D'Antoni Benched Marbury because...

Paul1355

All Star
I just can't stand how Duhon plays. Its not pleasing.

Duhon can give you 10 assist in a game with good minutes plus score 15 points and can get hot at times. His problem is just molding his offensive game. He blows easy layups that should go in and he shoots three's at times were their is an open man, but most of the time he is pass-first which is why he is important. His defense needs to step up, I haven't seen him get a bunch of steals or a block yet to show that he is a good defender. And he let up the points in last game vs the Mavericks with a guy right in front of him that tied the game...a good defender would have made that a harder shot.

A guy who can feed like Duhon can makes guys like Zach, Lee, Chandler, and Crawford better because he finds the open men.

He should get better as he plays so that he learns which guys to pass to in certain situations. He has to be the floor general of this team.

jpz17

Starter
Team Starbury admits Duhon is of to a good start, but we are only 9 games in. Also, Duhon has shown inconsistency. He also proved to us he will never break 15 points more than once in a season.....

TunerAddict

Starter
He also proved to us he will never break 15 points more than once in a season.....

Nothing wrong with that. Highest ppg average John Stockton ever averaged was like 15. Most of his career was around 10-12. Is Duhon Stockton-like? No. But its just an example that shows that you do NOT need a high scoring PG.

I've always hated the term shoot first pg. No such thing. A guard that shoots first and passes second is a shooting guard. As much as I love Gilbert Arenas and his fantastic sneakers, which are the best basketball shoes I've ever owned, he is not a point guard. Some teams just employ a two shooting guard lineup...Nothing wrong with it...Just a different style of play.

jpz17

Starter
Nothing wrong with that. Highest ppg average John Stockton ever averaged was like 15. Most of his career was around 10-12. Is Duhon Stockton-like? No. But its just an example that shows that you do NOT need a high scoring PG.

I've always hated the term shoot first pg. No such thing. A guard that shoots first and passes second is a shooting guard. As much as I love Gilbert Arenas and his fantastic sneakers, which are the best basketball shoes I've ever owned, he is not a point guard. Some teams just employ a two shooting guard lineup...Nothing wrong with it...Just a different style of play.

and a D'Antoni system requires a heck of a lot of shooting