Is Now the right time to trade David Lee?

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks have to resign Lee if they can not find a replacement.

The league still use 3 to 5 Bigmen in their rotation so this Knick team have to keep Lee & Zach whom chemistry is improving every game.
They also are the only dependable Bigmen in Dantoni's rotation.

The name of the game is adding the right Bigman to the (TEAM) Lee & Zach to boost the level-up in the frontcourt. Adding a Harrington, Bellineli, or a Wright may be a better compliment then Jefferies, James, and Curry.
The latter players are the ones you trade for a keeper players or an expiring contract to resign Lee.

Owner Dolan thought Donnie Walsh was good enough to take on such a task.
To be able to select out of President Isiah Thomas roster the "Keeper-Players" and get rid of the "non-keeper-players" without any buyouts.
Dolan was wrong again.

clumsy

Rotation player
Lee will never be more than a 6th man but he does fit our style of play. However if we can get Kaveman using Lee i'm all for it. He's superior to Lee in every facet of the game.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Let's not forget that we still have 6-11 jeffries who will be back in a few weeks. I wouldn't trade Lee until Jeffries gets back and proves that he could pick up the slack if Lee were gone.

At this point, Zach looks like a different player. He is way more unselfish and is our only low post threat (a damn good one too). Zach is 1st in the east with rebounding among all PF and 2nd in scoring only behind Bosh. I know he's not that good of a defender but he makes up for it by making defenders look silly in the paint and on the perimiter. If Gallo and Jeffries were healthy, things would be alot easier to determine.
I agree, we need to see how well Jeffries plays when he's back before making a quick decision regard David Lee. From what D'Antoni feels, Jeffries has a spot on this team and I can respect that. I have to see it to believe it though because I just don't quite trust it. Jeffries hasn't played all that well since signing with the Knicks, but maybe the uptempo style will suit him better.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i think the run and gun will help Jeffries he's not a half court type of players he's a gunner and thats where he succeeds he has a decent inside game no shot,and pretty good defense....thats the kind of player born for this system