VS.

The Washington Wizards
washington_wizards.jpg
:td:

AT:
msg.jpg

The most famous arena in the world

Intro:

Tonight's game comes after last night's loss to the Bucks, and the second night where we will see the shorthanded Knicks, and first at home.

This is all following the news that G Jamal Crawford, C/F Zach Randolph, and G Mardy Collins had been traded to Golden State, and the LA Clippers respectively.

On a different note, last night did note the first time since the season opener that G Stephon Marbury was active, even though he did not make an appearance.

If you happened to miss last night's game versus the Bucks, you're lucky. It was a shit fest. Yet if you really want to give it a look, look no further than here;

The question for tonight's game against the (1-9) Washington Wizards is, "Can we bounce back?!"

First lets look at a few key statistical facts from last night's game:

1. Last night marked the first time that G Chris Duhon scored 20+ points as a Knick, yet it also marked the first time that he had more turnovers than assists.

2. The Knicks only dressed 8 players, playing 7. It is unlikely that this will change as Jerome James remains out with "Family Matters," Eddy Curry remains out with a sore knee, Danilo Gallanari remains out with a sore back, and Jared Jeffries' leg remains broken.

3. Forwards Quentin Richardson and Wilson Chandler combined for 14 points on 5 for 26 shooting in the losing effort against the Bucks.

4. The team shot 33.3% while holding the Bucks to 47.1% shooting.

5. The team as a whole shot a dismal 16% from beyond the arc, going 4 for 25.
Pregame Predictions:

The New York Knick Starting Lineup:

At Pointguard:

chris_duhon-arton20945-240x240.jpg

Chris Duhon

At Shooting Guard:

ilmnaterobinson.jpg

Nate Robinson

At Small Forward(AKA Brick Forward):

brandy%28left%29&quentin_richardson%28right%29-004-med-small.jpg

Quentin Richardson

At Power Forward:

migdal2.jpg

Wilson Chandler

And

At Center:

hot-USC-cheerleaders.jpg
david-lee.jpg
cheerleaders.jpg

David Lee

The Starting Lineup for the Washington Wizards:

F Caron Butler C JaVale Mcgee F Antawn Jamison
3608.jpg
javale-mcgee.jpg
thumbnail.jpg

3422.jpg
dee_brown.jpg

G Deshawn Stevenson G Dee Brown

TunerAddict's Prediction:

Knicks 93, Wizards 102

Player Matchups:

At Pointguard:
415645104_1acc8677cf_m.jpg
267053.jpg

Chris Duhon vs Dee Brown

This matchup pits two former great college pointguard against each other, even though neither has found great success in the NBA.

Coach Eddie Jordan has elevated Dee into the starting lineup as of late, but to many its a real mystery. All indicators show him to be a great college player who lacks both the size and skill to be an effective pro. However, the same can be said about Duhon.

Don't look for a big scoring night from either of these two men, maybe a few assists and a few turnovers, but no much from either of these former college greats.

Verdict:
Tie

At Shooting Guard:

Nate_Robinson_250.jpg
deshawn-stevenson-black-card.jpg

Nate Robinson vs. Deshawn Stevenson

Nate had a poor shooting night last night and don't expect that to change. Deshawn Stevenson is an underrated defender and with his height advantage, should give Nate problems.

Neither player will score a whole lot, but Nate will take more shots. Deshawn never turned out to be the 20ppg scorer they thought he'd be when he was drafted out of HS, but hes made a name for himself defensively in the last couple years.

Verdict:
Advantage Wizards

At Small Forward:

Quentin_Richardson_250.jpg
caron_butler_posterizing_a_grizz.jpg

Quentin Richardson vs. Caron Butler

While Quentin Richardson had shown in his time with the Knicks that he can be a good defender, don't expect it tonight as Caron Butler should destroy him. But then again, he normally destroys everyone. Expect a few mid range jumpshots in Q's face and some uncontested drives.

Verdict:
Advantage Wizards

At Power Forward:

act_wilson_chandler.jpg
jamison_antawn0828.jpg

Wilson Chandler vs. Antawn Jamison

As good as Chandler has been playing, he had a rough night last night. Expect him to bounce back offensively and take it to rim more.

Jamison is a 20 and 10 guy who can bang inside or take it out. Expect him to sit around his season average offensively.

Verdict:
Tie

At Center:

knicks.jpg
JMCGEEMEDIUM3.JPG

David Lee vs. JaVale McGee

Hey! It rhymes!

JaVale McGee is looking good for a rookie and has a clear advantage in both height and athletic ability. However, he does have the young man's tendency to try and showboat as we saw in the first game as he missed easy dunks because he tried to showboat.

David Lee may be outmatched height wise, but look for him to take it at McGee. He may not have the physical presence but he will still work hard to help his team and show everyone why Knicks fans love him.

Both guys will rebound and get baskets off penetration or from offensive bounds, but don't look for either to create their own shot a lot. McGee can shoot some 15 footers, but so can Lee. Lee has a tendency to post up and try a hook shot this season, but McGee's height may inhibit this and deter him posting up.

Don't expect a huge offensive night from either of these guys. They may very well suprise me and end up with 20+, but it mostly likely won't be their own doing and be caused by either the constant airballs of teammates, or the penetration of a number of Wizards players, or the pentration of Duhon, Nate, or Wilson.

Verdict:
Tie

Key Matchup:

None!

Knicks are going to get scrubbed tonight and there isn't a real key matchup that is going to be the factor between a win and a loss.

Pressure Player of the Game:

tc03_q_rich.jpg

Q

Guy has been pure shit as of late. Expect him to play a great game tonight or get relegated to the bench when the new guys arrive. D loves him, but he knows he can't take much more of his awful performance.

Its do or die for Q Rich tonight, this game is for his spot in the starting lineup.

Now for some music:

Take you choice;

Poppy Fun:

Old School Hip-Hop:

Hard Rock:

And the Video of the Day:

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Great Thread, JPZ 17!
Another loss for the Knicks. The Knicks will be 6-7, after Saturday.

portega1968

El Cacique
ROFL with that Chandler pic

Will Stephon get booed at the Garden given the controversy over him supposedly not wanting to play?

Back to back with seven players... frikin marathon.

QRich will bustout and have 40 points... or we can be real and accept the fact that he'll continue to suck very badly and miss key shots and even the rim a couple of times. Shit, I'd even give his minutes to Roberson cause QRich, like Stephon and everyone else not named Chandler or Gallinari, wont be here after the summer of 2010. Inactivate his ass ASAP!!!

Let's not even talk about our 7th man Malik Rose.

Allan Houston, please suit up for 24 hours.

Or maybe we can finish buying out Stephon ASAP and watch Patrick Ewing Jr. get a standing ovation in his 1st game as a Knick!!!

Losing with the Wiz would mean being under .500 again ahead of integrating 3 new players as we head into the Tuesday's Lebron game.

Knicks 97 Wiz 85

jpz17

Starter
NO ABCD! NO! YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT! NO! anyways... tuner, sorry, but I said I had to approve it first... thanks for showin it to me............(as i say sarcastically) abcd, this is definitely not one of my signiture game threads...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
were gonna get smacked tomorrow and im glad i was out and didnt watch that brickfest of a basketball game...but i doubt any of the new guys play 2morrow...buy out Marbs already and get Ewing Jr. back im counting down the days till his return

portega1968

El Cacique
Your NY Knicks

knicks.gif

VS.
Great Thread, JPZ 17!

NO ABCD! NO! YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT! NO! anyways... tuner, sorry, but I said I had to approve it first... thanks for showin it to me............(as i say sarcastically) abcd, this is definitely not one of my signiture game threads...

Sorry, but I must laugh, this is classic comedy.​

jpz17

Starter
lol heres my game thread for was vs knicks

NOVGAME_SLIDERS_1122.jpg

knicks are tired, and limited to 8 people

thanks, jpz17!
go knicks!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
tuners thread is looking good so far lets give him a shot and see how the completed thread will look like.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
given how bad the wizards are, i expect nothing more then we saw last night if we have the same line up, unfortunately

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
dont work too hard tuner...the wizards suck and we most likely will suck too. Im not a fan of a game thread approval...as long as it has starting lineups, a couple of pics, and a brief description of our opponents im cool with that. What tuner did is good...except that pic of david lee. Put some chearleaders on it or sumthin, theres only 1 female poster thats lasted on this site.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
will the new dudes play 2day or they'll have to wait till tuesday vs Cav's? dont know if i wanna watch this game loll

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Great Thread, JPZ 17!

:lol::lol::lol:

good thread jpz!!! :lol:

jus playin

TunerAddict

Starter
will the new dudes play 2day or they'll have to wait till tuesday vs Cav's? dont know if i wanna watch this game loll

They will be at MSG according to sources, but they won't play. Physicals aren't scheduled until Sunday. They will be good to go Tuesday, however.

JayJ44

Starter
Q-Rich is on fire, can't miss from 3 point range. I like how aggressive Chandler has been. He's already been to the free throw line twice.

TunerAddict

Starter
I said Q would have to play a great game and he is. 6 for 7 from beyond the arc in the first quarter...

I'm impressed with how the Knicks are playing so far...