It's official. Knicks resolve Marbury situation

dre48ny

Rotation player
Apparently most of the players on the knicks dislike Marbs. **** that, this is why a coach gets the money, to manage all situations and not to let players choose what they want. He should put out fires and acknowledge that Marbs is a very talented player and that everyone work shit out.

I don't know if he won't play just buy him out. It sucks how this guy is in great shape, with a positive attitude, and still not that old just being wasted. I feel bad for marbs, just let him play somewhere else. He is getting paid, yes but he is not able to do what he loves: Playing ball!!!!!!!!!!!

Martice

Rookie
I wouldn't play Marbury until we needed to play him. This is the first time our team appears to be forming a personality. We are playing fluidly and it looks like they are really having fun.

Once the personality of this team is solidified, the coach has been given time to get the players listening to one voice and momentum has been maintained, Marbury can then play because he is not going to be bigger than the team.

The players are learning to play as a team and appear to be finding their confidence so whatever benefits Marbury may have enjoyed under Thomas's reign will be non existent when and if he plays. He will be forced to play within the system, listen to the coach and play to the level in which the team is currently setting.

I agree that Marbury may be the most "talented" player on our team but if he is the best "team player" on the bench is yet to be known.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
Marbury sucks

Marbury blows. Anyone who thinks he could help this team at all doesn't know basketball and doesn't really care about the Knicks. He is selfish and did everything he could to sabotage the organization. He is getting exactly what he deserves, sitting and not playing like a reprimanded child. The team is fun and exciting without him. Stop talking about him already. The biggest laugh of the week is him thinking he could help San Antonio. They would never take a loser like him. Go to Europe already!

adamsilver

Rookie
Hey guys. I've been looking for a New York Knicks message board for a while and found myself having to choose between this one and NYKfanpage.com.

Looks like you have a good thing going on here, so I wanted to stop by and say hi. I'm an avid contributor and staff member at a Miami Dolphins fan site - PhinsCENTRAL.com - and have found the Knicks fans here in Florida slowly disappear.

Didn't see an introduction forum, so I figured I would just put it in here.

As far as the topic, we should just trade Marbury and offer to pay a majority of his salary. Cheaper than cutting him and at least we would get something in return.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I could care less, this situation doesnt effect me at all. If someones gonna get paid to do nothing im happy its marbury. He gives a lot back so i got no problem with this from that perspective.

From the knicks perspective it makes no fukkin sense. Fukk D'antoni, marburys the best player on the team and he should be playin almost 40 minutes per game. As for the haterburys, they will never give this man credit even though hes settin a great example by his recent behavior. Fukk them. While D'antoni continues to save his face for the bad signing of Duhorn, we'll continue to lose.
Marbury made his own bed. He was an infection on every team he played for. He ran from a promising future with the Wolves because it`s "too cold" and I`m from "the streets". Such a lack of professional perspective . With a boot in the azz from every team that traded him, none of whom were happier to be rid of him than PHOENIX, where someone used to work?

Do your best on that one.

And, when surrounded by Baron Davis, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd and the one time enigmatic Steve Francis as his PG counterparts, had the gaul in his infinite stupor to label himself " the best PG in the game ".

Here is a list of Marbury`s accomplishments as an integral part of a 10-12 man unit.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Never mind, he sold out his previous coach when it could have f&#ked him the most (granted the Knicks previous coach was a titty fiddling bad trade making rock ape) but there is a code amongst pro sportsmen striving to achieve the common goal of all in their respective sports and he broke it because he got his childish azz thrown on the bench.

He still gets his $21m. In regard to his charitable nature, I think he deserves it. Hopefully he will give a reasonable percentage back with all his spare time to do so being from "the streets" I'm sure he knows where all the needyest of the needy are located.

Considering his resume of whining, bad-mouthing, sewering of others throughout all organizations he has been a member of, and his deft inability to manifest success from his physical abilities, his chance to impress is well over and it is his fault for being a turd.

We will see how charitable he is when his next contract is signed for significantly less than his last and significantly more than he deserves.

Give Duhon Marbury's physical abilities whilst retaining his own mentality and then, we will have a point guard.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Marbury blows. Anyone who thinks he could help this team at all doesn't know basketball and doesn't really care about the Knicks. He is selfish and did everything he could to sabotage the organization. He is getting exactly what he deserves, sitting and not playing like a reprimanded child. The team is fun and exciting without him. Stop talking about him already. The biggest laugh of the week is him thinking he could help San Antonio. They would never take a loser like him. Go to Europe already!
good points and well made

there is a chronid lack in clarity swarming this site.

jzero29

Rotation player
The situation in my opinion

im praying duhon gets injured and can't play for like 3 days and marbury plays one and then scores like 50 to shut d'antoni up
1. do you really think that is good for the team? Duhon is doing a solid job. An injury to Duhon would set back him and this teams identity and chemistry back. He's not putting up all star numbers, but he's putting up solid stats, few turnovers good amount of assists, keeps the scorers happy, and he scores a little. really has been doing a good job running the team.
2. marbury scoring 50? do you think thats good for the team? him comming in and being a huge ball hog? No if marbury came back D'antoni and his teamates would be more impressed with a stat line of 10-15pts 8-12 assists(key is assists, if he has more assists then shot attempts, good impression) at least 2 steals and solid defense, Throw in a couple rebounds(chasing long rebounds). no turnovers(or as little as duhon). It's a reasonable stat line Marbury is very capable of putting up night in and night out. That would make d'antoni think twice. That would fit this Knick team system and its goals. to play team ball. It's whats best. I don't care if they lose every game from here on out as long as they are playing hard and sharing the ball. Getting the reputaion that they are a tough team, that is a star player away from being a contender. That would help lure the big time free agents of 2010. Thats whats best for the team.
Sure it may be in marbury's best interest to score 50pts(he is in the last year of a contract) and take every shot, again alienate his teamates and destroy the teams chemistry and morale, by getting on guys who shoot the ball not named marbury. To get on guys and make them feel like sh!t for every bad play, instead of trying to help them get past it and perform better. To think every shot a teamate misses was a bad play because he would have hit it, and then voice that opinion to them. To continue his usual habbits on the court. but it's not in the knicks best interest it's not his teamates best interest and it shouldn't be in yours. How are the knicks suppose to develope into a good team if they concentrate on reviving marburys career. It creates the same problem Isiah had with crawford. You can't run an offense through a high volume shooter. like crawford. Granted steph is good and would have and has had more sucess then crawford. But not championship sucess. Marbury is a very talented player, and would be a great player for this team if he didn't think of himself as Starbury.

all that said, i'd like to see the knicks and d'antoni give him one last shot. Maybe in a month or two, after this team has confidence and has set an ID for itself that he'd have to fit into, not the team fit around him. Short leash, and team play only. He deserves a shot, but only if he is trying to fit this system not bend the system to fit him. If he doesn't, then back to the bench guy.

The team is having fun playing right now, anything that would disrupt that, i'd steer clear of for now. Maybe down the line after a team establishes itself they can absorb a disruptive player and make him conform to the system. Once trade dealine goes by and Marbs still here on the bench watching his teamates play with joy, he'll be so willing to do anything to play he'd try his best to fit.
Hey guys. I've been looking for a New York Knicks message board for a while and found myself having to choose between this one and NYKfanpage.com.
Looks like you have a good thing going on here, so I wanted to stop by and say hi. I'm an avid contributor and staff member at a Miami Dolphins fan site - PhinsCENTRAL.com - and have found the Knicks fans here in Florida slowly disappear.
Didn't see an introduction forum, so I figured I would just put it in here.
As far as the topic, we should just trade Marbury and offer to pay a majority of his salary. Cheaper than cutting him and at least we would get something in return.
1, welcome,
2, the dolphins blow. tell chad NY says hello
3, I don't think the NBA allows u to pay part of the salary of a person not on your team. Something to do with the cap.

Last edited:

adamsilver

Rookie
I won't continue on your Dolphins hated, suffice to say we'll talk at the end of the season when your wonder boy Favre turns out to be a colossal waste.

Didn't know that about the NBA, guess that makes sense or else he'd be gone already...

jzero29

Rotation player
hey

Not 100% sure about the NBA's rule about splitting salary. But I've never heard of it happening. It's also part the reason, you have to trade equal salary for equal salary. When Dallas traded for Kidd, they had to sign Van horn to a 4 mill contract to do nothing just to make the trade work with equal salary, instead of eating part of it.
The only sport I've seen do it was MLB and they don't have cap.

I am not a jets fan, I'm a Giants fan, and football fan in general and in NY the jets are always on. I'm just saying the dolphs blow. I admire Chads heart and his skill, but not his arm. They may beat the jets(I don't care) But they arent an elite team yet. Jets neither.

adamsilver

Rookie
Fair enough, but I never said they were an elite team...so you just dropped an unsolicited "Dolphins blow" on a team that was 1-15 last year and is now 5-4. I'd say the Lions, Raiders, Seahawks, etc. blow. I'd say the Dolphins are playing perfectly fine right now for what they have.

Paul1355

All Star
Marbury would help this team. Benching him just has a 15 ppg/5 assist per game guy on the bench with amazing talent.

When we get blown out...the Marbury chants will come and when we blow out teams, he is not even in the conversation.

We could definetly use Marbury and his skills and I feel that he would excel this year if he has the chance.

Mike D is winning without him which is impressing me everyday so let's see how long it holds up.

Martice

Rookie
Marbury would help this team. Benching him just has a 15 ppg/5 assist per game guy on the bench with amazing talent.

When we get blown out...the Marbury chants will come and when we blow out teams, he is not even in the conversation.

We could definetly use Marbury and his skills and I feel that he would excel this year if he has the chance.

Mike D is winning without him which is impressing me everyday so let's see how long it holds up.

I agree on the skill point Paul but you might want to understand that this young team is learning how to win together. They are tapping into a level of confidence that the coaching staff and Marbury's conduct didn't allow last year.

It is imperative that these Knicks believe they are winners so they can take the next step towards the playoffs and beyond. The only way they can believe in themselves is to play together as a team with no default "Superstars". At least not one that has the affect on a team like Marbury tends to.

Like I said before, Marbury is a good player. However, him getting on the court and contributing is not necessary at this time and as long as he plays the part of the good soldier while on the bench, he will eventually earn his spot on the roster sooner than later.

TunerAddict

Starter
I agree on the skill point Paul but you might want to understand that this young team is learning how to win together. They are tapping into a level of confidence that the coaching staff and Marbury's conduct didn't allow last year.

It is imperative that these Knicks believe they are winners so they can take the next step towards the playoffs and beyond. The only way they can believe in themselves is to play together as a team with no default "Superstars". At least not one that has the affect on a team like Marbury tends to.

Like I said before, Marbury is a good player. However, him getting on the court and contributing is not necessary at this time and as long as he plays the part of the good soldier while on the bench, he will eventually earn his spot on the roster sooner than later.

Nice post. Clear, understandable thesis. Welcome to the board bro.

Toons

is the Bo$$
was just gonna post this. if he is gone in a week....i owonder if i should snatch him up in my fantasy league