury has either gotten fired or feuded with. I think it's been all of them. Now a coach is sticking it to him. Payback's a bitch...aint it.

True that. As far as I am concerned he could clean out MSG toilets for his 21 million $ in order to be of some use.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
...he almost made eddy curry an all star 2 years ago.

How did Mebury almost make Curry into an all-star? By those telegraphed passes into the post? He could barely make a decent pass into the post without it being stolen. Isiah's system of force feeding Curry the ball gave Curry the 19ppg and 7rbs per game, not Mebury. He had a great year that year, and I became a Mebury fan because of it, but it's posts like that that make Mebury lovers lose all credibility. You guys believe he deserves 100% of the credit for everything good and 0% of the blame for anything bad.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
D'Antoni benched Marbury because he's a ****in idiot!...he still thinks that he'll trade Marbury like he did in Pheonix and another Steve Nash will break out like Nash did, only to realize that Duhorn/ Collins is nowhere near Nash as a point gaurd basketball player. D'Antoni pissed me off with this benching its pointless and is ****ing retarded. Hope he gets chased home by a bunch of knick fans chanting WE WANT MARBURY!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Having Marbs inactive makes no sense at all! He's not hurt or out of shape and has caused no problems since new management arrived. D'Antoni won't even play him limited minutes. At least bring him into games when Collins and Duhon are not contributing anything. This move doesn't appear to be what's best for the organization right now because the more they lose and get blown out, the more stupid his benching will look.

I have a strong feeling that management has decided to go for a top 5 draft pick this year as part of the rebuilding and then try to scoop up Lebron in 2010. They don't care about wins at this point.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I don't get this either as I've stated before in other threads. I understand benching Curry, he didn't show up for preseason in shape and hasn't practiced well. Marbury on the other hand did show up in shape and willing to do what the coaching staff asked of him from what I understand.

If you're standing out in practice, putting in the hard work, improving, or being consistent, you should be playing in games... it's as simple as that!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I don't get this either as I've stated before in other threads. I understand benching Curry, he didn't show up for preseason in shape and hasn't practiced well. Marbury on the other hand did show up in shape and willing to do what the coaching staff asked of him from what I understand.

If you're standing out in practice, putting in the hard work, improving, or being consistent, you should be playing in games... it's as simple as that!

thats what we would think thats definetly the definition of someone who should be coming off the bench let alone start!, D'Antoni is still having wet dreams about Nash i hope he wakes up smells the ****in coffee that he doesn't have Nash and play our best player already

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I want to start by saying I'm no Marbury fan. I think that in this situation though, Marbury is getting a raw deal. The Knicks are hedging their bets. They don't want tohim to go to the Heat (He rumored to be heading there) or to the Celts for a reunion with Garnett. If the Knicks want to treat Marbury like he has no value, do the honorable thing an give him his unconditional release. It's ridiculously unfair. D'Antoni had a PG in Phoenix in Nash that hasn't strung together 15 good defensive minutes in his NBA career. Now these things matter to D'Antoni? He asked this team to pick Gallinari at 6, with a more NBA ready Wilson Chandler on the roster. D'Antoni is a hypocrite. He wants to waste a season in Marbury's career, just so he doesn't take the heat of not utilizing the best roster he can. Grow up Mr.D'Antoni! If Marbury can be effective somewhere, have the decency to allow him to do so. Walsh and D'Anfoni shoud be ashamed. For two guys that don't want anything to do with Marbury, I don't see why they don't pull the plug. Oh wait! I know, someone (D'Anfoni & Walsh) know they're wrong. They just want Marbury to go somewhere and prove such.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Patrick Ewing Jr., at the Garden last night to watch the Knicks, admitted he was monitoring the Marbury situation. If the Knicks waive Marbury, they likely would re-sign Ewing Jr., the team's final cut. Ewing still is mulling his European opportunities and Developmental League options. "If something happens and they want me back, yeah, but I'm not banking on it," Ewing said. Ewing said he has had no contact from Walsh, however.

what do u all think about that in the ny post

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
How did Mebury almost make Curry into an all-star? By those telegraphed passes into the post? He could barely make a decent pass into the post without it being stolen. Isiah's system of force feeding Curry the ball gave Curry the 19ppg and 7rbs per game, not Mebury. He had a great year that year, and I became a Mebury fan because of it, but it's posts like that that make Mebury lovers lose all credibility. You guys believe he deserves 100% of the credit for everything good and 0% of the blame for anything bad.

If you watched the knicks marbury and curry had good chemistry that year. Who on the Knicks didnt make bad passes to curry? And dont say crawford. I realize he had his share of nice highlight passes but he had alotta his passes get picked off too. And turnovers that year for marbury overall were not bad (2.7 in 37.1mpg).

Smh @ haterburys continuing to make stuff up about marbury. Getreal got caught the other day.

Why even disagree with me? I realize my superior posts frustrate you and bother your emotions. Next time save me and you time.

My original statement "marbury almost made curry an all star in 2006-07" is on point and like a pass from starbury. Curry almost made the all star team, gettin beat out by dwight howard. Dont ever question my credentials again. Its your credentials that should be questioned.

I dont give marbury any more credit then he deserves. For the most part his behavior has improved since 2006 after larry brown left. Haterburys continue to bring up how he "left the team" even after i proved thats not a fact. Theres many different ways that situation has been told and theres not enough facts to state anything with certainty. Gotta give him a pass there...

Its not worth it to continue this. Dont bother replying to me, your only wasting your time. Accept your loss and move on. Tomorrows a new day.

TunerAddict

Starter
If you watched the knicks marbury and curry had good chemistry that year. Who on the Knicks didnt make bad passes to curry? And dont say crawford. I realize he had his share of nice highlight passes but he had alotta his passes get picked off too. And turnovers that year for marbury overall were not bad (2.7 in 37.1mpg).

Smh @ haterburys continuing to make stuff up about marbury. Getreal got caught the other day.

Why even disagree with me? I realize my superior posts frustrate you and bother your emotions. Next time save me and you time.

My original statement "marbury almost made curry an all star in 2006-07" is on point and like a pass from starbury. Curry almost made the all star team, gettin beat out by dwight howard. Dont ever question my credentials again. Its your credentials that should be questioned.

I dont give marbury any more credit then he deserves. For the most part his behavior has improved since 2006 after larry brown left. Haterburys continue to bring up how he "left the team" even after i proved thats not a fact. Theres many different ways that situation has been told and theres not enough facts to state anything with certainty. Gotta give him a pass there...

Its not worth it to continue this. Dont bother replying to me, your only wasting your time. Accept your loss and move on. Tomorrows a new day.

You're wrong. It was Crawful that had good chem with Curry. He was the one hooking up with curry on lobs and shit all the time. Thats why the team fell out of the 8th spot that year after Crawford got hurt...Marbury wouldn't give him the ball and we started losing more than usual...

Clyde called it the Chicago connection of some shit...

Red

TYPE-A
Pros vs Cons

If you play him...we do much better, possibly make the playoffs, def. not winning a championship. At best we're somewhat successful the fans love him and his demand to return goes higher.If you sit him you probably will get a lottery pick, gain some experience for younger talent and rid the fan base of his image further emphasis on moving forward. D'Antoni and everyone else knows he's much better than Duhon but he would rather get a higher draft pick than attempt making the playoffs with someone he plans to not sign for the future. SMH...?????!!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You're wrong. It was Crawful that had good chem with Curry. He was the one hooking up with curry on lobs and shit all the time. Thats why the team fell out of the 8th spot that year after Crawford got hurt...Marbury wouldn't give him the ball and we started losing more than usual...

Yeah, exactly. I remember Isiah celebrating on the bench when Mebury actually made a decent pass in the post. And it wasn't often. SMH @ Mebury lovers for trying to give all of the credit to Mebury for Curry's success that year. They lose all credibility when they post sh*t like that because their homosexual fantasies for the man outweigh their ability to be objective on the subject. As if Mebury had anything to do with Curry almost making the All-Star team. Lol. He had nothing to do with it. There wasn't great chemistry between Mebury and Curry.

What I do give Mebury credit for that year, was he seemed to understand the PG's role better. He learned to let other people score and then take over when there was a scoring drought. That's a crucial part of the PG position. To be able to recognize ebbs and flows of the game. To know when to let other people score and when to take over and score yourself. That was his greatest accomplishment that year.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

Crawford made several bad passes to curry. He also made several good passes to curry...Im not denyin that some of marburys passes didnt get picked off but your not giving him enough credit. Marbury was the leader of that team that year, without him we woulda won another 23 games. We were in the playoff race until him, crawford, and lee got hurt at the end of the season.

Yeah, exactly. I remember Isiah celebrating on the bench when Starbury actually made a decent pass in the post. And it wasn't often. SMH @ Mebury lovers for trying to give all of the credit to Starbury for Curry's success that year. They lose all credibility when they post sh*t like that because their homosexual fantasies for the man outweigh their ability to be objective on the subject. As if Starbury had anything to do with Curry almost making the All-Star team. Lol. He had nothing to do with it. There wasn't great chemistry between Starbury and Curry.

What I do give Starbury credit for that year, was he seemed to understand the PG's role better. He learned to let other people score and then take over when there was a scoring drought. That's a crucial part of the PG position. To be able to recognize ebbs and flows of the game. To know when to let other people score and when to take over and score yourself. That was his greatest accomplishment that year.

The first bolded sentence in your post is something you made up. SMH @ haterburys making things up

While i give you some credit for giving credit to marbury, doesnt your 2nd paragraph contridict the 2nd thing i bolded in your 1st paragraph? Basically, your 2nd paragraph is giving marbury credit for being more passive when necessary, being more of a point guard. The 2nd statement that i bolded in your 1st paragraph states that Marbury had nothin to do with Curry almost making the all star team. :confused:

It was marburys outside shooting that freed up the inside for curry. Im not trying to say marbury was a great 3 point shooter...but he proved that if leave him open he can hit them. He hit 1.7 3 pointers per game that year, shooting 35.7% and again thats his 3pt%, not his field goal percentage. He was the best 3 point shooter on our team.

You and your butt buddy tuner addict claim that it was crawford who made the nice passes to curry. This reminds me of idiot fans who claim crawford is clutch because hes hit some game winner. What about all the shots that hes missed, all the games hes lost for us? Hes contributed to us losing far more then hes contributed to our winning. You see where im going with this? Just because he made some nice passes to curry, some highlight passes...that dont mean you can forget about all the bad passes he made that year and every year of his career. He averaged 2.75 turnovers per game that year, in 37.3mpg while Marbury averaged 2.42 turnovers per game in in 37.1 mpg.

Marbury-37.1mpg, 2.42topg
Crawford-37.3mpg, 2.75topg

So they played almost an identical number of minutes. Marbury, being a point guard, had the ball in his hands more then crawford did. Many of crawfords turnovers came from palming violations...he also made alotta bad passes, including bad passes to curry. I already admitted that marbury also made some bad passes, but what point guard doesnt? Marbury had more assists to curry then crawford did. Crawford just had more highlight passes to curry.

Its like comparing Paul pierce to vince carter (ok, not really). Vince Carter has way better highlights then pierce...but pierce gets the job done better. Over the past 3 or 4 years, amare stoudamire has had better highlights then tim duncan, but the spurs have beaten the suns everytime.

Crawfords had some nice alley oop passes to curry. Marbury doesnt throw many alley oop passes but he did a lot more then i expect of him that year and if your not willing to give marbury any credit for curry almost being an all star then i cant respect your posts. Hate blinds people from the truth. Hopefully this video can cure your sickness of haterism

This post is directed not just to LJ4ptplay, but Tunermaggot and any other maggots who agree with these maggots. I dont care which one of you responds to me...both of you can. I really dont give a fukk...im on another level. Before responding, i suggest you sleep on this for a couple days. The only responses i wanna see are "msg...you were right. You are an elite poster and from now on I agree with everything you say. You and metro are the the best, i wish i could be as cool as you guys."

If you maggots comeback with some bullsh!t, i wont give you any attention. I know haterburys have tendencies of making shock comments just to get some attention.

do you really think they're better with him on the bench....is duhon even close to the player marbury is...i don't think so

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Crawford made several bad passes to curry. He also made several good passes to curry...Im not denyin that some of marburys passes didnt get picked off but your not giving him enough credit. Marbury was the leader of that team that year, without him we woulda won another 23 games. We were in the playoff race until him, crawford, and lee got hurt at the end of the season.

The first bolded sentence in your post is something you made up. SMH @ haterburys making things up

While i give you some credit for giving credit to marbury, doesnt your 2nd paragraph contridict the 2nd thing i bolded in your 1st paragraph? Basically, your 2nd paragraph is giving marbury credit for being more passive when necessary, being more of a point guard. The 2nd statement that i bolded in your 1st paragraph states that Marbury had nothin to do with Curry almost making the all star team. :confused:

It was marburys outside shooting that freed up the inside for curry. Im not trying to say marbury was a great 3 point shooter...but he proved that if leave him open he can hit them. He hit 1.7 3 pointers per game that year, shooting 35.7% and again thats his 3pt%, not his field goal percentage. He was the best 3 point shooter on our team.

You and your butt buddy tuner addict claim that it was crawford who made the nice passes to curry. This reminds me of idiot fans who claim crawford is clutch because hes hit some game winner. What about all the shots that hes missed, all the games hes lost for us? Hes contributed to us losing far more then hes contributed to our winning. You see where im going with this? Just because he made some nice passes to curry, some highlight passes...that dont mean you can forget about all the bad passes he made that year and every year of his career. He averaged 2.75 turnovers per game that year, in 37.3mpg while Marbury averaged 2.42 turnovers per game in in 37.1 mpg.

Marbury-37.1mpg, 2.42topg
Crawford-37.3mpg, 2.75topg

So they played almost an identical number of minutes. Marbury, being a point guard, had the ball in his hands more then crawford did. Many of crawfords turnovers came from palming violations...he also made alotta bad passes, including bad passes to curry. I already admitted that marbury also made some bad passes, but what point guard doesnt? Marbury had more assists to curry then crawford did. Crawford just had more highlight passes to curry.

Its like comparing Paul pierce to vince carter (ok, not really). Vince Carter has way better highlights then pierce...but pierce gets the job done better. Over the past 3 or 4 years, amare stoudamire has had better highlights then tim duncan, but the spurs have beaten the suns everytime.

Crawfords had some nice alley oop passes to curry. Marbury doesnt throw many alley oop passes but he did a lot more then i expect of him that year and if your not willing to give marbury any credit for curry almost being an all star then i cant respect your posts. Hate blinds people from the truth. Hopefully this video can cure your sickness of haterism

This post is directed not just to LJ4ptplay, but Tunermaggot and any other maggots who agree with these maggots. I dont care which one of you responds to me...both of you can. I really dont give a fukk...im on another level. Before responding, i suggest you sleep on this for a couple days. The only responses i wanna see are "msg...you were right. You are an elite poster and from now on I agree with everything you say. You and metro are the the best, i wish i could be as cool as you guys."

If you maggots comeback with some bullsh!t, i wont give you any attention. I know haterburys have tendencies of making shock comments just to get some attention.

keep preaching MSG...i want D'Antoni t take therapy no sane man will start Duhorn over a superstar in Marbury