With Crawford and Randolph gone, who will lead the Knicks in scoring?

With Randolph and Crawford gone, who's going to lead the Knicks in scoring?

• Al Harrington

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Nate Robinson

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Cuttino Mobley

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Tim Thomas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quentin Richardson

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Chris Duhon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

portega1968

El Cacique
Chandler and Nate will lead the team in attempted field goals.

If Chandler builds more confidence in his game, he may just come away our scoring leader. He needs to attack the rim more to get better looks from beyond the arc... but he's not in the poll.

On the other hand, with Crawford gone, Nate wil get more minutes even if he's brought off the bench. It's better to have him come off the bench instead of Mobley cause he has more PG skills and thus makes our bench players better. Maybe the first time a sixth man leads a team in points!!!

Harrington will not average more than 20 and at times will struggle in this offense similar to his difficulties playing Nellie Ball. And he's gonna have a hard time staying out of foul trouble guarding bigger men in the middle every night.

QRich will continue to have one 25point game in between a ton of 1-10 performances, so his average will at best be in the middle teens.

Regarding Duhon and Tiny Tim... you gotta be joking right?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
thats what i wanna see Chandler do more of post up more and drive to the basket he's a little too unselfish...D'Antoni will give him a bigger roll in our offense now with the trades....he gonna score 30+ 2day watch loll

jzero29

Rotation player
I like chandler

Its obviously Wilson Chandler.

Agreed. Good post. This is the most realistic scenario. However, if there will be one player to stand out I'm going out on a limb for Wilson Chandler. Let's not forget about his 27 pt game. If he didn't once he can do it again. Harrison is a great all around player, but not necessarily a consistent double digit scorer. I think he'd rather be role player on a good team then be the go to guy. It's not that Harrington isn't capable, the question is will he fit in that position.

This is a real opportunity for Wilson.
He wasn't even a choice, but chandler may pull it off.
The only interesting thing I haven't heard mentioned, is eddie curry.
I don't think he will, but he really has a chance to get healthy and become a big time scorer again, like he was that one year for us. It would do wonders for his trade value. This system he will be forced to be in good shape and to prove himself worthy of another contract. If he gets healthy, there is a huge spot left empty by Zach randolph that curry used to fill, maybe he can return to his offensive form. Not ever having a defensive form, does it relly matter with this team? Just him puttingup stats would be nice for his trade value. Especially if he gets back up to 18-20pt a game.
Or maybe they will rott him on the bench and he'll opt out.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
He wasn't even a choice, but chandler may pull it off.
The only interesting thing I haven't heard mentioned, is eddie curry.
I don't think he will, but he really has a chance to get healthy and become a big time scorer again, like he was that one year for us. It would do wonders for his trade value. This system he will be forced to be in good shape and to prove himself worthy of another contract. If he gets healthy, there is a huge spot left empty by Zach randolph that curry used to fill, maybe he can return to his offensive form. Not ever having a defensive form, does it relly matter with this team? Just him puttingup stats would be nice for his trade value. Especially if he gets back up to 18-20pt a game.
Or maybe they will rott him on the bench and he'll opt out.
Eddy Curry's done. That one season was a fluke. The Knicks should have traded him when they had the chance. He's never going to even average 15 points per game again.

jswinder

Rookie
Hahahahaha

I'm a Warriors fan and have been one for years. I feel very sorry for all of you Knicks fans who think Al is going to be your top scorer, let alone a better defender than Jamal Crawford. Be prepared for a player who will shoot you out of games with poor shot selection, (check his FG%'s) never boxes out his man on the boards(just like Curry), perimeter defense forget about it, is an embarrassing finisher, constantly misses defensive assignments, can't shoot free throws, can't take criticsm, and is one of the most overrated players in the NBA due to the 07 playoffs and the prior 6th man award.

His back was never hurt, he was just too much of a prima donna to play under pressure after being called out as the role player he should be. Sound familiar??? Haha. Crawford is twice the scorer Al is, and his weak defense is something I can live with because we've got excellent young shot blockers to help him out. I wish I could say I feel sorry for you guys, but if you were a Warrior fan like I've been over the last 15 years, it's hard to sympathize with anybody...especially Knicks fans.

I find it hard to believe how much stock you guys are actually putting into landing LeBron. Why would he want to come to such a joke of a team and play under such a tumultuous front office? Why would he do that? The Cav's are winning now, and LeBron's from Akron. I think you Knick fans just have to deal with the fact that LeBron's not your guy, and that Jamal was just about to flourish under D'Antoni. Yes, I'll take his 20 and 6 apg, thanks. Ya'll just been fleeced. THANK YOU!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Hahahahaha

I'm a Warriors fan and have been one for years. I feel very sorry for all of you Knicks fans who think Al is going to be your top scorer, let alone a better defender than Jamal Crawford. Be prepared for a player who will shoot you out of games with poor shot selection, (check his FG%'s) never boxes out his man on the boards(just like Curry), perimeter defense forget about it, is an embarrassing finisher, constantly misses defensive assignments, can't shoot free throws, can't take criticsm, and is one of the most overrated players in the NBA due to the 07 playoffs and the prior 6th man award.

His back was never hurt, he was just too much of a prima donna to play under pressure after being called out as the role player he should be. Sound familiar??? Haha. Crawford is twice the scorer Al is, and his weak defense is something I can live with because we've got excellent young shot blockers to help him out. I wish I could say I feel sorry for you guys, but if you were a Warrior fan like I've been over the last 15 years, it's hard to sympathize with anybody...especially Knicks fans.

I find it hard to believe how much stock you guys are actually putting into landing LeBron. Why would he want to come to such a joke of a team and play under such a tumultuous front office? Why would he do that? The Cav's are winning now, and LeBron's from Akron. I think you Knick fans just have to deal with the fact that LeBron's not your guy, and that Jamal was just about to flourish under D'Antoni. Yes, I'll take his 20 and 6 apg, thanks. Ya'll just been fleeced. THANK YOU!
I agree with you. I don't think Jamal Crawford for Harrington was a good trade, nor do I think Zach Randolph for Cuttino Mobley and Tim Thomas was a good trade.

I don't think Al Harrington is going to help the Knicks win games.

I just think he'll lead the team in scoring, since he's a 10 year veteran and he led the Hawks in scoring on one of his seasons.

I disagree with most of the moves Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni have done so far, but it's not like there's anything I can do about it. I'm just a fan.

P.S. I will tell you this, though. Jamal Crawford ain't all that. His stats are very deceiving. He's a good 3rd option, but his stats make it look like if he's a franchise player. Jamal Crawford never has and never will be a franchise player, because he never plays defense, and his scoring is too inconsistent.

Crawford gets his 20 a game from clutch shooting and 3 pointers that he makes throughout the game.
He's the kind of player that will score 30 points on 55% shooting, one night, and then 10 points on 25% shooting, the next.

With that being said, the Warriors still win. Al Harringotn isn't as good as Crawford, and he makes the same amount of money per year as Crawford.

Last edited:

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Chandler and Nate will lead the team in attempted field goals.

If Chandler builds more confidence in his game, he may just come away our scoring leader. He needs to attack the rim more to get better looks from beyond the arc... but he's not in the poll.

On the other hand, with Crawford gone, Nate wil get more minutes even if he's brought off the bench. It's better to have him come off the bench instead of Mobley cause he has more PG skills and thus makes our bench players better. Maybe the first time a sixth man leads a team in points!!!

Harrington will not average more than 20 and at times will struggle in this offense similar to his difficulties playing Nellie Ball. And he's gonna have a hard time staying out of foul trouble guarding bigger men in the middle every night.

QRich will continue to have one 25point game in between a ton of 1-10 performances, so his average will at best be in the middle teens.

Regarding Duhon and Tiny Tim... you gotta be joking right?

There is a player on Chicago Bulls team that already led his team in points as a sixth man and will probabily do it again this year.
His name is Ben Gordon .

Last edited:

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Hahahahaha

You are just a sorry dude who went out of his way (registered)just so you can post your very deep knowledge on this trade.
You say that jamal is a better defender than harrington.WTF are u talking about, jamal can't defend his shadow let alone other players but i guess you sorry gs fans will see.
About scoring you just wait and see. jamal scored on this theam only when he was the main option and took half of the team shots in the process.Wait till he s gonna start hoisting some of his ''what he was thinking'' shots. He's not gonna be your first scoring option (see jackson) or second when monta comes back (if he ever will).You will be lucky if he will get 12-13ppg out of him. And since you tell us to check AL FG% you better check JC and let us know what you see. AL carrer fg% .450, 3p% .359 and JC fg%.403, 3p%.358
and jamal is a shooting guard(pathetic). I mean JC is a good locker room guy and decent player(still no defence) but dont think you got Ray Allen or some
M. Reed. By the way jamal just scored 9 points for your team tonight in 29 minutes as starter. enough said.
Then when you talk about the knicks you look even more stupid(saying that on this site) and I cant even lower myself to your level. Go back and be a sorry azz GS fan(for another 15years) and leave this site alone. I ussualy dont use insulting words but you deserve some for sure. So get the fk out of here.

PS. How pathetic is that abcd agreed with this smuck( just because walsh did not made a trade to please him) that only came here to make fun of our team.

CoolClyde

Ouch

Hahahahaha
I'm a Warriors fan and have been one for years. I feel very sorry for all of you Knicks fans who think Al is going to be your top scorer, let alone a better defender than Jamal Crawford. Be prepared for a player who will shoot you out of games with poor shot selection, (check his FG%'s) never boxes out his man on the boards(just like Curry), perimeter defense forget about it, is an embarrassing finisher, constantly misses defensive assignments, can't shoot free throws, can't take criticsm, and is one of the most overrated players in the NBA due to the 07 playoffs and the prior 6th man award...
Ya'll just been fleeced. THANK YOU!

Damn you laughing boy! Harrington sounds like a po' ZBo... that sucks. thanks alot, Golden State A-hole! New high scorer will be Harrington, N8 or Chandler, depending on minutes. With Crawfish and Z-Bo gone (half the offense, half the shots) who will be starters? When/if Mobley, Jeffries and Galinari get going, everyone's minutes will go down... who will the 8-9 man rotation be 2 months from now? This is the key to the high scorer question...

Overall, I think Chandler will bust out this season, get the most minutes, and be high scorer, but I would love N8 to prove me wrong.
Chandler>Harrington
Chandler>/= N8

Dude, he wants our team to fail. What do you expect him to say?

I'm sorry TurnerAddict, I agree with them. I stated on the Curry for Harrinton trade thred that Harrington is another Z-Bo (of 07-08) Harrinton has more athletic ability than Z-Bo , but dosen't rebound? Harrington is a chucher like Jamal and Z-Bo except Z-Bo and Crawford are better shooters (beleive it or not) He is a ball hog, demonstrated in his first game here. He plays little to no defense and has no post game. I'm just glad that his contract is up before 2010.

Tim Thomas> Al Harrinton

WiL8000

Rotation player
These recent trades hurt the Knicks for the moment, thats obvious. Once they mesh, which will take a few weeks at least, they'll play a little more competitively I think. There's still a lot of other possibilities in other trades the Knicks will probably make before the trading deadline. The top scorer in my opinion will be Chandler, followed by Nate.

Somehow they've got to trade Eddy Curry's contract, but with his value down like it is we may get some garbage thrown at us. I'm actually hoping he plays a little to get the ball rolling on moving him. I hope we don't have to include someone like David Lee to do it, but that's probably the case.

TunerAddict

Starter
I'm sorry TurnerAddict, I agree with them. I stated on the Curry for Harrinton trade thred that Harrington is another Z-Bo (of 07-08) Harrinton has more athletic ability than Z-Bo , but dosen't rebound? Harrington is a chucher like Jamal and Z-Bo except Z-Bo and Crawford are better shooters (beleive it or not) He is a ball hog, demonstrated in his first game here. He plays little to no defense and has no post game. I'm just glad that his contract is up before 2010.

Tim Thomas> Al Harrinton

No problem man. Its your right to disagree. Donnie and Dantoni both said that they felt this is actually a better team now and I believe them. Even if the talent we received is less than what we gave away, we may see a more unified team, a smarter team, and bigger roles from players who weren't able to shine like they may be able too with crawford and ZBO in their way. This may free people like DLee, Chandler, or Nate to take that next step and become greater than they were before.

Best team isn't always about talent or how good they are on paper. We've been proving that for years the wrong way. Time we showed it goes both ways.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Where's Chandler? He should be on this poll, since he's averaging almost 16 a game, at the moment . Anyway, I say Chandler becomes leading scorer. As for the G-State fan, what can I say? I never wanted Crawford and Zach to be traded. I thought, with Curry benched, we really had a chance to get a playoff seed.

As things are, we'll be lucky to finish 10th in the East. I don't believe Lebron is the end-all, either. We don't need Lebron to be a good team, we just need a solid big man, some solid role players, who can pass, box out, and play D, and a guy who can do what Crawford did: hit big shots and score.

As for Harrington, I've never liked him and don't see how this trade benefits us. I doubt, after all, that Crawford would not have opted out of his contract. He can definitely get a better deal. By getting Harrington's expiring contract, we just get a guy who becomes a free agent and doesn't have the option of staying on or opting out, who's a damn bum. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. I think someone put it best, in another thread, by saying that the Knicks are going on a two or three year vacation.

I think it's unfair to the fans, for the team to be made into a squad that can't compete and won't even win 30 games.
I wonder if D'Antoni had a say in this, because I remember Walsh saying that he was letting D'Antoni request which players he wanted, etc., which is why he claimed to be surprised about the Marbury situation.

Last edited:
Personally, I think Al Harrington is going to lead the Knicks in scoring. Harrington averaged 17 points per game, in the 2004-2005 season and 18 points per game, in the 2005-2006 season.
Al-Harrington_400.jpg

I think Wilson Chandler will be the second leading scorer, and Tim Thomas will be the 3rd leading scorer.

What do you guys think?

I forgot to put Wilson Chandler on the poll. Sorry about that.

I WOULD OF PICK WILL THRILL IF U HAD HIM UP THERE AND NATE WILL BE RIGHT BEHIND HIM

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer

Tim Thomas> Al Harrinton

1) Like tunner said is ok to agree or disagree with another usefull member of this site about how the Knicks are doing and there is nothing wrong with that.

2) When you jump on and agree with a smuck that registered 20 min before his first post (which will probably be his last) and his only reson for joining is to diss the Knicks and to tell us how stupid we are then you are pathetic. It shows that you dont see the bigger picture, like why he joined, how he s thinking, what are his resons, etc.

3) About the trades, like I said before, walsh did them not because he thought we are a championship or a playoff team and he needed to make a push but because he s looking at the bigger picture (knicks future). He thought if we gonna make the playoffs in the next 2 years(wich is not impossible, see atlanta last year) that will be a bonus but comes 2010 I'm gonna be a player in the Free Agent market (Lebron or not).