Yankees offer A.J Burnett 5 years 80 million

Paul1355

All Star
The Yankees are making big moves this off season and now it just got bigger

About a week ago the Yankees offered Ace Starting Pitcher C.C Sabathia a 6 year offer for 140 million dollars. Recently their have been reports that will most likely come true of the Yankees offering A.J Burnett a 5 year deal worth 80 million dollars.

The Yankees suffered last season in the starting rotation with Sidney Ponson and Darrel Rasner being their 4 and 5 pitchers. With Wang and possibly Joba starting this upcoming season, expect a dangerous Yankee rotation.

Burnett information is here >
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news...t_id=3683306&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

KBlack25

Starter
I'm worried about Burnett's shoulder. In addition Burnett had something like a 1.33 ERA v. the Yankees and Boston. Everyone else hammered him.

In comparison though, it's similar in terms of length and price to what Dempster got, and if that's the going rate for a pitcher of the caliber of Dempster, I don't have a problem paying Burnett. I just hope it's not Pavano II...

Paul1355

All Star
A little info on Burnett

It sounds like people aren't very high on Burnett. I am for one because he strikes out a lot of batters and can mantain and ERA at 4.

Last years numbers were one of his best.

18 - 10 with an ERA of 4.07 and 231 strikeouts.

He is not declinging at all as a pitcher. By looking at his career stats, he is a pretty sold pitcher.

He has a career ERA of 3.81 and is 87-76 total but people have to remember that most of his career he played with the Florida Marlins then went to the Toronto Blue Jays who have either sucked or been a .500 team. Burnett finally has a good team to play on so his numbers should be good and he can be a great 3rd man in our rotation behind Wang and possibly CC Sabathia.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Do we really have to invest 16 MIll for 5 years? I mean c'mon for what i know he can turn into another Carl Pavano. He has a record. I hear he is about to decline the offer anyways so i am not that much worried.

Paul1355

All Star
Yankees might not offer Burnett after all

Do we really have to invest 16 MIll for 5 years? I mean c'mon for what i know he can turn into another Carl Pavano. He has a record. I hear he is about to decline the offer anyways so i am not that much worried.

Apparently Burnett might not be signed by the yankees. The deals are looking cold, meaning they might not happen.

They might just look at either Derek Lowe, Ben Sheets, Jake Peavy or resigning Andy Pettite.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news...t_id=3688765&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy