Where do we go from here?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
That's good to know. Its gonna be f'ed up for ricky though. Being able to get 3mil per if he's top 3 but with the contract issue he's gonna slip to like 1 mil a year

Paul1355

All Star
lmao Chris Paul isnt going anywhere. He is that team. He scores and makes other people score...what more can you ask for?

He is the franchise player and he will never be traded unless it is for a Lebron James or Kobe Bryant.

AND HE WILL NEVER be waived or let go because of money...the Hornets, if they had a brain, would get rid of some players just to afford Chris Paul.

jpz17

Starter
lmao Chris Paul isnt going anywhere. He is that team. He scores and makes other people score...what more can you ask for?

He is the franchise player and he will never be traded unless it is for a Lebron James or Kobe Bryant.

AND HE WILL NEVER be waived or let go because of money...the Hornets, if they had a brain, would get rid of some players just to afford Chris Paul.

:agreed:said it great!!!

metrocard

Legend
Stick to the 2010 plan. I don't want to sign anybody of circumstance over the mid level exception this coming summer. Just let it play it. I know everybody thinks were going to be god awful after the trades. But talent wise we are as good as the team before the trades if not better because of the defense we have added. I personally see us competing for an 8th seed and winning around 35-39 games and keeping us interested until the last few weeks of the season.

I love Chris Paul and he's a great player but flaws or not Lebron James is an better player who will only get better. The guy already has a finals appearence with basically zero supporting cast and is on pace to have the only team that can give the Celtics a legit challenge this year. Two more years of seasoning and post season battles will only make Lebron a more complete player.

I think MSG said that Lebron doesn't post up, but if you do remember MJ didn't become a big time post player until after his stint in baseball when he began to lose some agility. Also with Lebron's Linebacker like size he'd basically be able to play every position on the court and thats an amazing asset. Also Lebron will only be 26 when he signs with us giving us if we played our cards right 10 years of being a legit contender.

I'm with everybody that Thabeet would be a great pick but i'm starting to believe we'll be picking in the 10-15th pick range not the 5-10 pick range. Hopefully we get lucky and pull a early pick if we do miss the playoffs but i think we'll have a record that keeps us out of the Thabeet conversation.

There are some guys who could deffinatley help us right away or in 2010 in the 10-15th pick range.

Darren Collison - super quick and good defender
Stephen Curry - probably undersized but legit shooter
Tyler Hansbrough - Underrated by scouts but most likely 2 time national player of the year. (perfect Lee replacement if you trade Lee with Curry)
Tyreke Evans - Haven't seen him play but he took Derrick Rose's spot at Memphis
Ty Lawson- Quickest guard in college basketball
Patrick Patterson- KU big man

All of these guys will be ranging around the 15-25 spots in the draft.