vs
The New York Knicks (6-3)
Knicks_Logo.gif

Sunday November 16th, 2008

front.jpg

In beautiful New York New York

manhattan-skyline-at-night.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

Welcome to the JPZ17 Pre-Game Show

If you didn't catch the last game heres your highlights!

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a9Ubw1XkANo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

<table class="linescore" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="team">
</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">1</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">2</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">3</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">4</td> <td class="total" style="text-align: center;">T</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="team"> OKC (1-8) </td> <td style="text-align: center;">20</td> <td style="text-align: center;">24</td> <td style="text-align: center;">33</td> <td style="text-align: center;">29</td> <td class="ts" style="text-align: center;">106</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="team"> NYK (6-3) </td> <td style="text-align: center;">37</td> <td style="text-align: center;">31</td> <td style="text-align: center;">25</td> <td style="text-align: center;">23</td> <td class="ts" style="text-align: center;">116</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- begin game status (boxscore and pbp pages) -->

"The way we play, uptempo, it can happen like that," Randolph said. "The way we play, teams can come back and get hot, or we can get cold, and that's what we did tonight. But all the guys played hard and we finished the game out."

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" height="441" width="434"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Team Stat Comparison</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td>
</td> <td>OKLAHOMA CITY</td> <td>NEW YORK</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Points</td> <td>106</td> <td>116</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">FG Made-Attempted</td> <td>44-93 (.473)</td> <td>40-89 (.449)</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">3P Made-Attempted</td> <td>1-7 (.143)</td> <td>7-27 (.259)</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">FT Made-Attempted</td> <td>17-24 (.708)</td> <td>29-40 (.725)</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Rebounds (Offensive-Total)</td> <td>12-52</td> <td>11-48</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Assists</td> <td>23</td> <td>23</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Turnovers</td> <td>16</td> <td>14</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Steals</td> <td>5</td> <td>8</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Blocks</td> <td>4</td> <td>2</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Fast Break Points</td> <td>13</td> <td>15</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)</td> <td>28 (0/0)</td> <td>22 (0/0)</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Largest Lead</td> <td>4</td> <td>30</td></tr></tbody></table>

5589664e-e768-4e1e-adef-7be7f7197b5c.jpg

pregame.png

I'll be your host today as the Knicks take on the Dallas Mavericks. I'm sure you all know the New York Knicks are off to a great start, but the Mavs, not so much. They are 2-7 and struggling. Do we see some potential? I'm going to start you off with my
Official JPZ17 Game Prediction

Dallas Mavericks 107
New York Knicks 109 F
For the rest of this thread my job is to convince you of that outcome and inform you of key moments in this game. All game discussion for the Knicks vs. Mavs must go in this Official thread.
Dallas (2-7) can point to a lackluster defense that has allowed opponents to reach the 100-point mark in four of its last five games as a reason for its poor start.
Giving up 99.4 points per game, the Mavericks rank in the bottom third of the league in that category. That's in contrast with the last three seasons when they finished among the league's top seven teams in points allowed.
-NBA.com

The New York Knicks are scoring 104 ppg, while their opponents are scoring 103ppg. The Mavs are scoring 95 ppg while opponents score 99 ppg. In the last 5 games the Knicks are averaging 110 ppg. They are nearly unbeatable. The Knicks will need to stop Dirk in order to win this. He is averaging 22 ppg. If they can keep him under 30 points, they didn't fail at that. Instead, their main focus should be on stopping Josh Howard who is averaging 18 ppg and Jason Terry who is averaging 17 ppg. But in my guess is Kidd will have a surprising night so watch out!! Heres Kiyaman's take on this game:

A very interesting game Knicks vs Mavs

We can not forget our last game with the Thunders where we ran out of GAS, Energy, or legs, whatever. When we let a Knicks 30 point lead dwindle down to a 7 point lead....also giving them 3 tries to bring it down to 5.

The Mavs loss to the Lakers inside scoring game (Bynum, Gallo, Odom, and Ariza taking to the paint) inwhich the Mavs had the lead the majority of the game. Our scoring in the paint area has been real low.

Size-ing up the players:

Dampier & Diop will make Zach shoot 85% of his shots from outside.

Dirk will keep Lee & Chandler outside from getting any defensive rebounds.

Howard has owned Q.Richardson in every game they played in their career.

Terry will only give Crawful open 25 feet jumpshots anything else is a battle or trade of points. Terry will give Crawful some open closer shots when the Mavs is up by 10 or more.

Kidd vs Duhon will let owner Cuban know if he made the big mistake in the trade for an old demanding Kidd for a young energetic Harris.

The Knicks Bench has the complete energy Winning-Players on it with "Nasty-Nate, Chandler, and Dave Debuscher Lee.

Mavs on the other hand their bench has been weak with Diop and coach Carlisle enemy Stachouse who have not forgot that Carlisle had him traded when he practically lead the league in scoring for two straight seasons under Carlisle.

Very interesting game to watch
LETS GO KNICKS!
Thanks, Kiya!

Lets look at the starting line-ups and match ups

New York Knicks Position Dallas Mavs

1017.jpg
Zach Randolph C Erick Dampier
181.jpg

Interesting matchup.. I would expect Randolph to dominate.. Score 20 points and have 10+ boards. Dampier still needs to set a nae for himself
3194.jpg
Wilson Chandler PF Dirk Nowitzki
609.jpg

Dirk>>>>>Chandler Face it guys, we are doomed here. I don't care what you think, now way Wilson could stop Dirk. Dirk had a slightly below average for him night last game with 6 boards.. (& 24 points:boohoo:)
Lets keep our fingers cross on that one:crossfingers::crossfingers:
703.jpg
Quentin Richardson SF Josh Howard
2006.jpg
Key matchup

Q-Rich had had a bad last few games with 5, 8, 3, 3, and 6 points in his last 5 games. Thats 25 points in his last 5 games, while Josh Howard had 25 points in JUST HIS LAST GAME!!!! It's about time for Q to step it up. Howard has been on fire recently. Get Q the ball and let him play like he did 5 years ago. Every once and a while we see the "Good Richardson," will we see the "Good Richardson" or the "Bad Richardson????"

165.jpg
Jamal Crawford SG Gerald Green
2761.jpg

Are you kidding?? This matchup is a joke. Green has 8.5 ppg this season.. He only starts. The real player that comes in later is Jason Terry. Terry averaging 17ppg and 4 apg. Wow, great matchup! It would have been the JPZ17 matchup of the day, but he isn't starting. When the Knicks backup sg gets in we could get rocked, but then again, Crawford>>Green.

2377.jpg
Chris Duhon PG Jason Kidd
429.jpg

This will be the first game Jason Kidd goes to The Garden in a Mavs uniform. Kidd should be pumped up for this. He loves facing the Knicks, and in MSG!?!?! I'm expecting 20+ points from Kidd. Kidd has 11 ppg this year with 8 apg. In his last game he had 13 points and 6 assists. Anyone remember this??

340x.jpg

JPZ17's Player Pressure
Which Knicks is under the most pressure to succeed????

color-fog-lights.jpg

The answer:Quentin Richardson

quentin_richardson.jpg

wadepartypic6.jpg

Q needs to step up before it's too late! Look for him to have a good night! Scoring 25 points in his last 5 game is not acceptable.

Opponent last game:

<table class="linescore" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="team">
</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">1</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">2</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">3</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">4</td> <td class="total" style="text-align: center;">T</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="team"> ORL (6-3) </td> <td style="text-align: center;">17</td> <td style="text-align: center;">29</td> <td style="text-align: center;">26</td> <td style="text-align: center;">30</td> <td class="ts" style="text-align: center;">102</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="team"> DAL (2-7) </td> <td style="text-align: center;">21</td> <td style="text-align: center;">35</td> <td style="text-align: center;">24</td> <td style="text-align: center;">20</td> <td class="ts" style="text-align: center;">100</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- begin game status (boxscore and pbp pages) --> Howard 25 points

Dirk 24 points
Terry 20 points
Kidd 13 points

Lewis, Pietrus, and Nelson all above 20 points for Magic

Dallas is coming off a tough loss..

nba_g_randolph_260.jpg

340x.jpg

act_nate_robinson.jpg

knicks.jpg

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Q4_9y_Swo0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/472a175c45792131/49207f6ebd10b4a2/472a175c45792131/7232c0dc/-cpid/90f013746bdf06fb" id="W472a175c4579213149207f6ebd10b4a2" height="387" width="300">

</object>

New York Knicks Injury List

Jared Jefferies
Danillo Gallinari

Dallas Mavericks

None

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/4704165422de6aac/474355448c077eb8/4704165422de6aac/a4bdcfcd/" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" id="4704165422de6aac" height="444" width="198">

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/49208a9333695a40/49076731670e5450/84110f62/-cpid/3bc48b957461c92c" id="W49022a985869641449208a9333695a40" height="260" width="289">

</object>

Knicks Online Official Game Chat Room
http://www.knicksonline.com/chat.php#

Thanks for joining me, I would like to thank special guest Kiyaman

Go Knicks!

gamethread.png

Last edited:

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
That S Really Nice Jpz.
Also Nice U Mentioned Kia Contribution.
At Least He Tried, And He Admited You And Msg Do It Better.
Keep Up The Good Game Threads Guyz And Go Nyk 7-3

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
so did my one handed ether of Trillion in his "dose of reality" thread. im gettin quicker at typin with my left hand. i might as well do the celtics game thread, i got work off tomorrow.

anyways, nice game thread. i like your format for it...and i like the idea of gettin a couple of posts from other posters to put in the game thread.

This message is hidden because TunerAddict is on your ignore list.
tuner addict is gay :lol:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I expect this game to be close, but I think the Mavericks will win this one. Their record is very deceiving, because Josh Howard was out for part of the season. Now that he's back, the Mavericks should start playing better.

Prediction: Mavericks win 103-97

JayJ44

Starter
I think we can win this game since the Mavs don't play well against running teams. Look at the Mavs-Warriors series, everyone expected the Mavs to win but Golden State won partly because of the style of play. Granted this Mavs team is different with Jason Kidd and a new coach, but I think it remains true. The Mavs defense is pretty bad, maybe almost as bad as ours. If our shots go down like they should, we can win this game. My prediction: 115-110, Knicks win.

Got damn this is a nice presentation you put together here JP. I wouldn't have had the will power to do as much as you did. But good job...

My gut tells me the Mavs win.. but I think the Knicks have more than a fair shot at winning this game. Hopefully we come out on top. We'll see...

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
thanks for all the compliments... I worked hard on this one and used a lot of other posters ideas... If anyone else has ideas just say.. I hope Knicks really win this! J-Kidd return will be big! everyone join the chat room!

jpz17

Starter
so did my one handed ether of Trillion in his "dose of reality" thread. im gettin quicker at typin with my left hand. i might as well do the celtics game thread, i got work off tomorrow.

anyways, nice game thread. i like your format for it...and i like the idea of gettin a couple of posts from other posters to put in the game thread.

tuner addict is gay :lol:

I'm going to stick with this format.. It helps separate my threads from yours. If the Knicks make the playoffs though :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers: You will do the biggest games..

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm going to stick with this format.. It helps separate my threads from yours. If the Knicks make the playoffs though :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers: You will do the biggest games..
I hope the Knicks make the playoffs.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Today's outcome will help the NYK determine if they are pretenders or contenders. This is a legitimately good team and D'Antoni has had success against them. If the NYK win, I feel that they are for real.

JayJ44

Starter
Seems like everyone is shooting well so far, even Q-Rich. Z-Bo has hit two 3 pointers so far, let's hope this keeps up.