Game 6: Jazz vs Knicks Game Thread 11/9 @ 3:00pm ET

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
abc yea we coud win this but we gotta get over one thing...and its not Duncan,it's the mental stage.cause in the players eyes were playing the SPURS they won championships 4 out of the last 10 years,and it doesnt help we havent won there in years.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i agree wit what LJ said, a PG doesnt have to score to make an impact on da game, duhon doesnt have to score 15 a game to be successful in this offense, sure steve nash scored 16 points a game under d'antoni but thats steve nash, steve nash is a great OFFENSIVE pg(overrated player though), as long as duhon has the offense lookin fluid and plays solid defense, he's doing his job

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I like point guards who can score when they have to and thats one of the biggest question marks i have with duhorn. Im still not convinced that hes as good of a defender as advertised. He made some nice defensive plays but they were against backup point guards. I dont hate duhon, i dont even dislike him. I hope he does prove me wrong, for the best of the team but at this point i cant give him the credit that some of the other posters on here are givin him.

jpz17

Starter
The Suns were worse than 4-11 without Nash in just 2006-2007. The Suns were 61-21 that year. That shows the Suns cannot win without him. In D'Antoni's system the point guard has the ball most often. As you have seen with Duhon, he's been on a lot of highlights this year because hes had some many chances. He should be on a lot more though. Nate Robinson has also been on a lot of highlights this year. Imagine if those minutes of Duhon went to Marbury. Lets replace Duhon's minutes with Marbury in his first year as a Knicks. Duhon is getting 36.8 mpg. Lets subtract his 8.2 ppg and add Marbury's 21.7 ppg. The Knicks are averaging 105 ppg. Added together the Knicks would have 118.5 ppg with Steph and not Duhon. Thats 12 ppg higher than the team who has the most ppg in the league (the lakers). Marbury had 8.1 ppg in a Lenny Wilkins style of play, while Duhon has 6.7 apg in a D'Antoni style. Its obviously not a question..

Marbury on knicks>>>>Duhon on Knicks

to any idiot who doesn't realize a pg is the most important position in a D'Antoni system, go back to the 2nd grade..

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I like point guards who can score when they have to and thats one of the biggest question marks i have with duhorn. Im still not convinced that hes as good of a defender as advertised. He made some nice defensive plays but they were against backup point guards. I dont hate duhon, i dont even dislike him. I hope he does prove me wrong, for the best of the team but at this point i cant give him the credit that some of the other posters on here are givin him.

Duhorn has been good so far this season but he played mostly against backups-which is is with all due respect his competition, he's gonna get shitted on by Chris Paul, and all the other elites thats just not his level.when we play those teams thats when the losses will come.

TunerAddict

Starter
to any idiot who doesn't realize a pg is the most important position in a D'Antoni system, go back to the 2nd grade..

And thats why Duhon is playing. He creates on the floor. He can't shoot for shit so he gets the ball to the open guys.

Marbury was always a SG trapped in a PGs body. A lot of assists are manufactured when you are the primary ball handler. Just look at Lebron...He was always the guy bringing the ball up the court. So when he swings to a guy and they hit a jumped, he gets an assist for practically nothing. Guys who handle the ball the majority SHOULD be getting assists. Its just how it works...

Honestly, I've always thought Marbury was bad for D's system. Hes a 1/2 court player. Lots of iso and drive. Worked, but not what you want from D's system where ball movement is goal number 1. Thats why Crawford played so badly in the preseason because thats the ONLY way he could play. He needs the dribbles before shooting. Hell, he still will dribble a cpl times and put it throught his legs before jacking a three up...

We had WAY too many halfcourt players who relied on isolation basketball to get points...But that is kinda the way the league has been going lately...The rule changes on hand checking fouls and stuff have worked to create iso basketball because everyone(fans) wanna see ppl getting crossed over and a guy swooping in for a dunk...

Sad watching Ball today and then seeing vintage 80s shit like Lakers v. Celtics. Hell, I like watching 70s shit too. Bucks with Lew Alcindor and the Big O... Those guys could shoot...Ball moved around, there weren't great dunks and highlight plays, but it was such fundamental basketball an the competition between these teams and how they worked together as one unit made it beautiful...

Kinda like how Pele would talk of the beautiful game where they would play 3 strikers and try to score instead of how prof. leagues around the world are turning to counterattacking offenses now and games go 1-0 way too much.

jpz17

Starter
And thats why Duhon is playing. He creates on the floor. He can't shoot for shit so he gets the ball to the open guys.

Marbury was always a SG trapped in a PGs body. A lot of assists are manufactured when you are the primary ball handler. Just look at Lebron...He was always the guy bringing the ball up the court. So when he swings to a guy and they hit a jumped, he gets an assist for practically nothing. Guys who handle the ball the majority SHOULD be getting assists. Its just how it works...

Honestly, I've always thought Marbury was bad for D's system. Hes a 1/2 court player. Lots of iso and drive. Worked, but not what you want from D's system where ball movement is goal number 1. Thats why Crawford played so badly in the preseason because thats the ONLY way he could play. He needs the dribbles before shooting. Hell, he still will dribble a cpl times and put it throught his legs before jacking a three up...

We had WAY too many halfcourt players who relied on isolation basketball to get points...But that is kinda the way the league has been going lately...The rule changes on hand checking fouls and stuff have worked to create iso basketball because everyone(fans) wanna see ppl getting crossed over and a guy swooping in for a dunk...

Sad watching Ball today and then seeing vintage 80s shit like Lakers v. Celtics. Hell, I like watching 70s shit too. Bucks with Lew Alcindor and the Big O... Those guys could shoot...Ball moved around, there weren't great dunks and highlight plays, but it was such fundamental basketball an the competition between these teams and how they worked together as one unit made it beautiful...

Kinda like how Pele would talk of the beautiful game where they would play 3 strikers and try to score instead of how prof. leagues around the world are turning to counterattacking offenses now and games go 1-0 way too much.

I'm not sure..... but I think the guy that brings up the ball is the point guard, someone double check that for me. Ask Isiah, he will know!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
SMH @ Tuneraddict's ignorant post. Stephon Marbury is a point guard. How many shooting guards average 7.8 assists for their career? Plus, the season just started. Duhon hasn't proved s#!t yet. He sucks.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
duhon has yet proved anything to u but yet he sucks???interesting....
What's your point, truth? :lol: That post didn't make sense, now that I reread it. Oh, well. I gotta start making better posts. Starting tomorrow, my posts are going to be top quality.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
he's gonna get shitted on by Chris Paul

like chris paul doesnt shit on 99% of the NBA other PGs, and to abcd, u not makin sense cuz u said duhon hasnt proven anything to you and that he sucks, so u basically saying everybody hasnt proven anything to u sucks??

TunerAddict

Starter
SMH @ Tuneraddict's ignorant post. Stephon Marbury is a point guard. How many shooting guards average 7.8 assists for their career? Plus, the season just started. Duhon hasn't proved s#!t yet. He sucks.

Sigh...Name call all you want. Atleast I think out what I write and actually care about the Knicks...

Where did I mention Duhon being good? I just said he is more built to be a player that makes plays for others...

You're childish name calling and insulting just shows the educated on this site what you really are, and that you don't really have an argument. Not really worth wasting my time.

This is the last time I acknowledge that you exist.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
like chris paul doesnt shit on 99% of the NBA other PGs, and to abcd, u not makin sense cuz u said duhon hasnt proven anything to you and that he sucks, so u basically saying everybody hasnt proven anything to u sucks??

which player did marbury make better?

which player did duhon make better?

Those are the two most important questions, that should be discussed at the end of the season.

jpz17

Starter
Sigh...Name call all you want. Atleast I think out what I write and actually care about the Knicks...

Where did I mention Duhon being good? I just said he is more built to be a player that makes plays for others...

You're childish name calling and insulting just shows the educated on this site what you really are, and that you don't really have an argument. Not really worth wasting my time.

This is the last time I acknowledge that you exist.

Please explain.. I guess I'm not the educated enough

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Please explain.. I guess I'm not the educated enough
Don't listen to Tuneraddict. He thinks because he got a 100 on his SAT's that he's something special. I'm more educated than TunerAddict. I have a Doctoral Degree in Knicks education. I help poor posters become good posters, with training. :lol:

portega1968

El Cacique
now look at that... Jazz beat the Sixers convincingly.

they did have Deron who chipped in 9ast

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^and he played limited minutes they were cautious with him,lucky we didnt face him an deron with 1 leg is better then Duhon with 2

jpz17

Starter
You guy's are idiots. Let's throw them Lee for nothing and pick up Harrington who is just a softer more athletic version of Z-Bo? At least Z-Bo is willing to bang in the post and Rebound. The only part I like about this trade is getting rid of Crawford for Jackson. You guy's could have at least threw in a draft pick or two for the loss of Lee, a double-double night in and night out,a "Team" player and all around good guy/pro, and a fan favorite. When the national media is talking bright spots about the Knicks they talk about Coach D , Donnie Walsh, Nate, Lee, Chandler and when they talk about the bad it allways about Marbury, Isiah, Dolan...... do you guy's see those programs like ESPN, Inside the NBA anything other than MSG ( I love MSG but that is the only broadcast I can find where anyone says anything positive about Starbury) We need to sit tight and realize that were going to have to keep and eat most of these bad contracts if were ever going to dig out of the financial mess Isiah and Dolan put us in beacause NO ONE wants our garbage for their gold!

never liked that guy