Game 6: Jazz vs Knicks Game Thread 11/9 @ 3:00pm ET

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i would love steve jack to be on this team( no homo ), dude is a leader, similar to sprewell

Now that's what I call a trade. :pimp:

You guy's are idiots. Let's throw them Lee for nothing and pick up Harrington who is just a softer more athletic version of Z-Bo? At least Z-Bo is willing to bang in the post and Rebound. The only part I like about this trade is getting rid of Crawford for Jackson. You guy's could have at least threw in a draft pick or two for the loss of Lee, a double-double night in and night out,a "Team" player and all around good guy/pro, and a fan favorite. When the national media is talking bright spots about the Knicks they talk about Coach D , Donnie Walsh, Nate, Lee, Chandler and when they talk about the bad it allways about Marbury, Isiah, Dolan...... do you guy's see those programs like ESPN, Inside the NBA anything other than MSG ( I love MSG but that is the only broadcast I can find where anyone says anything positive about Starbury) We need to sit tight and realize that were going to have to keep and eat most of these bad contracts if were ever going to dig out of the financial mess Isiah and Dolan put us in beacause NO ONE wants our garbage for their gold!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Chandler is gonna start over Lee at PF...although i would want Chanlder over O-Brick and have Lee start but we'll see what happens....i would love that trade for Steve Jackon and Harrigton...but thats unlikely i would parade in the streets if it happens though....i think Lee gets traded sometime this season for a really good player..or we trade him in the offseason....but Nate stays:smokin:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You guy's are idiots. Let's throw them Lee for nothing and pick up Harrington who is just a softer more athletic version of Z-Bo? At least Z-Bo is willing to bang in the post and Rebound. The only part I like about this trade is getting rid of Crawford for Jackson. You guy's could have at least threw in a draft pick or two for the loss of Lee, a double-double night in and night out,a "Team" player and all around good guy/pro, and a fan favorite. When the national media is talking bright spots about the Knicks they talk about Coach D , Donnie Walsh, Nate, Lee, Chandler and when they talk about the bad it allways about Marbury, Isiah, Dolan...... do you guy's see those programs like ESPN, Inside the NBA anything other than MSG ( I love MSG but that is the only broadcast I can find where anyone says anything positive about Starbury) We need to sit tight and realize that were going to have to keep and eat most of these bad contracts if were ever going to dig out of the financial mess Isiah and Dolan put us in beacause NO ONE wants our garbage for their gold!

Who said anything about marbury?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You should have read our posts more carefully. We're not giving Lee for nothing. We would also be dumping Curry's 31 million dollars that's left on his contract. And in case you didn't know, the Knicks are well over the salary cap. It is highly unlikely that they will be able to re-sign Lee. Do you honestly believe Lee wants to stay on the Knicks, when he could just go to a contender for more money? I think if the Knicks were to pull of that trade, it would be great. The Knicks would have 31 millon dollars off their cap, and they could use the money to sign a bigtime center. Zach Randolph is good enough to fill in the power forward spot. Lee is a good player, but he's not untouchable. If we could use him to get rid of Curry, I'd do it.

KBlack25

Starter
You should have read our posts more carefully. We're not giving Lee for nothing. We would also be dumping Curry's 31 million dollars that's left on his contract. And in case you didn't know, the Knicks are well over the salary cap. It is highly unlikely that they will be able to re-sign Lee. Do you honestly believe Lee wants to stay on the Knicks, when he could just go to a contender for more money? I think if the Knicks were to pull of that trade, it would be great. The Knicks would have 31 millon dollars off their cap, and they could use the money to sign a bigtime center. Zach Randolph is good enough to fill in the power forward spot. Lee is a good player, but he's not untouchable. If we could use him to get rid of Curry, I'd do it.

Oh how little you know, despite your totally awesome dedicated thread. The Knicks have rights to the Larry Bird Rule on David Lee. If you didn't know the Larry Bird Rule is:

"Perhaps the most well-known of the NBA's salary cap exceptions, it is so named because the Boston Celtics were the first team permitted to exceed the salary cap to re-sign one of their own players (in that case, Larry Bird). Free agents who qualify for this exception are called "qualifying veteran free agents" or "Bird Free Agents" in the CBA, and this exception falls under the auspices of the Veteran Free Agent exception. In a nutshell, the Larry Bird exception allows teams to exceed the salary cap to re-sign their own free agents, at an amount up to the maximum salary. To qualify as a Bird free agent, a player must have played three seasons without being waived or changing teams as a free agent. This means a player can obtain "Bird rights" by playing under three one-year contracts, a single contract of at least three years, or any combination thereof. It also means that when a player is traded, his Bird rights are traded with him, and his new team can use the Bird exception to re-sign him. Bird-exception contracts can be up to six years in length."

This means the Knicks can resign Lee for any amount over the cap...sorry. Knicks can give Lee more than any team in the NBA can.

Paul1355

All Star
Oh how little you know, despite your totally awesome dedicated thread. The Knicks have rights to the Larry Bird Rule on David Lee. If you didn't know the Larry Bird Rule is:

"Perhaps the most well-known of the NBA's salary cap exceptions, it is so named because the Boston Celtics were the first team permitted to exceed the salary cap to re-sign one of their own players (in that case, Larry Bird). Free agents who qualify for this exception are called "qualifying veteran free agents" or "Bird Free Agents" in the CBA, and this exception falls under the auspices of the Veteran Free Agent exception. In a nutshell, the Larry Bird exception allows teams to exceed the salary cap to re-sign their own free agents, at an amount up to the maximum salary. To qualify as a Bird free agent, a player must have played three seasons without being waived or changing teams as a free agent. This means a player can obtain "Bird rights" by playing under three one-year contracts, a single contract of at least three years, or any combination thereof. It also means that when a player is traded, his Bird rights are traded with him, and his new team can use the Bird exception to re-sign him. Bird-exception contracts can be up to six years in length."

This means the Knicks can resign Lee for any amount over the cap...sorry. Knicks can give Lee more than any team in the NBA can.

Kblack, this is why Isiah Thomas is gone. So that we don't have a million huge contracts on this team. Lee won't be re-signed because that would put us in more debt. Unless we can get rid of Curry, Jamal, or Zach....Lee is gone. We can't afford any big free agents or make any moves for an all star type player if we signed Lee along with keeping those other 3 i mentioned.

KBlack25

Starter
Kblack, this is why Isiah Thomas is gone. So that we don't have a million huge contracts on this team. Lee won't be re-signed because that would put us in more debt. Unless we can get rid of Curry, Jamal, or Zach....Lee is gone. We can't afford any big free agents or make any moves for an all star type player if we signed Lee along with keeping those other 3 i mentioned.

It still doesn't change the fact that contrary to what ABCD said, the Knicks can give Lee more money than anybody in the NBA. Which also means they can outbid anybody for Lee's services. Which means all they really have to do to keep Lee is pay a little bit more than another team's value for him. And if only teams that are underneath the cap can make a serious bid to sign him, I doubt other teams would blow their load so to speak on getting Lee.

Plus there's a mid-level and bi-annual exception that the Knicks have that wouldn't go against the cap.

Paul1355

All Star
It still doesn't change the fact that contrary to what ABCD said, the Knicks can give Lee more money than anybody in the NBA. Which also means they can outbid anybody for Lee's services. Which means all they really have to do to keep Lee is pay a little bit more than another team's value for him. And if only teams that are underneath the cap can make a serious bid to sign him, I doubt other teams would blow their load so to speak on getting Lee.

Plus there's a mid-level and bi-annual exception that the Knicks have that wouldn't go against the cap.

Then I agree with you. Also Lee loves NY and says it countless times and shows it in all of the events he does, and the way he treats himself for every game. Lee would probably take 2 or 3 mil less a year if it means staying in NY during the new era without Isiah.

KBlack25

Starter
Then I agree with you. Also Lee loves NY and says it countless times and shows it in all of the events he does, and the way he treats himself for every game. Lee would probably take 2 or 3 mil less a year if it means staying in NY during the new era without Isiah.

That's what I'm saying, the Knicks have so much flexibility in signing a guy like Lee, giving him the MLE or paying him a couple bucks more than the next team, it doesn't make sense to give this guy and the flexibility to sign him up. If we trade him, whoever he gets sent to gains the flexibility, and THAT team can now resign him for anything over the cap they want. I don't want to do that.

Paul1355

All Star
That's what I'm saying, the Knicks have so much flexibility in signing a guy like Lee, giving him the MLE or paying him a couple bucks more than the next team, it doesn't make sense to give this guy and the flexibility to sign him up. If we trade him, whoever he gets sent to gains the flexibility, and THAT team can now resign him for anything over the cap they want. I don't want to do that.

We have to get rid of Curry, Jamal, or Zach's contracts for that to be possible. Your right in the fact that we can resign and should with Lee...but if all of those 3 guys stay....your whole scenario is gone. It would be too much money.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
half-time analysis

So its 54 to 49 at half time, the jazz lead. New York has played a pretty good half, a pretty sloppy second quarter from both teams though. Turnovers are killing us, but we are only down by five. If we can keep the jazz within our reach the second half, i think we can put them away in the 4th and serve them their first loss. If this was last year, we would have been blown out already so..... they are putting up a pretty good fight so far!

D-LEE42fan

JayJ44

Starter
Crawford is playing really well. He's getting to the basket more and he just got a 4 point play! His defense is never going to be spectacular but at least he's trying today. Z-Bo is having a hard time dealing with Boozer, but he's getting to the line because of their physical play. We're playing well considering how good this team is.

JayJ44

Starter
I don't know whats happening with our passing, we've got so many turnovers already. Our defense is good, the Jazz just had a shot clock violation and they have their fair share of turnovers. We had a real good 3rd quarter, an 11-0 run. If we can keep this up I think we can pull this one out.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Randolph is strugglin and turnin the ball over a lot but what i like about him more then curry is that he rebounds.