[SlamOnline] Interview with John Starks

rady

Administrator
Staff member
John Starks played to win. Not just in basketball but in Life. After 12 years in the NBA, the Tulsa, OK roughneck left his mark by giving 100 percent every time down the floor. His early life off the court was equally as hard as the way he played on it. It?s what makes him who he is.

Undrafted out of Oklahoma State, Starks worked his way into the NBA in 1988 with the Golden State Warriors. After an injury forced him to return to the CBA, Starks signed with the New York Knicks and became one of the favorite and most compelling players in team history. A devastating three-point shooter, Starks hit 9 triples to set a club record in 1998. Starks played in an All-Star Game and was named Sixth Man of the Year before ending his career in 2002 as of the best three-point shooters in NBA history.

SLAM spoke with Starks about his life before and after the game.

SLAM: What have you been up to?
John Starks: I?ve been working with the Knicks in their front office in the Alumni Relations and Community Relations Department. I also started a clothing and sports brand company. We?re having new technology with breakaway pants; we?re using zippers instead of buttons, so you can make the transition in and out of them really quickly. This is probably going to replace what you see now as far as button breakaway pants. The technology was developed by a guy named Daron Nunn and it?s called ?Zipway.? He came to another business partner of mine who then brought it to me and a light went off in my head.

Read the rest: http://slamonline.com/online/nba/2008/11/john-legend/

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Nice find Rady.....Starks truely is one of the best players in our team history...he played with heart and never backed down..i wish his number would get retired

th3realicon

Rotation player
Great read. Starks has and keeps being an inspiration to all of us. I am very happy he is still working within the organization. I wish he gets involved a lot more and that people realize what a hard working blue collar he truly is.

I for all consider myself lucky and privileged to have been able to see him in a Knick uniform. Starks # 3 <---- LEGEND

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
am i the only one who sees Nate as the second coming of Starks?

they both play very similar and when i watch him light it up its like i was a young kid growing up watching Starks do the same to other teams.

Nate brings the same qualities to the table as Starks did except Starks was more of a passer but could score well too Nate could pass too but he more of a scorer...it hit watching highlights of Starks and then watching Nate night in and night out.

am i the only one who sees Nate as the second coming of Starks?

they both play very similar and when i watch him light it up its like i was a young kid growing up watching Starks do the same to other teams.

Nate brings the same qualities to the table as Starks did except Starks was more of a passer but could score well too Nate could pass too but he more of a scorer...it hit watching highlights of Starks and then watching Nate night in and night out.

No your not the only one, I said the same stuff a few months ago :) I think a lot of it (Nate/Starks Compairison) has a lot to do with Heart,Passion and sheer Determination.

Great read Rady, Thanx

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
true,i just see it i was praying we re-seigned Nate but now after the trades that wish will very much be a reality:peace: