Game 11: Knicks vs Celtics Special Edition Game Thread

Which Eastern Conference team has the best chance of stopping the Celtics this year??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
true Collins was pretty good today and Crawford is doing what i knew he would he saw his shot was good and now he pops some retarded shots his selection is still horrible we need to get rid of him...and we trade our 2nd round pick for a late 1st and draft Wayne Ellington dude is nice...ima update the draft thread soon so keep your heads up

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I don't know which aggrivated me the most!! Watching the Knicks lose, or having to listen to the horrible Boston announcers.I also thought the refs was terrible letting Boston grab,push,shove,hold our players exspecially on randoph.

Last edited:

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
i missed the game tonight cause of work, but a loss is a loss. i cant judge the game tonight but from what i heard Chandler had a great game, so thats a good sign. We could have used jeffries' defense from what i saw in the ost game highlights. I really really REALLY hate Scalabrine now, that guy has done nothing but insult the Knicks. we need that win against milwaukee coming up, they beat us this season already so its our turn.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Crawford was shit today and Richardson was decent....the reason Rich gets more crap then Crawford is cause Crawford scores more while Rich does the little things required like he acutally makes effort on defense...and he will get down even if he knows he'll lose while Crawford shys away...all he is is a scorer and he's decent at that....this game showed positive signs we lost but we lost fighting we never let in even after we were down by 15, i say wahat hurt us was our size and our defense but the fight is a good sign...i give props to the knicks they lost but we fought as harsd as we could've on this night

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Celtics Game

That game was a disappointment. I know, we made up ground in the 4th quarter and the play was certainly better than last year's debacle, but for a good part of the game Boston's front line was Scalabrine, Powe and Glenn Davis. We were getting killed inside. D'Antoni apparently saw some positives. I certainly did not. But he is the expert, not me

Chandler made some really tough shots. Powe and Perkins kept putting in chippies. We have no inside presence at all. Zach and Lee were getting pushed around. The points in the paint spread was horrific.

Chandler was good, particularly on defense, but he needs a cross-over to complement his spin move. He had only one foul shot and missed it. He is definitely a keeper. I am not sure about any one else.

Akamu

The King
Don't forget Sir Nasty, Big Nate alone makes the game exciting to watch.

I can't see us getting into the post season without a center or some greater more intimidating presence(s) I'm still shocked that we didn't make much of any moves in the off season.

I'm certain that if we continue to have a bad streak then something will happen for sure-

WiL8000

Rotation player
With Garnett not playing, the Knicks should have seized the opportunity to score inside more than they did. I am really enjoying the progression of Wilson Chandler this season. I also liked what I saw from Nate Robinson when he was taking it to the hoop. If the rest of the team was driving the lane more and drawing fouls, they might have won this game.
If I were coach D'Antoni, I would emphasize drawing contact and putting up shot in practice. The Knicks can't live and die by the 3.

We do need another "Big" up front. We'll see if Jeffries will fill that void in a couple of weeks.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I don't know which aggrivated me the most!! Watching the Knicks lose, or having to listen to the horrible Boston announcers.I also thought the refs was terrible letting Boston grab,push,shove,hold our players exspecially on randoph.

Was it tommy heinson? I get the celtics games, and i cant stand watchin the home games because of him. The other guy, mike gorman does a great job as a broadcaster but heinson is a fat shit. If i ever saw him i would punch him in the stomach. Hes a fat old biased piece of shit.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
No "Tommy" Points for MSG

No "Tommy" points for you MSG. Heinsohn is terrible but he is not as bad as a Boston announcer who you are probably too young to know --Johnny Most. The worst "homer" in the history of sports.

By the way the lifetime shooting percentage for Heinsohn is under 40%. Cousy's is something like 37.5%. And no one played defense in those days. There was actually something called a "set-shot." Just stop, stand up, line up and shoot. And Heibnsohn complained about hand-checking in his day!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
No "Tommy" points for you MSG. Heinsohn is terrible but he is not as bad as a Boston announcer who you are probably too young to know --Johnny Most. The worst "homer" in the history of sports.

By the way the lifetime shooting percentage for Heinsohn is under 40%. Cousy's is something like 37.5%. And no one played defense in those days. There was actually something called a "set-shot." Just stop, stand up, line up and shoot. And Heibnsohn complained about hand-checking in his day!

I watched some old celtics game on nba tv that johnny most was broadcasting and i couldnt believe what i was hearing. I dont know how that guy kept his job...the game was against the pistons and he really hated them. He wasnt playin...

jpz17

Starter
update: as your game thread guy for friday.. I would like to tell everyone that Michael Redd is out day-to-day and Charlie Villinueva is day-to-day. Both will not play tomorrow vs Utah, but are still questionable for friday vs new york... lets hope both are out! if both are, milwaukee is 1-7 without redd

Was it tommy heinson? I get the celtics games, and i cant stand watchin the home games because of him. The other guy, mike gorman does a great job as a broadcaster but heinson is a fat shit. If i ever saw him i would punch him in the stomach. Hes a fat old biased piece of shit.

co-sign
starbury>>>>>heinson
GO TEAM STARBURYYYY

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
I rather they play. I want frickin revenge for that loss at the garden.. we had that shit won!

True that man, that game slipped away from us. So did the Dallas game and the Celtics game yesterday, we had a strong 4th quarter but Scalabrine (that asshole) had to hit that 3.

portega1968

El Cacique
I rather they play. I want frickin revenge for that loss at the garden.. we had that shit won!

cosign... revenge is very sweet when they have no excuses

I have Redd in my Espn League and have got nothing for like 2 weeks... with Crawford stinking it up at Boston, I'm low on 3pm this week.

Anyways, I read NYPost's Marc Berman's column today and I think this guy is risking getting mugged by ZBo next time he sees him in the locker room... check it out:

"We are sorry Richardson's and Randolph's feelings were hurt. But Pierce, Leon Powe and Eddie House can dance the salsa on the parquet floor if they so choose. They're entitled as champs, representing a franchise with 17 titles. (The Knicks have two, none in 35 years).

Richardson, owner of the NBA's worst efficiency rating last season, can do Knick fans a favor next month in Beantown by draining a bunch of those open 3-pointers he always gets. Maybe Randolph can dominate Powe in the paint. Maybe they can win a game in Boston.

Until then, they sound like just a couple of sore losers."

Straight to the gut.... a lot of truth in those words.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
smh @ us losing 2 games we shoulda had

at least q-rich kinda backed up his trash talk...not with good offense, but he did a good job of guarding pierce until the 4th. Once a player like pierce gets going its impossible to stop him, but i give q credit for gettin a hand in his face on almost every shot.

crawford played like sh!t. I really dont know what mike d'antoni sees in him

Wilson chandler was our best player...i really like what im seein from him so far this season

29.2mpg
14.6ppg
47.9 fg%
5.5rpg
1.18spg
1.5apg
.64bpg

How long until wilson is our best player, or is he already?

JayJ44

Starter

at least q-rich kinda backed up his trash talk...not with good offense, but he did a good job of guarding pierce until the 4th. Once a player like pierce gets going its impossible to stop him, but i give q credit for gettin a hand in his face on almost every shot.

Wilson chandler was our best player...i really like what im seein from him so far this season

29.2mpg
14.6ppg
47.9 fg%
5.5rpg
1.18spg
1.5apg
.64bpg

Q-Rich had a pretty good game offensively too. I think he had like 17 points. Hope he can get his shot to start falling.

I am so sick of Crawford already, I want this dude traded. He seems incapable of doing anything but chucking up bad shots off shake and bakes.

I think Z-Bo is our best player right now. I give it till February-March till Chandler is our best player. His defense is good, and he's so veratile offensively. He can shoot, get to the rim and finish. Once he gets to the foul line a little more and his shot gets a little more consistent, he should be our best player by far.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

29.2mpg
14.6ppg
47.9 fg%
5.5rpg
1.18spg
1.5apg
.64bpg

Crawford looks like he's lost out there now like he did in th preseason he's really cooled off since his hot start hope he improves his play...and MSG i think Chandler is our best player and D'Antoni is starting to realize that he's playing him more and giving him more freedom on the offensive side and he;s not disapointing him- since the Memphis game he's averaging 19 points 6 reb 1.5 ast .75 blks 1.5 stls those are some impressive numbers he's the present and the future. He's the real deal and he'll only get better as the season wears on.