D'antoni says Steph refused to play

LJ4ptplay

Starter
So you gained respect for a guy that bailed on his teammates. He can hate D'Antoni and he can hate Walsh but he bailed on his teammates. He left hes teammates high and dry to playing with only 7 players. I guess thats how he proves once and for all hes a bad teammate.

Also this really makes his free agency value sky rocket after hearing this nonsense do you really think any team is going to touch him.

And honestly what can this guy do to make you not like him. He gets paid 40 million dollars and hes a changed man whose done all the right things yet he refuses to play. This guy can just do no wrong to you people huh.

Pretty much.

Mebury doing something selfish and only thinking for himself? He's never done anything like that before. *sarcasm*

I wonder how they would react if Curry or Jerome James refused to play. Total hypocrites.

Mebury lovers are ridiculous. They will misconstrue everything to make it look like he is a good person. Even the last time Mebury bailed on his teammates, they said he was rebelling against Isiah for the betterment of the Knick franchise. Hahahhahaha! SMH.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I'm kind of mixed on this one as Marbury has been negated all season long, and the only reason why he was offered the time is because they lacked bodies.

On the other hand, they just traded Mardy, so if i remember D'Antoni said that if one of their PG got injured he would get playing time. He didn't get injured but will no longer be on the roster. Marbury loves playing ball, this would've been the perfect time to showcase himself and prove many doubters wrong. He had a chance to redeem himslef and possibly play for the rest of the season. With collins gone, I feel that the spot opened for Marbs to play the rest of the way.

D'Antoni handled it well. Unfortunately, Starbury just made it official that he will never suit up in blue and orange again.

Trin_Starr

Starter
OG knick fan is right.

Everyone needs to know the full story before making opinions based on the half truths put in the papers.

D'Antoni has motherf#cked Marbury since the season started...all that he's too good to play spot mins is a bunch of shit. The dude has a vendetta against marbury and that's it. He should just say he's not playing him because of that and not make any excuses.

Now the conversation everyone read in the papers went like this:
D'Antoni: JC is gone - we need you to play 30 mins tonight.
Steph: Sounds good and that way I'll work back myself back into the rotation.
D'Antoni: Actually you are not in the main plans - we just need you to be a filler tonight. Once the new guys come, you'll be back on the inactive list.

Now tell me how would you react to that situation?

Starks

Starter
shit for 21.9 million dollars...if I'm running the show I say I don't give a rats ass if your feelings are hurt, it's your damn job to play basketball and I'm demanding you to suit and play. If not, get the hell outa my face. Your fired.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Only on this site will this debate never end. I have conflicting thoughts regarding this situation. On one hand D'Antoni's being kind of a dick not giving any playing time to Marbury. On the other hand, there's a lot we don't know. I think D'Antoni has some hard feelings toward Marbury due to some old Phoenix stuff. Marbury makes enemies everywhere he goes. At the same token, it's a coaches prerogative to play whom ever he wants.

That being said, Marbury had an opportunity to be the bigger man, and to show that he could be above the petty shit that D'Antoni is on by showing up for his team. Instead he chose not to play and he is now officially dead in New York. As a player your job is to play when the coach asks you to, period...

Can't say that I blame Marbury for refusing to play. It's not easy to be the bigger person. That shit sounds like something my grandmother would say but there's a lot of truth to it.

Paul1355

All Star
its wrong from both sides. Marbury has said countless times that he will lay back and wait for the oppurtunity to play. The oppurtunity was given to him and he started bitching just like he did with Isiah last year.

Mike D was wrong by telling Steph games before that he isn't part of the plans and by benching him this year.

Is Steph wrong for making this decision?

Matter of opinion....the guy is getting paid 20 million to play basketball and he is refusing to play. No matter if you love Marbury or not...its his job...our organizations money and it is being wasted even when we WANT to use him.

Kind of ironic how Steph says that its the coaches choice if he wants to play or not...and then when Mike D wants him to play he says NO......either Mike D isnt telling us something or Steph is different behind closed doors.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury isn't wrong at all.
Knicks organization is too shady to Marbury.

Marbury just contradicted Toni. D'Atoni is being a conniving bitch.

He told Marbuy he wasn't part of the time.
Demanded Marbury to take a paycut to LEAVE.
You're short of players and Marbury is open to play.
Toni offered Marbury 35 minutes to play
Why does Marbury have to get on his knees for D'Antoni's release? Mike already humiliated Marbury by not activating Steph.
D'Antoni gave him the option to play tonight. He had a right to decline
LOL @ D'Antoni crawling back to Marbury...how unprofessional can you get?

Let Marbury be.
A professional cannot take so much embarrassment within the first 10 games of the NBA season, seriously.
I wouldn't be made if Marbury chokes the shit out of D'Antoni for all this unethical decisions he's made concerning Marbury's playing time.

29y615c.gif

Nonsense.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
shit for 21.9 million dollars...if I'm running the show I say I don't give a rats ass if your feelings are hurt, it's your damn job to play basketball and I'm demanding you to suit and play. If not, get the hell outa my face. Your fired.
f**king A. If they write into my contract, I have to sweep out the locker room after every game, I sweep out the locker room for 21.9M or in Steph's case I have one of my entourage do it. If D'antoni wanted to press the issue, he could fine and suspend Mebury if he wanted to but he won't. Its gotten out of hand so something has to happen in the next week, if the Knicks want to be vindictive they send him home and he doesn't play anywhere for the rest of the year. If they don't, they buy him out giving him a chance to play for another team. If it was me, I don't want Steph making a bucket for an EC team that eliminates me from the playoffs. I send him home, pay him and forget about him for the rest of the year.

metrocard

Legend
24yearbook-2.190.jpg

I guess now we all know who's giving you "neck during halftime."

Why are you googling pics of a homosexual minorities making out?
Its not the right time to come out the closet.
Post a picture of your fat depressing self for us to laugh and ridicule at.
You get mad pussy right? Lets see the fotos of the chicas your piping, ight b? All talk, but no walk.
Afraid? Or do you feel more comfortable checking out the gay demographic on google, especially since homosexual gay minority men turn you on.
Sad sad man.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

Why does Marbury have to get on his knees for D'Antoni's release? Mike already humiliated Marbury by not activating Steph.

Let Marbury be.
A professional cannot take so much embarrassment within the first 10 games of the NBA season, seriously.
I wouldn't be made if Marbury chokes the shit out of D'Antoni for all this unethical decisions he's made concerning Marbury's playing time.

29y615c.gif

Nonsense.

Couldnt have said it better myself.:aplause:

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Yes he is. You can't bitch and moan about playing time and then not play because you got your feelings hurt. You're making $20mil. Play or shut up.
Why don't you cry about it?

Do you know what contradicted means? I don't think you do.

I doubt he "crawled back" to him. He gave him the option to play. Marbury was a bitch and told him no. That's Marbury's bad, not D'Antoni's. It doesn't really matter as I'm sure D'Antoni has assurances he won't be let go for bad records now that they're just clearing cap space until 2010. This would've been a showcase for Marbury to show he can still play. Might have even led to him getting traded. But he had to be a little bitch and not play.

Let Marbury be.
crying_baby.jpg

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
:boohoo:

I don't carry pictures around, and I don't feel I have to prove shit to a little herb, like you. My people know I get girls, any clown can do that. You talk about it so much that it must be BS. More importantly, though, you're a jerk. I guarantee anyone on here that you've gotten stomped out, running your mouth in the hood.

Little victim, don't mess with a villain, they'll find you in a dumpster, with MSG's "evidence" all over your face.

easyrider

Rookie
From overseas, this situation is just ridiculous...
Marbury is a professionnal, he's got millions a year, he has to play right?
I remember being happy when he came, later we i stayed in Canada people seing the Knicks closer than me told me this man was a joke...
I can see it very clear now.

metrocard

Legend
They said you were a faggot Spurs fan who everyone thinks is a joke.
Marbury had a disagreement on what level of faggot you were.
Therefor D'Antoni benched him in disagreement.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
They said you were a faggot Spurs fan who everyone thinks is a joke.
Marbury had a disagreement on what level of faggot you were.
Therefor D'Antoni benched him in disagreement.
You sure like calling people fat, ugly, and "faggots". It's ok man, we won't think less of you if you just admit you're projecting.

metrocard

Legend
You still depressed man?
Take it easy on yourself.
Don't focus so much on your stress and frustration.
It'll be okay.