Why wouldn't Knicks trade Marbury for a Draft Pick

richtree

Rotation player
I am sure there are teams out there that wouldn't mind having Marbury's services for the remainder of the year....

If the Knicks have no intention on playing him .....why can't we trade him for a draft pick....

????

I think a team would have no problem trading a second round pick and a bench player for Steph ?

am I wrong here ?

Example

marbury to clippers for Paul Davis & 2nd Round Pick....

richtree

Rotation player
Heck Ask for DeAndre Jordan....

If we are gonna let me go for nothing....

I think this is actaully good deal .....scratch that first tradde

DeAndre Jordan -- a young big man

and the Clipps 2nd rounder ( possibly lottery)

for

Steph

JayJ44

Starter
The other team would have to be about 20 million under the cap. A team over the cap would have to trade about 20 million worth of contracts. That Clippers trade wouldn't work because Davis' contracts is worth less than 1 million, so his and Marbury's contract aren't equal.

If you ever want to check if a trade works, use this site: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine

Martice

Rookie
Wassup Rich. I think his contract makes him hard to trade and not to mention his reputation (regardless if it is fair or not) leaves a lot of teams with a lot to swallow.

The funny thing is a lot of teams probably would take him but not at the price. If he is bought out, some team will offer him something like 1 or 2 million for the year and probably get him.

richtree

Rotation player
So lets say Steph takes a 12 mil buyout.....

is there any stipulations on him signing this year in the nba or anywhere else ?

whether its monetary or contractually?

? tree ?

JayJ44

Starter

is there any stipulations on him signing this year in the nba or anywhere else ?

? tree ?

I don't think so, I could be wrong, but I think once he's bought out and waived, he can sign anywhere he wants.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

? tree ?

wont happen Marbury already said he wont take a buyout for a penny less then he's owned...and i personally agree with Marb's we bitchslapped him by just benching him...cause D'Antoi kept saying all off-season Marbs will be a huge part of our team this year if we wanna be successful then when the season starts he pulls this move....ima knick fan above all but im with Marbs on this one

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree, richtree. I have no idea why that faqqot, Mike D'Antoni, didn't tell Walsh to trade Marbury, if he had no intention on using him. Marbury could have went to a team where he could have won a lot of games and possibly even won a championship, like the Celtics, Lakers, Magic, Rockets, or Heat.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i would like to see him get his 1st ring.Still cant get over how D'Antoni played him by telling him he would be a big part of what were trying to do then D'Antoni pulls this.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I agree, richtree. I have no idea why that faqqot, Mike D'Antoni, didn't tell Walsh to trade Marbury, if he had no intention on using him. Marbury could have went to a team where he could have won a lot of games and possibly even won a championship, like the Celtics, Lakers, Magic, Rockets, or Heat.

think about it as a owner of the franchise, get ur mind off marbury for just a second, if u a owner, will u really give marbury 21 million so he can go to a winning team? just think about that one

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ he wont take less than what he's owed the already said that...and i honestly dont blame him after getting played by D'Antoni

King Ewing

Banned
What the heck are you guys talking about? Trade him for a draft pick? Some one would have to want him for that to happen, no one wants him at 21.9 mil.

TunerAddict

Starter

Mike Dantoni > You and anything you will ever do.

jpz17

Starter

of course we'd rather see him in NY.... but, at least he'd play

King Ewing

Banned
^ he wont take less than what he's owed the already said that...and i honestly dont blame him after getting played by D'Antoni

You dont blame him? Man you deserve to get, err. I wont even say it.

Marbury has been stealing money from the Knicks for 5 years, and has done NOTHING to deserve the money we have already paid him, let alone the money owned to him this season.

And played by D'Antoni? D'Antoni didnt play anyone, Marbury played the Knicks the last 5 years and deserves to be kicked to the curb just like D'Antoni is doing. Finally we get a coach with balls in here! You guys blow my mind!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ Dude , we knew what we we're getting when we signed so if anything Isiah is to blame and anyways, D'Antoni told reporters all offseason that Marbury will be a big part of our team THIS season, so marbury trains hard gets into the best shape of his life, let alone career then the season starts and D'Antoni benches his for "undisclosed" reason, thats the definition of playing him.

King Ewing

Banned
^ Dude , we knew what we we're getting when we signed so if anything Isiah is to blame and anyways, D'Antoni told reporters all offseason that Marbury will be a big part of our team THIS season, so marbury trains hard gets into the best shape of his life, let alone career then the season starts and D'Antoni benches his for "undisclosed" reason, thats the definition of playing him.

Well, ok in that sense you're right.

I'm just happy to see some different faces on the court for the Knicks, its a nice thing to go along with a nice 4-2 start.

TunerAddict

Starter

Players should always be in the best shape of their lives...Thats why I hate these guaranteed contracts where Eddy Curry and JJ can remain morbidly obese and still get a paycheck.....