[Article]The NBA WORST starting point guard is...

Trin_Starr

Starter
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/smitty324/173951

One day while you?re chatting it up with your buddies ask them if they know anything about Steve Blake. You will probably get a strange look or response from them. It may vary from who is that or what about him ? I follow the NBA with great interest and kind of know who?s who in the league. The reason on this day I am writing about Steve Blake is because of what I perceive as a problem on one of the most talented teams in the NBA. In my opinion I believe the Trailblazers with a healthy Oden could win an NBA title in 2 years or so. It doesn?t take a zillion years to go from the bottom to the top . Just look at the Boston Celtics. The Celtics won because of the trio of Garnett, Pierce, and Allen. Rajon Rondo only needed to be competent.

I think the Trailblazers are waiting and hoping Steve Blake becomes John Stockton , Steve Nash or Mark Price. Sometimes in life you have to come to a realization. The Bobcats have come to the conclusion that Adam Morrison is a bust. It happens. In watching Trailblazer games every now and then on TV it is clearly evident that Blake just isn?t any good. He is the second coming of Bobby Hurley. Hurley was a great college player, and a disappointing pro. The problem with Blake is this he is too slow, too weak, and not a good outside shooter. On a team with as much talent as Portland has they need someone who can break down his defender and be able to stick an outside J.

Luke Ridnour would have been perfect for this team. I think he would have been a better fit for the New York Knicks instead of Chris Duhon. Duhon is the east coast version of Steve Blake with the exception that he is much stronger than Blake. All the frontcourt talent in the world cannot make up for the fact that your floor leader has so many flaws. At the University of Maryland Blake was a player who a casual observer would have concluded could be a very good pro. I think too many folks believe that because a player receives a multi million dollar contract he is really good. Maybe the Blazers believed trading Jarrett Jack to the Pacers was the right thing to do. I think they will find themselves on the outside looking in unless they make a bold move . Maybe taking Stephon Marbury off the Knicks hands. Time will tell if they are contenders or pretenders.

Please don't tell this to D'Antoni - he thinks Duhon is the next coming of Steve Nash! lol :)

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Blake is better Duhorn and his coach is not dumb enough to start him so wtf is up with D'Antoni's decison. not talking about Marbury not playing but about Duhorn starting over him(if he was to play) thats like the worst decison ever

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ The funny thing is we have better options at PG in Marbury and also at SF in Chandler....you'd think with one of the better coaches in the L in D'Antoni he'd realize that

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Blake is better Duhorn and his coach is not dumb enough to start him so wtf is up with D'Antoni's decison. not talking about Marbury not playing but about Duhorn starting over him(if he was to play) thats like the worst decison ever
Co-sign

A lot of the haterburys have their head gassed by this 3-2 start, but what they fail to acknowledge is that all of the Knicks' 3 wins come against sub .500 teams or handicapped teams. When the Knicks play the Jazz and Spurs, let's see if they can get away with only getting 5 points from Duhon and Richardson.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i agree with you a hundred percent we seem good but were not as good as we think....every game we've won we've had a big league and we blew it each time vs the Heat it was 20+ and we let back in the game vs the Bobcats we had a 14 point lead and blew it and vs vs the Injured Wizards we had at least and 11 point lead and blew it the over.500 teams will capitalize on that not even bringing up the elite teams. we need Marbury i the games its our only hope of being competitive later on in the year, Duhon wont get us anywhere. I wish our record was as good as it looks but it isnt.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
duhon PG wise as of today>>>>>>>jameer nelson, steve blake, who ever starts in the thunder(westbrook i think, for now), memphis PG(conley, lowry)

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Westbrook will shit all over Duhon on both side of the ball he will drive past him like hes nothing and he'll harass him on the defense Duhon will never get inside the 3-point line. even his stats are better he's averaging 10.5 ppg and 44 percent from beyond the arc.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Westbrook will shit all over Duhon on both side of the ball he will drive past him like hes nothing and he'll harass him on the defense Duhon will never get inside the 3-point line. even his stats are better he's averaging 10.5 ppg and 44 percent from beyond the arc.

westbrook still raw and any way i said PG wise, he's averaging the same amount assists as TOs...2.2 TO's and 2.2 assits while duhon 6.2 assists wit only 1.2 TOs a game

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
he plays for the thunder who cant buy points and duhron plays for the knicks who are a good shooting team and have been good scoring.

TunerAddict

Starter
he plays for the thunder who cant buy points and duhron plays for the knicks who are a good shooting team and have been good scoring.

The knicks are ranked 22nd in the league in field goal percentage...Not a great shooting team...

However, they do lead the league in assists per game and have one of the higher asst to turnover ratios.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
wow i'm actually surprised this is posted.

Duhon in his career is nothing on marbury.

But

Now we sit at 3-2, and yet we are still making excuses that these were not good teams. The heat beat the spurs today!, we killed the heat. There isn't a whole lot between the 5th-20th best team, which I suspect we'l be in.

Duhon got 12 assists, and 0 turnovers. A great game. He is average over 6 assists this season, and knicks players are having their best season.

eg. Nate, Chandler, Randolph.

Why the **** would we want to change this?

The starbury era in ny is i'm sad to say ended. Duhon is on a short contract, and knows that next year a pg will likely be targeted in the draft

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Duhorn has been distributing the rock well lately but still i think Westbrook is better theres no competition between them...the knicks when they on fire dont miss...an Duhon is good but shouldnt be a starter and def not starting over Marbury

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
wow i'm actually surprised this is posted.

Duhon in his career is nothing on marbury.

But

Now we sit at 3-2, and yet we are still making excuses that these were not good teams. The heat beat the spurs today!, we killed the heat. There isn't a whole lot between the 5th-20th best team, which I suspect we'l be in.

Duhon got 12 assists, and 0 turnovers. A great game. He is average over 6 assists this season, and knicks players are having their best season.

eg. Nate, Chandler, Randolph.

Why the **** would we want to change this?

The starbury era in ny is i'm sad to say ended. Duhon is on a short contract, and knows that next year a pg will likely be targeted in the draft
True but they looked like shit in the end. Parker went down in the first quarter. The Spurs had 3 rookies on the court through a lot of the second half. Even though the Heat were up by as much as 24 in the second half they still let a team of scrubs (besides Mason who is a stud) climb within single digits in the 4th. They were impressive early but overall it was eh. Shawn Marion is probably the most overrated player in the league btw.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
theknicks3 i wouldnt bank us winning vs the spurs only cause the heat beat them and we beat the heat...the spurs will be the spurs im scared cause Parker gonna run laps on Duhon and Duncan gonna be Dunkin' left and right with no one on our team capable of stopping him down low.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
disregard the Parker part forgot he was injured. if we beat them we'll only be taking advantage of and injured spurs team so a win is expected i wouldnt be impressed much

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
disregard the Parker part forgot he was injured. if we beat them we'll only be taking advantage of and injured spurs team so a win is expected i wouldnt be impressed much

To be honest I don't care if the win "impresses", I just want to see the knicks win which I think alot of people are missing.

We're playing hard and fast basketball, which is different to last year, where we were slow and would usually throw it in to curry where the ball wouldn't come out.

We will surprise alot of people this season, but we are still a gallinari, a shot block centre, away from being successful in playoffs

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
To be honest I don't care if the win "impresses", I just want to see the knicks win which I think alot of people are missing.

We're playing hard and fast basketball, which is different to last year, where we were slow and would usually throw it in to curry where the ball wouldn't come out.

We will surprise alot of people this season, but we are still a gallinari, a shot block centre, away from being successful in playoffs
Wow, your expectations are high. Don't let this 3-2 start fool you. The Knicks were 2-1 last year, and they finished 23-59. I don't expect the Knicks to win even 25 games, until the beat a .500 team plus team on a consistent basis.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Wow, your expectations are high. Don't let this 3-2 start fool you. The Knicks were 2-1 last year, and they finished 23-59. I don't expect the Knicks to win even 25 games, until the beat a .500 team plus team on a consistent basis.

i'm not fooled, but i'm liking the way we are playing.