Al Harrington trade for Jamal Crawford, CRAWFUL IS GONE!!!

Akamu

The King
The Golden State Warriors and New York Knicks have received league approval to complete a trade that will swap disgruntled Warriors forward Al Harrington for Knicks guard Jamal Crawford.
ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher confirmed the league's signoff after reporting early Friday morning that the teams were nearing completion on a deal featuring Harrington and Crawford.
Although neither team has commented, NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com that the deal involves no other players and will be formally announced later Friday.
3268.jpg
Harrington

<!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (BEGIN) -->
3407.jpg
Crawford

<!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (END) -->Harrington went public with a trade demand just before the start of the season after privately urging Golden State to move him for months. New York had immediate interest, seeing the versatile and mobile Harrington as an ideal frontcourt fit in new coach Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo system.
<!-- begin whole table -->
<!-- begin top part --> <table class="left" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- end whole table --> Knicks president Donnie Walsh, furthermore, might be Harrington's biggest fan in the league; he drafted the 28-year-old in 1998 and brought him back to Indiana in a deal with Atlanta in the summer of 2006. But Harrington's second stint with the Pacers lasted only a half-season before he was dealt to Golden State in January 2007, along with Stephen Jackson. Reuniting with Harrington will come at a cost for Walsh: It will require the Knicks to part with Crawford, their leading scorer and another player they had pegged to flourish under D'Antoni. The Warriors, according to NBA front-office sources, see Crawford as a versatile guard who, although not a pure floor leader, can function well in coach Don Nelson's system while Monta Ellis recovers from ankle surgery -- and in tandem with Ellis once he returns. Yet it's believed that Walsh has multiple motivations for re-acquiring one of his favorites. Another sizable lure is Harrington's contract, which pays him $9.2 million this season, $10 million next season and expires after the 2009-10 campaign. That meshes with New York's intent to slice payroll and get as far under the salary cap as possible for the highly anticipated free-agent summer of 2010 to join the bidding for Cleveland's LeBron James. Crawford is scoring 19.6 points per game this season after averaging a career-best 20.6 points per game and 5.0 assists last season. Assuming Crawford declines a player option to become a free agent in July 2009, his deal would run through the 2010-11 season, paying $8.6 million this season, $9.4 million in 2009-10 and $10 million in 2010-11. Harrington has played only five games this season, averaging 12.4 points and 5.6 rebounds before missing Golden State's past six games with a back injury. Nelson told ESPN.com on the first weekend of the season that the Warriors would "try to accommodate" Harrington, but not when the Knicks were looking to part with center Eddy Curry as opposed to Crawford. Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. ESPN The Magazine senior writer Ric Bucher contributed to this report.

<!-- end story body --> Related Topics: NBA, New York Knicks, Golden State Warriors, Al Harrington, Jamal Crawford

xpaceeeeesk9.jpg

It's about dang time, Jamal Crawford clean out your locker and GTFO!!!

jesusgtfoep4.gif

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
We lose scoring, but add a better defender and another guy to rotate down low. A down low rotation of Lee, Randolph, Jefferies, and Harrington ain't to bad.

The real question is with Marbury and Crawford gone what is there left to talk about on this forum?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
:lol: akamu has some of the best gifs :lol:

Its great to see crawford gone. Hes been defensively challenged his whole career. His offense is inconsistent and im glad to see hes no longer our problem.

Crawford is a born loser

Akamu

The King
We lose scoring, but add a better defender and another guy to rotate down low. A down low rotation of Lee, Randolph, Jefferies, and Harrington ain't to bad.

The real question is with Marbury and Crawford gone what is there left to talk about on this forum?

Come on GetReal you of all people she be more optimistic towards this move. Rejoice! This was bound to happen sooner or later, I'm surprised it took so long.

Trust me there will always be plenty to discuss-

sjmp

Rookie
Why all the hating on Crawford. He was fine as a knick. At least he was coherent and a team player. People here saying thank God and he is a cancer... you are a joke. Craw did all he was asked for on the knicks. and with physco marbury around he had to do a lot of different things.

And the real question here is - whats up with harrington's back. is it really bad

GetRealistic

Starter
Hey i agree with the move 100%. Talent wise the players are pretty even in my mind. Crawford has more offense but Harrington has more size and defensive ability. Another plus is Harrington has been playing in Golden State the last few years and shouldn't take long for him to adjust to an uptempo style.

Walsh despite the doubters is slowly working this team into shape. If he can continue to build up Randolphs trade value we will really be on the right track.

My point was the forum is divided into two main topics. Stephon Marbury and Crawford now that there basically both gone what will people have to bitch about.

GetRealistic

Starter
Harringtons back is fine from my understanding. With his bad relationship with Don Nelson and a request for a trade they used the back as a excuse to put him on reserve.

JayJ44

Starter
Why all the hating on Crawford. He was fine as a knick. At least he was coherent and a team player. People here saying thank God and he is a cancer... you are a joke. Craw did all he was asked for on the knicks. and with physco marbury around he had to do a lot of different things.

And the real question here is - whats up with harrington's back. is it really bad

Who called him a cancer? It takes more to be a good NBA player than to be a team player. Crawford had horrible shot selection and refused to penetrate to the rim for easy baskets or free throws. Plus, his defense was horrible.

I have heard that Harrington's back thing was just an excuse for him to stay away from the team.

Akamu

The King

Jamal Crawford was trash and needed to go and his poor play has been justified by this move, end of story, go read the Jamal Crawford Sucks thread for more information-

Hey i agree with the move 100%. Talent wise the players are pretty even in my mind. Crawford has more offense but Harrington has more size and defensive ability. Another plus is Harrington has been playing in Golden State the last few years and shouldn't take long for him to adjust to an uptempo style.

Walsh despite the doubters is slowly working this team into shape. If he can continue to build up Randolphs trade value we will really be on the right track.

My point was the forum is divided into two main topics. Stephon Marbury and Crawford now that there basically both gone what will people have to bitch about.

I agree Walsh is slowly weeding out players to change our direction.

Starbury is not playing, fine that is ok I can't do anything about that I just have to trust what the Mike and Walsh are doing.

I wanted him to play, and it is still quite possible but even though he probably won't I won't rule it out until he is actually off the team.

He still will be brought up as a great Knick player despite his differences with the coaches if that is what you were hoping didn't happen-

:gony:

TunerAddict

Starter
My sig says what I think about this trade....

But damn....Now if he is gone, I'm going to need to make a new sig!!!!

Damn it! Whose picture can I put FAIL on now? Malik? But he doesn't play a whole lot....Curry! Thats it....Alright....I'll get working on Curry....

Toons

is the Bo$$
in this time, you all can be glad he's gone, but he was instrumental to our good start. we only can wait and see if the trade was really worth it

JayJ44

Starter
My sig says what I think about this trade....

But damn....Now if he is gone, I'm going to need to make a new sig!!!!

Damn it! Whose picture can I put FAIL on now? Malik? But he doesn't play a whole lot....Curry! Thats it....Alright....I'll get working on Curry....

Maybe your sig could contain a player you actually like? Just a thought... lol

Akamu

The King
We still have more moves to do so it's far from over yet. Let's see what will come out of this-

Toons

is the Bo$$
Jamal Crawford was trash and needed to go and his poor play has been justified by this move, end of story, go read the Jamal Crawford Sucks thread for more information-

I agree Walsh is slowly weeding out players to change our direction.

Starbury is not playing, fine that is ok I can't do anything about that I just have to trust what the Mike and Walsh are doing.

I wanted him to play, and it is still quite possible but even though he probably won't I won't rule it out until he is actually off the team.

He still will be brought up as a great Knick player despite his differences with the coaches if that is what you were hoping didn't happen-

:gony:

Maybe you should take a step out of ko.com and see how happy warrior fans are that we took on their headache. Post like these take away credit from marbury worshipers. you dont even possess the ability to give credit when it is due. Crawford had 2 off games this season. He played really well so far.

JRG3

Benchwarmer
Agreed....Its great for golden state because we picked up there STephon Marbury lol we won so far this year thanks to crawford and randolph and both will be traded. It really shoes how serious Walsh and dantoni are about 2010 and not caring this year.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
yea anyone who is trying to say crawford wasn't playing well is just trying to find a stupid way to justify this trade; which was made for no other reason then to cut the salary cap number...don't try to pawn it off as harrington being better or being crawford not preforming, we all know crawford is better then harrington and the move was done as everyother move seems to be done, for the almighty slary cap that we think needs to be down to get someone who may not even want to come here, lj....you can hate on craw all ya want, but don't pretend like the knicks are better off now

portega1968

El Cacique

Where's Chandler in that equation? People think that he's being used as a SF, but D'Antoni has been using him as the starting PF and I believe will continue to do so until Jeffries comes back. I think Harrington will be pegged at the SF spot with Chandler at the 4 and Zach in the middle.

When Jeffries comes back (D'Antoni wants him in the middle) I think there is gonna be a logjam.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i like harrington and all dat but without marbury or crawford, who going break down the defense???

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
thats one gone only a matter of time till Curry-and-Z-Bo get to steppin...although i got respect for Z-Bo this year he played hard and i tip my hat to him:beer:...

make sure you dont hurt yourself on the way out Crawford