And the Knicks Backup Center is.....

Who should backup lee? (no homo)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
In my opinion david lee is a power forward whos capable of playin center against some teams. With Zach Randolph gone, who should be our backup center?

Tim thomas - One of the tallest players on the team, but he plays more like a guard

Eddy Curry - Fat, useless

Jerome James - see eddy curry

Jared Jeffries - skinny weak scrub

Very tough to chose but i gotta go with jared jeffries, at least he can get up and down the court unlike jerome and Eddy. Tim thomas has no business playin center, even though i see D'antoni occasionally giving thomas maybe 5 minutes when we play small ball.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I didnt think of Al...probably because he only averages 5 rebounds a game. But thats about what tim thomas averages, and jared jeffries once averages 5.2 rebounds per game. Smh @ the knicks being the worst reboundin team in the league

*edit*

Al harrington is capable of averaging 6-7 rebounds a game if he gets the minutes

Kiyaman

Legend
Lets see here.... Timmy Thomas, Al Harrington, Jefferies, and David Lee were drafted into the NBA as SF.
Each of those players natural position is at SF.... inwhich the only one out of the 4 players that could dominate the PF position for 30 mpg is David Lee.

Are the 4 players above supposed to teach our soft bum rookie Gallinari how to play the SF/PF position NBA style this season? that's the only reason I could find for Jefferies, Harrington, and Timmy being in a Knick uniform.

Project Curry is still the Knicks only legit Center so why hav'nt Walsh hired some Bigmen coaches to train him throughout this season....he is being paid $10M per for the next 3 seasons.

Dantoni coaching career in the NBA has yet to show he could coach a dominating center....he is a two-PF frontcourt coach.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think Jared Jeffries should start. Mike D'Antoni likes him, so he might as well play him. Plus, he's the only center that can play defense on our roster. Unless you count Jerome James.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I think Jared Jeffries should start. Mike D'Antoni likes him, so he might as well play him. Plus, he's the only center that can play defense on our roster. Unless you count Jerome James.

im guessing he will but then where would al go and chandler go?

Duhon
Mobley
Q-Rich
Chandler
Jeffries

we should start Al im interested to see our lineup after Jeffries is back

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
im guessing he will but then where would al go and chandler go?

Duhon
Mobley
Q-Rich
Chandler
Jeffries

we should start Al im interested to see our lineup after Jeffries is back

I LL GO WITH A LINE UP LIKE THIS

PG DUHON/NATE
SG MOBLEY/ROBERSON
SF Q-RICH/THOMAS
PF HARRINGTON/CHANDLER
C JEFFRIES/D-LEE

IF CURRY EVER GET BACK INTO (SHAPE)ROTATION I'LL PLAY HIM GET HIM SOME VALUE AND DUMP HIM AS WELL COMES FEBRUARY.

PG DUHON/NATE
SG MOBLEY/Q-RICH/ROBERSON
SF CHANDLER/THOMAS
PF HARRINGTON/D-LEE/ROSE
C CURRY/JEFFRIES