Team Starbury vs Haterburys: Lets End it NOW

Describe Yourself (no homo)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimkcchief88

All Star
You're not a Knick fan, go root for a midwest team.

LJ4Pt, so what?

If you stop oblivous and realize Tim Thomas is just being a bitch.
I guess one quote from Tim Thomas tells the whole story, right?
Even Tim Thomas thought a kindly gesture from Marbury was "weird".
Please, its so pathetic how you guys desperately try to find anything.
That quote always been crap.
Tim Thomas was TERRIBLE for the Knicks, don't you remember, why the hell should we care how he was treated? He deserved to be ignored, because he ignored his teammates on the COURT(which matters most) by being a spectator.

This is where the Hateburies have failed themselves, this "lockeroom" theory has proven to be dead, especially when in the reality of sports; they have been teams who had lockroom problems but were still able to preform in the court.

Fact is:
If you have a bunch of friends playing a sport, but they have a bad performance, their social cohesion will decrease due to bad performance and losses.
If you have a bunch of strangers playing a sport, but they have a good preformance, their social cohesion will build up due to good performance and wins.

Its sad when so called Knick fans have to defend Tim Thomas out of all Knicks to protect and hold on to their personal vendetta against Marbury.

Exactly, a lot of dudes averaged career highs playing with Marbury.

Curry in 2006-07.
Channing Frye in 05-06.
Micheal ****ing Sweetney in 04-05.
Tim Thomas in 03-04.

Thats just in his Knick career, Marbury doesn't hold back guys from progressing, he's really a passive player, and thats been his weakness; knowing when to be aggressive or not. I don't think Marbury has been aggressive enough because he's been held back by guys like Brown and Isiah.

Here we go again. So I spend time posting on this site, but I'm really a Bulls
fan in disguise. That makes alot of sense. Keep earning your nickname METROTARD.

metrocard

Legend
LJ4Pt, you just repeated yourself. Way to lose a debate.

a Cheifs/Knicks fan is too weird to believe, and you're really active in this forum when the Bulls plays the Knicks + you have a soft spot for all ex Bulls on the Knicks.

Its kinda obvious now.

jimkcchief88

All Star
LJ4Pt, you just repeated yourself. Way to lose a debate.

a Cheifs/Knicks fan is too weird to believe, and you're really active in this forum when the Bulls plays the Knicks + you have a soft spot for all ex Bulls on the Knicks.

Its kinda obvious now.

Metro, the KNICKS have fans from all over the world, let alone all over the US. I am not even the only Knicks/Chiefs fan on this site. As for me posting alot when during the Knicks/Bulls, Its because I actually get to SEE the game. Hello. Long gone are the days I the Knicks were on TNT every Tuesday with Hubie Brown commentating and leading off the Sunday NBC doubleheader. Same with the ex-Bulls now on the Knicks. I have been following them for years. E-city since he graduated he was at Thornwood High and Jamal and now Duhon since they were on the Bulls. Last night I watched Michigan knock off UCLA. I AM A BASKETBALL FAN!!!

smokes

Huge Member
I love the way this thread was intended to end the done-to-death discussions and insults yet it just fuelled another 10 pages of it. Didn't see that one coming ;)

GetRealistic

Starter
I feel you LJ but in the end this arguement is pointless. I think Marbury blackmailed half the posters on here thats why they all have his back to the end.

It shows how bad things are when Marbury being part of a team that got swept out of the playoffs and immediately tailspun from there saved the franchise.

My question is if the Knicks squeak into the playoffs and get swept. Does that mean Duhon saved the Franchise?

metrocard

Legend
Metro, the KNICKS have fans from all over the world, let alone all over the US. I am not even the only Knicks/Chiefs fan on this site. As for me posting alot when during the Knicks/Bulls, Its because I actually get to SEE the game. Hello. Long gone are the days I the Knicks were on TNT every Tuesday with Hubie Brown commentating and leading off the Sunday NBC doubleheader. Same with the ex-Bulls now on the Knicks. I have been following them for years. E-city since he graduated he was at Thornwood High and Jamal and now Duhon since they were on the Bulls. Last night I watched Michigan knock off UCLA. I AM A BASKETBALL FAN!!!

I respect that.
I'm a basketball fan too, but you show too much bias to midwest/Bulls players to be considered an authentic Knick fan.
Props to Michigan, I think the Big Ten is really underrated this year in the NCAA...college basketball is going to be awesome this year, once again.

I'll stop repeating the truth when you stop making stuff up and lying to make it seem like your favorite player was actually good for the Knicks.

Marbury isn't my favorite player.
Damn, you can't even get that right.
You're repeating your opinion and statements that have been proven wrong, reread page 8.
Gracias.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I love the way this thread was intended to end the done-to-death discussions and insults yet it just fuelled another 10 pages of it. Didn't see that one coming ;)

Thats the purpose of it...and even if its failed, its limited the amount of times marburys been brought up in other threads.

trillion
adam silver
bigpat33
og knick fan
Pat
Datruth
JRG3
King Ewing

Where all these dudes at? They've been destroyin every thread with marbury hate spam. Now, as soon is i make this they disappear except bigpat 33. Hes the only one that backed up his trash talk. Where everybody else at? Yea, I thought so.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Marbury isn't my favorite player.
Damn, you can't even get that right.
You're repeating your opinion and statements that have been proven wrong, reread page 8.
Gracias.

Ummm...I read page 8 again...and I pretty much answered all your false claims. It's your opinion Mebury rebelled against Isiah to make the Knicks better, when it's fact that he blackmailed Isiah and left the team because he was getting benched. If you can't see that, then I feel sorry for you.

You sure make it seem like Mebury is your favorite player. If not Mebury, then who? And why so much gay-man love for Mebury?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I hate to reply to you lj4ptplay, i said i wasnt going to but theres 4 different storys as to what happened on that plane.

1. Marbury left the team because he was mad
2. Isiah told marbury to leave the team because he was mad at him
3. Marbury left the team to be with the family of his basketball mentor
4. Marbury and isiah were in a fist fight (i remember hearing a punch was thrown)

Towards the end of last season there was a quote from marbury denying that he blackmailed isiah. I doubt he did in the 1st place, but the fact that theres hundred of articles on how he did blackmail isiah, and its almost impossible to find that one where he finally spoke for himself....tells you that the media really has it out for him. I tried for 10 minutes to find that article. But i highly doubt that any 30 year old pro basketball player would blackmail their coach.

metrocard

Legend
I hate to reply to you lj4ptplay, i said i wasnt going to but theres 4 different storys as to what happened on that plane.

1. Marbury left the team because he was mad
2. Isiah told marbury to leave the team because he was mad at him
3. Marbury left the team to be with the family of his basketball mentor
4. Marbury and isiah were in a fist fight (i remember hearing a punch was thrown)

Towards the end of last season there was a quote from marbury denying that he blackmailed isiah. I doubt he did in the 1st place, but the fact that theres hundred of articles on how he did blackmail isiah, and its almost impossible to find that one where he finally spoke for himself....tells you that the media really has it out for him. I tried for 10 minutes to find that article. But i highly doubt that any 30 year old pro basketball player would blackmail their coach.

Thats the business right there.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
had marbury left taking a little less money i'd say he hasn't been a complete let down for the knicks..but the fact is he had his worst year ever last year, he didn't do much of anything for the knicks (as far as going places) of his time here, and is now dragging the knicks down with him; showing he really doesn't care about ny or the team; he cares about his money....looking back on it, he didn't do much of anything for the knicks that's proved worthwhile...