Game 11: Knicks vs Celtics Special Edition Game Thread

Which Eastern Conference team has the best chance of stopping the Celtics this year??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The New York Knicks (6-4) vs the Boston Celtics (9-2)
Tues. 11/18 at 7:30pm ET on MSG​

2povzmo.jpg

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host the Gold Mac 10 and were here to break down Tuesday Nights game. The Knicks are coming off a disappointing loss to the Dallas Mavericks. The Knicks had a 110 to 103 lead with 3 and a half minutes left in the 4th. The Mavs went on a 21 to 4 run to win by 10 in overtime. Mike D'antoni said that fatigue was not the reason for the loss. If fatigues not the reason then what is? The Knicks only scored 4 points in over 8 minutes, after scoring 110 points in about 45 minutes. They went from about 2.4 points per minute to half a point per minute. If thats not fatigue I dont know what is.

Zach Randolph, who is currently the 3rd best rebounder in the NBA, scored 27 points (10-20) and grabbed 18 rebounds to lead the way. Quentin Richardson scored 17 points (7-14) and grabbed 8 rebounds. He also had crowd pleasing reverse dunk on Dirk Nowitzki. Jamal Crawford did not show up to play. He scored 16 points with an ugly 5-19 field goal percentage. Chris Duhon had himself a nice double double, scoring 16 points and dishing out 12 assists.

The Boston Celtics are coming off an unimpressive overtime win over the Milwaukee Bucks, who were missing Michael Redd and Charlie Villanueva. Paul Pierce led the way with 28 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists. Ray Allen scored 26 points, while Kevin Garnett struggled. He scored 16 points, but was 6 for 15 from the field and he had 4 turnovers. Kevin Garnett might be suspended for a game for attempting, and possibly slapping Bucks center Andrew Bogut.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3707297

On the sequence in question, Bogut's left arm caught Garnett in the mouth on the way down as the Australian center drew a shooting foul at the rim. Garnett responded with an open-handed swipe that appeared to connect with Bogut's forehead.

Contact above the shoulders is typically automatic suspension territory, but it remains to be seen how the league will respond given that neither player threw what could be classified as a punch.

Garnett has been causing alot of problems as of late. He should have recieved a technical foul for the way he taunted Jose Calderon in a recent game against the Toronto Raptors.

Someone needs to lay Kevin Garnot out, and put him in his place. Most of the time, Kevin Garnett runs away like a little girl. But the one time he didn't run, heres what happened.

132689691.gif

If you were unable to see the Knicks vs Mavericks, heres the highlights

STARTING LINEUPS

2nqzdqp.jpg

The Boston Smellshits

pg-Rajon John Doe
sg-Gay Fallen
sf-Paula Pierce Pussy (Triple P)
pf-Kevin Garlic aka Gay G
C-Mendikk Jerkins

Rajon_Rondo_KWB_20080205.png
t01676eigfj.jpg
pierce-sign.jpg
132689691.gif
kendrick-perkins.jpg

Backups: Phony Allen, Leon Hoe, Glen "Big Lady" Davis, Eddie Mouse, Patrick NO'Bryant

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

knicks.gif

MOBILE-IMAGING-KnicksDancers.jpg

kcd08033.jpg

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHON
AT SHOOTING GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD WILSON CHANDLER
AT CENTER ZACH RANDOLPH

3855.jpg
3407.jpg
3417.jpg
4301.jpg
3531.jpg

BACKUPS: NATE ROBINSON, DAVID LEE, MARDY COLLINS, ANTHONY ROBERSON, MALIK ROSE, DANILO GALLINARI

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Quentin Richardson vs Paul Pierce

paul-pierce1.jpg

scooter.jpg

VS

quentinrichardson_jpg_w300h334.jpg

Quentin_Richardson_encesta_durante_encuentro.jpg

Quentin Richardson

Quentin Richardson can really increase the knicks chances of winning if he can play some solid defense on Paul Pierce. Im not too concerned with what he does on offense, but he needs to do his job on defense. He needs to stick to Pierce like glue, and challenge every single one of his shots.

Q-Rich Last Year vs Celtics

24mpg
5.3ppg
5rpg
25fg%
26.8 3PT%

Those numbers are terrible but again, its his defense that can potentially make a difference.

Paul Pierce

Pierce averagad just under 19 points per game against the Knicks last year. Once he gets going we can forget about this game. Pierce is very tough to stop. Hes a complete player who can shoot midrange, long range, slash, post up, rebound, pass, and defend. Hes arguably one of the 5 best players in the NBA and it will be impossible to stop him. Q-Rich has to do the best he can to slow him down on the court. As far as off the court goes, Pierce dont want no part of Q as we witnessed earlier this year on Martin Luther King day.

lol @ Paula Tears lookin shook :lol:

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Score!!! Knicks are averaging over 10ppg more then the Celtics
  • Get physical with KG!!! He gets frustrated and turnover prone
  • Have Duhon guard ray allen, and Crawford guard Rondo
  • Bring it to them hard no homo, dont be scared!!!

Player Spotlight

spotlight.jpg

Wilson Chandler

act_wilson_chandler.jpg

1944017086.jpg

Wilson Chandler job is to defend and frustrate Garnot. He already did this in preseason. Garnett was trying to post him, and Chandler wasnt having none of that as he swatted his shot away. Then Wilson got the ball, took it right at Garnett laying it in over him and getting fouled. Garnett got the ball on the next possession and was looking to post Wilson up. He ended up traveling and turning the ball over. Doc Rivers took the frustrated Garnett off the court. Garnot said after the game that he won't forget about that block. Neither will I you bum ass maggot :lol: You can catch those highlights in the video below

Controversial/Embarrassing Pictures of the Celtics

Glen Davis poses....like a girl
glendavis1.jpg

Rondo Gets taken down!!!
Rajon_Rondo_tackle.jpg

cel.jpg

celtics.jpg

Former Knicks player puttin in work (Dedicated to kiyaman)
capt.ab77d429fec54553acaf2f23d9c607ed.nuggets_celtics_basketball_mack105.jpg

Throwback Joint of the Day:

Artist:Rakim
Title:Guess Whos Back
Album:18th Letter
Year:1997

d95737b16gn.jpg

Download "Guess Whos Back" Here:
13-guess-whos-back.mp3 - 4.55MB

Knicks upcoming Schedule:

• Fri, Nov 21 @ Milwaukee 8:30 PM
  • Sat, Nov 22 vs Washington 7:30 PM
  • Tue, Nov 25 vs Cleveland 7:30 PM
  • Wed, Nov 26 @ Detroit 8:00 PM
  • Sat, Nov 29 vs Golden State 7:30 PM

Thanks for joining me for my pregame show. And remember to watch the Knicks Tuesday night on MSG.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Real amtchup

I think the real matchup is Garnett vs Chandler. Ever since KG talked crap when Chandler stuffed him in the pre-season both guys have been on their A game against each other. I expect Wilson and Garnett to play very aggressive this game and I want to see Chandler stuff the hell out of KG.

Wilson Chandler VS Kevin Garnett

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think the real matchup is Garnett vs Chandler. Ever since KG talked crap when Chandler stuffed him in the pre-season both guys have been on their A game against each other. I expect Wilson and Garnett to play very aggressive this game and I want to see Chandler stuff the hell out of KG.

Wilson Chandler VS Kevin Garnett

I didnt want to include garnett in the key matchup because he might be suspended. And when was chandler and garnett play each other since then? Oh yea, in that one preseason game where we got blown out from the beginning.

Paul1355

All Star
I didnt want to include garnett in the key matchup because he might be suspended. And when was chandler and garnett play each other since then? Oh yea, in that one preseason game where we got blown out from the beginning.

Still though it was a good matchup...KG was pissed the whole game after that stuff and Chandler kept his cool and played aggressive....If KG is suspended then that's better for us.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
fukk, i just found a mistake i made. I fukked this thread up twice earlier today, i wasnt even gonna make i was so :mad:

everytime i went to nba.com for the knicks schedule, my computer froze up and i lost everything. I was just about done both times it happened. The 2nd time i tried to copy and paste into word, but i got a cheap old version of word and it didnt work. Its not even word, its wordpad.

Finally this 3rd time i got it done. i went to espn for the schedule

JayJ44

Starter
Great thread MSG, as always really nice job. I like the key matchup that MSG put, remember that game where Q-Rich wanted to fight Pierce. There going to be going at each other, should be pretty intense. Hopefully Q can shut him down on defense, and it would be great if he could have a good game offensively too.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
thanks for including me in this!! anyways.. the clear best match up in my mind is Allen Crawford

i was dissapointed with your private message, askin me not to steal your format. I aint no swagger jacker.

The comparison sh!t is gettin mad gay. everytime someone compares game threads, you get more defensive then the knicks in the 90's. It really dont matter whos got the best game threads. just do what you gotta do, i dont care if you use part of my format. I dont care about none of that, all that matters is that good game threads are being made.

What would happen if i reacted to the comparisons? Then i would start adding more, causing you to add more. We would start a chain, and then we'd be wasting too much time on the game threads. My advice is to ignore the comparisons. Thats what I've been doing, im gonna keep doing what i do because im the gold mac and my swags original.

im happy to see you think crawford vs allen is a better key matchup

and i thought about that "opinions" addition to the game thread and it doesnt make sense to me. Thats why people reply to game threads, to give their opinions. Including opinions in game threads is lowering the number of replies that a thread will get.

let me just say one more thing...there aint no beef, im just sayin what i think. I have no interest in arguing with any members of team starbury. Theres a bigger battle to fight out there and thats against the increasing number of haterburys on this site. Team starbury needs to step up the efforts and shut these fukkers down.

jpz17

Starter
well I guess it is close... anyways good thread MSG! Sorry about having trouble, I'm sure they would've been great

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Great thread MSG, as always really nice job. I like the key matchup that MSG put, remember that game where Q-Rich wanted to fight Pierce. There going to be going at each other, should be pretty intense. Hopefully Q can shut him down on defense, and it would be great if he could have a good game offensively too.

Thats the one thing i forgot to add to this thread

ill have a video up in 2 minutes, under pierce vs q-rich key matchup

jpz17

Starter
i was dissapointed with your private message, askin me not to steal your format. I aint no swagger jacker.

The comparison sh!t is gettin mad gay. everytime someone compares game threads, you get more defensive then the knicks in the 90's. It really dont matter whos got the best game threads. just do what you gotta do, i dont care if you use part of my format. I dont care about none of that, all that matters is that good game threads are being made.

What would happen if i reacted to the comparisons? Then i would start adding more, causing you to add more. We would start a chain, and then we'd be wasting too much time on the game threads. My advice is to ignore the comparisons. Thats what I've been doing, im gonna keep doing what i do because im the gold mac and my swags original.

im happy to see you think crawford vs allen is a better key matchup

and i thought about that "opinions" addition to the game thread and it doesnt make sense to me. Thats why people reply to game threads, to give their opinions. Including opinions in game threads is lowering the number of replies that a thread will get.

let me just say one more thing...there aint no beef, im just sayin what i think. I have no interest in arguing with any members of team starbury. Theres a bigger battle to fight out there and thats against the increasing number of haterburys on this site. Team starbury needs to step up the efforts and shut these fukkers down.

3 people said the outside opinions are a good idea.. It's what they do in real pre-game shows. I guess you do yours te way you do and I do mine. I'm sorry if you took that try not to use too much of my format stuff personally. It absolutely wasn't. It was because of "theknicks3" gettin pissed at me for me "copying your game threads" you thought me how to make them and now I'm making good ones. Different ones.... thats what I want to do, I want people to focus on the game at hand and when my thread isn't copying yours, adn when someones thread doesn't suck they can't waste good discussion time complaining. The more material in a game thread, the more people get excited. Its comon sence. As for the match-up thing, it was good picking Q because he had a real nice game last game, which I predicted. You can take anything from my threads you want, I just think having different threads will get people intersted. MSG, you are debatably the best poster on here.. Probobly not quite as good as Metro when hes on, but my main point is you are a great poster. I too wouldn't ever want to get in a "fight with you" just doesn't make sense. YOu don't get in a fight with your mentor. Yes, you and almost only you were my mentor for this site. I was nothing, a dumb ignorant poster. Then, I stated reading your. Then just recently, this past month, I started getting my posts much much better. Game threads help me develop, but they aren't worth getting into a fight. Our misson as teamstarbury is to spread the Starbury facts, and to educate haterburys, or un-decide. It never says attack fellow Starburys, and I will never get in a fight with someone that made me the poster I am today. What I said in the pm was nothing but respect towards you. Go Knicks!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
3 people said the outside opinions are a good idea.. It's what they do in real pre-game shows. I guess you do yours te way you do and I do mine. I'm sorry if you took that try not to use too much of my format stuff personally. It absolutely wasn't. It was because of "theknicks3" gettin pissed at me for me "copying your game threads" you thought me how to make them and now I'm making good ones. Different ones.... thats what I want to do, I want people to focus on the game at hand and when my thread isn't copying yours, adn when someones thread doesn't suck they can't waste good discussion time complaining. The more material in a game thread, the more people get excited. Its comon sence. As for the match-up thing, it was good picking Q because he had a real nice game last game, which I predicted. You can take anything from my threads you want, I just think having different threads will get people intersted. MSG, you are debatably the best poster on here.. Probobly not quite as good as Metro when hes on, but my main point is you are a great poster. I too wouldn't ever want to get in a "fight with you" just doesn't make sense. YOu don't get in a fight with your mentor. Yes, you and almost only you were my mentor for this site. I was nothing, a dumb ignorant poster. Then, I stated reading your. Then just recently, this past month, I started getting my posts much much better. Game threads help me develop, but they aren't worth getting into a fight. Our misson as teamstarbury is to spread the Starbury facts, and to educate haterburys, or un-decide. It never says attack fellow Starburys, and I will never get in a fight with someone that made me the poster I am today. What I said in the pm was nothing but respect towards you. Go Knicks!

my bad jpz...i was mad before when my game threads got deleted. I didnt like the way knicks3 brought up how your game thread from a couple games ago took a couple things from my format. I dont mind it all but i know you got your own format now and your game threads are real good. Like kiyaman said, knicksonline has the best game threads on the internet because of me and you (no homo).

jpz17

Starter
my bad jpz...i was mad before when my game threads got deleted. I didnt like the way knicks3 brought up how your game thread from a couple games ago took a couple things from my format. I dont mind it all but i know you got your own format now and your game threads are real good. Like kiyaman said, knicksonline has the best game threads on the internet because of me and you (no homo).

aight, cool, dang, I just re-read my post, and I can barely read it, so many mistakes! Sorry, must have sucked trying to read it! I'm making sure you get plenty of Game Threads to make, I'm a little shaky on letting other people make threads, but I'll get used to it. I want 2/3 of the threads to be one done by either you or me. Mainly you, but I can give a different taste for some people *no homo*. Good thread today, this and your spurs thread are top from this year for you.. (not going to include mine) I said when you frist said you could use a little help with threads I'd like to do 10.. well if I stay at this rate, I'll be around 20, which still isn't bad. I just don't want all these punks or haterburys makin lots of game threads, I'll get you your game threads, don't even worry!:gony:

Pricey

Rotation player
The Boston Celtics will take a hit for Kevin Garnett's hit.
The NBA announced on Monday that the All-Star forward will be suspended for one game for hitting Milwaukee Bucks center Andrew Bogut in the face on Saturday.
Bogut didn't get off, however, with the league also upgrading the foul he committed that started the altercation to a Flagrant 1.
The incident happened late in the fourth quarter of the Celtics' 102-97 overtime win in Milwaukee.
Garnett will sit out Tuesday's game against the New York Knicks in Boston.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
again sick thread MSG,i wish we woulda played a full celtics team but they're still a tough match-up with or without him...woulda loved to see Chandler vs Garnett....we gotta come out strong out the gate,mimimize our cold streaks we cant afford to fall back early vs this team...we gotta attack the ball and pressure them on the perimeter let em have theres in the paint,id rather have Perkins score then Allen or Peirce this will be a tough win and would be huge for us mentally if we could win this one plus its on the road...i just want us to be competitive throughout dont want another game like last years where we barely scored 60...i say 105-97 Boston

Pricey

Rotation player
im thinking about taking a sickie so i can stay home and watch this game then straight after go to see John Mellencamp and Sheryl Crow!!!

w00t, yes my choice in music is bad :)