Allan Houston Should Have His Jersey Retired *Startup Petition*

Scribbles

Rotation player
Now that Allan Houston has officially been announced as Assistant to the President of Basketball Operations for the NY Knicks, it's time this man gets his due respect as a player.

What qualifies H20 in the same breath as Willis Reed, Walt Clyde Frazier, Earl the Pearl, and the Big Fella?

This statistic alone!

Houston is the fourth leading scorer in franchise history during the regular season (11,165)
Along with his Olympic Gold Medal, 2 time All Star. Not to mention all the community service he's helped the team with.

He actually still gives the Knicks franchise a good name. It's time the Knicks organization returns that favor for all that he's given to the city.

What are the odds that Allan will get his due?

Mike

Rookie
H20!...H20...H20! Agreed and Co-Signed

Agreed and co-signed. This should be at the top of the list, and it looks like he is going to be an integral part of the franchise for a long time now, and this looks like a very smart move. No matter what the haters say, H20 is a winner and that jersey should be retired.

GetRealistic

Starter
Allan is a great player, great teammate, and an even better person but i'm not agreeing with you on the jersey retirement.

Only the all time greats get their jersey retired in the Garden. I like the fact that its an elite club up there.

If you put up Houston you gotta retire Oak, Starks, and Benard King.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Not for nothing I miss the Oak man.

What's he up to these days? Does he coach or on broadcast or anything?

feetoe

Benchwarmer
Obviously #20.

When did he wear #7? Where the hell was I?

last season during his first comeback attempt, he played one game against the Celtics

77388900rg9.jpg

Starks

Starter
Starks needs to be there and so does Allan. You can make the argument Oak deserves to be there, but his stats don't measure up

KBlack25

Starter
I'm going to disagree on the basis of this, look at the other retired #s:

Walt Frazier, Dick Barnett, Earl Monroe, Dick McGuire, Willis Reed, Dave DeBusschere, Bill Bradley, Patrick Ewing, Red Holzman. It's a veritable whose who of Knicks. With the exception of McGuire (who took the Knicks to 3 straight championship series, hall of famer) and Ewing (who of course deserves to have his # retired, hall of famer), every one of those guys has a ring. H20 was great for the Knicks, but he is no hall of famer and has no jewelry. Does he REALLY deserve to have his number retired? I don't think I'd put him in that exclusive club...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we need to retire his number he's won so many games for us and has been one of the greatest in our history its a slap in the face to knick fans and more importantly to Huston to watch Jeffries wear that number. Get it retired as soon as possible...we need to retire Starks' number as well

feetoe

Benchwarmer
we need to retire his number he's won so many games for us and has been one of the greatest in our history its a slap in the face to knick fans and more importantly to Huston to watch Jeffries wear that number. Get it retired as soon as possible...we need to retire Starks' number as well

is it a slap in the face to Starks that Dennis Scott and that other guy now on the team had the pleasure wearing number "3"

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Marbury is a really good player so he could wear that number he just gotta play...but Jeffries wearing Allens number is just horrible

richtree

Rotation player
I don't think he should have it in the rafters...

It should be reserved for great players.....

like 25 years from now if I go with my son to a Knicks game and he looks up and says, hey Houston 20 -- He must have been really great to have his number retired.....

and my answer would be., eh...he was a nice player, pretty good, but not one of the best in his time....

feetoe

Benchwarmer
or he could just add a zero after 34 so that way he could wear his weight 340 lmao

lol +1

Houston unfortunately won't have his number retired because there's too much controversy following him regarding his contract and how it was part of the Knicks falling from grace leading to these rough times.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
no houston is not to blame for these hard times its all on Isiah he's the idiot that traded for these fat ****s. Houston is the man and im waiting to see his number hanging in the rafters with all the other Knick greats

feetoe

Benchwarmer
I love Houston also and he was my favorite player from 90's until now and would love to see his number in the rafters, us true Knicks fans know what he's meant to the organization but the future generations won't and will probably remember him for his contract and the burden it was on the team. we felt his energy game to game but others later on will only see it on youtube or some DVD and won't appreciate him as much.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
there will always be a Houston legacy there will always be re-runs of his magical games like the winner vs the Heat etc. Houstons is just that damn good

Toons

is the Bo$$
lol +1

Houston unfortunately won't have his number retired because there's too much controversy following him regarding his contract and how it was part of the Knicks falling from grace leading to these rough times.

yeah, i think u all are forgetting his contract