Nate won't be starting (as of now)

richtree

Rotation player
<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=33>
NY.gif
</TD><TD align=left> Nate Robinson-G- Knicks</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right>Nov. 7 - 6:37 am et</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

richtree

Rotation player
Coach Mike D'Antoni said that despite Nate Robinson's strong play on Wednesday that there won't be any changes to the starting lineup.
This isn't a surprise but D'Antoni's comments seem to leave the door open for Robinson to exceed Duhon's minutes if Duhon continues to struggle. "If you look at my Phoenix team, if you look at this team, I don?t have bench guys," said D?Antoni, who played Robinson 31 minutes Wednesday. "I?ve got seven or eight guys who are going to play starter minutes and they?re all going to feel really good about it."

New York Times

I personally like him off the bench better....

sorry about the above post ...copied wrong

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
It's true. D'Antoni has a short rotation and distributes the minutes very well. I think it's why Barbosa was continuously considered for 6th man. I guess D'Antoni like Duhon's defense over Robinson's offense to start off games.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Nate is better than Duhorn and Collins but we need his spark and scoring off the bench. cause if he starts who'll spark us like Nate did vs the bobcats, sure as hell wont be Duhorn and definetly not Colins he's the perfect 6th man. No other gaurd(that plays) can do what Nate did on wed when the whole team was off he put the team and crowd on his back and carried us. MArbury is the only other on can but D'Antoni doesn't like him for some reason.

it is true that d'antoni does distribute the minutes well....i like nate coming off the bench, nice sparkplug, just wish we had a better starting pg lol

Kiyaman

Legend
I Luv Nasty Nate Performance since his rookie season, and I want him to have a long future in the NBA.... exciting the crowds.

The best thing for Nate's, Lee, and Chandler's long future in the NBA is to get as far away from this disorganized Knick organization.

The Knick Politics has always been a skepticism of criticism since bringing Earl the Pearl Monroe to New York to win a Championship.
Checkett decision on the man that increase the prices on the seats in the Garden with his 50 point games "Bernard King", to the immediate Firing of G.M. Ernie Grunfield. The Knicks Politics has always been a serious question mark.

The Knicks got rid of two Loli-Pops in Layden & Isiah to replace them with two Big Suckers Indiana Pacers 20 year little success Bum Walsh, and Nash, Marion, and Amare understudy celebrity coach Dantoni.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
I Luv Nasty Nate Performance since his rookie season, and I want him to have a long future in the NBA.... exciting the crowds.

The best thing for Nate's, Lee, and Chandler's long future in the NBA is to get as far away from this disorganized Knick organization.

The Knick Politics has always been a skepticism of criticism since bringing Earl the Pearl Monroe to New York to win a Championship.
Checkett decision on the man that increase the prices on the seats in the Garden with his 50 point games "Bernard King", to the immediate Firing of G.M. Ernie Grunfield. The Knicks Politics has always been a serious question mark.

The Knicks got rid of two Loli-Pops in Layden & Isiah to replace them with two Big Suckers Indiana Pacers 20 year little success Bum Walsh, and Nash, Marion, and Amare understudy celebrity coach Dantoni.

why the **** do you support knicks?

Go to New Jersey mate. We all know the knicks have been a rabble the last 5 years, but how about giving the management more than 5 games to prove themselves, hell they are 3-2 already.

Players are improving under the new management, and let the season play out. Most playoff teams ride their success off a top 3 pick, and players to complement them. Eg. Boston = Garnett, Spurs = Duncan, Heat = Wade, Lakers = Shaq.

We don't have that superstar (its not marbury either), and this can't be blamed on the new management, they got the best player available.

Paul1355

All Star
I think everyone wants Nate to start but people have to remember that when a guy as energetic, athletic, and as skillful as Nate comes off the bench, the opposing team is going to have trouble. He can run rings around guys that are even a little fatigued. He wants Duhon to start the game off with some defense and move to the energetic, hungry type players off the bench.

I think if Duhon begins to struggle then Nate should get a starting nod at least a handful to 10 times this year.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
good point Paul...Nate will start a couple of games but i want Nate coming off the bench thats the perfect roll for him and he's top-5 in the league in steals so he's hyped D'Antoni knows how to get the best out of him and its showing...the sick part is he's still improving...

Martice

Rookie
Sup Dat. I agree. As long as he gets his minutes, I am pumped. I just wish Lee could learn to get up to speed on offense. You know what I often think about? Renaldo Balkman would go nutts in this offense. Could you imagine Balkman and Nate on the break?!?!?!?

NASTY!!!!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^Balkman doesnt really provide much though, and with the emergance of Chandler he wouldnt play much, were stacked at SF with Chandler,Q-Brick,Jeffries(when he gets back),and Gallo.