We are the Best Fans of any team of any Sport!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Look I don't know if we will ever land Lebron James, but if we do I imagine there are going to be 1 million new Knick fans over night! But I do know that better days are among us and New Knick fans will be coming so I had to dedicate a thread to us for being here for the hard times. I remember when we made our last run to The Finals after being a 8th seed and all of a sudden everyone became fans in a instance and you know what....it made me sick! Because real loyal fans like us got lost in the shuffle a bit. But the major difference between us and them is we also followed the team just as hard all the way back down to the bottom. We stayed loyal through the stagnant Layden administration. We cheered as that same Finals Team went from Ewing,H20,LJ,Spree,and Camby, to Lee Nailon,Shandon Anderson,Clearence Witherspoon, etc. We've seen legendary coaches like Pat Riley and my man Jeff Van Gundy become Don Cheaney,Lenny Wilkens and we still cheered after every win and took every loss to heart. We became worst than a bad team under Layden, we became a completley irrelevant team. Stephon Marbaury's trade brought life back to The Garden in 2004 a new era seemed to be among us! And again the fly by night fans were back but ofcourse retreated when things got rocky. Isiah took us from an irrelevant team to a laughing stock with bad trades,lost draft picks, and ofcourse The Anucha Brown Saunders case. True to form us real fans supported this team faithfully.

Now it appears that better days are among us so we'll have to make room for the new wave of fans who will say they have been down forever, but have to Google Bernard King, couldnt tell you who Trent Tucker was or three bench players from early 90's team. We'll have to accept them, but, hopefully Metro or Get Real can create a clever Knick name (get it!) for them to keep them seperate from the real supporters.

Think about it 246 Game Threads have been created in the last 3 years and only 79 of those have been for games won, yet we post atleast 35 replies to everyone of them! Look that's loyalty like you'll find no where else in sports.We have a couple more years of being at the bottom so lets not get ahead of ourselves, but we can now see the light at the end of the tunnel and it isnt an on coming train! So be it Team Starbaury,Isiah supporter (or Isiahsexual), it's been fun cheering with you during this rough stretch in Knicks history and our loyalty through these times will make winning all the more sweet!

:gony: For Life!

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
id say we have the most passionate and loyal fans in the NBA...but of all sports id guess the yankees or sox

Pricey

Rotation player
i reckon in the NBA for sure but not in all sports.

i would say there are a few premier league sides that are bigger like Manchester United and Liverpool

Dirk

Benchwarmer
best fan in nba yes but not in all sport, look at soccer fan, especially derby game like Barcelone vs Real madrid, Boca Juniors vs River Plate, Mancheste United vs Man City, Liverpool vs Everton, Arsenal vs Tottenham, fans die in game like this

or go to places like brazil, turkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBBPoyXEOhM

boca vs river omg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aET5mTezkPI

i dont see fans like this at garden please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTECR4QCnkE

but i understad what you say you are diehrad fan even thru tough time

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok I was exaggerating a bit with that "being the best fan in all of sports", but my point is that when we start winning there will be new Knick fans everywhere and those who have stayed loyal to the team during our down period should be recongnized

Starks

Starter
The best fans in the world to chose a player of the franchise...or ever wish a current player to fail.