• Cuittino Mobley

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Tim Thomas

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pricey

Rotation player
All Knick fans should stand up and clap LeBron when he enters the court, make him feel welcome and give him goose bumps. Anything to help get him here in 2010.
I dont think we will win but lol.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'll get the game tonight because its the feature game on NBA TV. Nice to have a Tuesday night Knicks game again. Be interesting to see the "New LooK" New York Knicks. This is where we will really find out what type of coach D'antoni really is. Basketball is all about chemistry so we will see how quickly D'antoni can get this team to mesh together. Golden State is my favorite western conference team so I am glad Jamal ended up there. Our team is starting to resemble a lineup that can score from anywhere on the court and get up and down the floor. Hopefully the incoming players buy into the system and are not just playing out the string. How can you not be excited about playing in the Garden for the Knicks!!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
It looks like TT and Mobley won't play tonight due to the trade holdup - and if they do - spot mins.
Harrington is ready to go and suprisingly Marbury had his most intense scrimmage yesterday with the team since the past few weeks and performed really well.
He and D'Antoni had a brief convo after practice....who knows - maybe a 2nd chance for both parties to clear the air?

jpz17

Starter
It looks like TT and Mobley won't play tonight due to the trade holdup - and if they do - spot mins.
Harrington is ready to go and suprisingly Marbury had his most intense scrimmage yesterday with the team since the past few weeks and performed really well.
He and D'Antoni had a brief convo after practice....who knows - maybe a 2nd chance for both parties to clear the air?

hey, you know, I'm sure even haterburys would like to see Steph have a good game or two with the Knicks before he leaves

GetRealistic

Starter
hey, you know, I'm sure even haterburys would like to see Steph have a good game or two with the Knicks before he leaves

Ha not at all JPZ.. I don't want to see him even in Knicks warmups again. But to the game.

Obviously the Cavs are playing at a high level, but i also feel other then a few absolute awful performances (mainly the two Bucks games) the Knicks have competed hard every night. Tonight may very well be the most electric MSG has been in 5 years. All the new guys and Lebron in town it should be fun.

I think the starting lineup for tonight will be something like this.

Lee
Chandler
Harrington
Q
Duhon

And once Mobley begins to practice more i believe he'll be the starting shooting guard.

I'm not a big fan of Tim Thomas but for some reason i expect him to have the best game out of the three new players. The main reason i believe that is because he has the best background knowledge of the system plus he'll basically just be spotting up in the corners so all he'll really have to do is shoot the ball and if you remember Tim he has no problem with jacking up threes.

Lebron is a top 5 NBA player and is going to put up his numbers but i think the Knicks should almost let Lebron get his 35-40 and worry more about stopping the likes of Mo Williams and big Z. Lebrons going to get his but if you keep the other role players out of the flow you have a chance.

Also after this trade we can basically rotate 4 different defenders (Chandler, Harrington, Thomas, and Q) at Lebron all night so maybe the different looks will slow him down.

Prediction

Knicks 107-Cavs 104

Toons

is the Bo$$
good point pricey!!!!!!

if lebron dunks on the entire knick team, the garden needs to yell to the top of their lungs....i can hear it now....the chants...lebron blushing at the attention...

twen-ty ten!
twen-ty ten!
twen-ty ten!
le-bron james!
2 more years!!

GetRealistic

Starter
I'm all for giving Lebron a good ovation during pregame introductions. But once the game starts its still Knicks vs Cavs and we should be cheering for the Knicks. Lebron knows we want him here so no excess cheering is necessary. Give him a standing O in pregame and maybe a one chant during the game. But other then that cheer for the Knicks.

KBlack25

Starter
it will be sad if we see them cheering when LeBron scores though...

Don't be shocked if it happens though. I bet he gets a standing ovation during player intros and I bet at least for his first couple of buckets he'll get some claps. If it's a close game though I expect the Garden to be rocking. If we can show LeBron what a big game atmosphere is like in NY (and it's like no other city in the world), I think even he'll get goosebumps.

I think LeBron is a competitor, and he wants to play in a town that loves basketball and can really get behind a team. Not taking anything away from Cleveland but NY has the best fans in the world, and they really love this team. If we show LeBron the type of love and the type of home court advantage he could have in NY, I think it will drive him a little closer toward NYC.

metrocard

Legend
Mayne, **** Lebron.
He's a rival superstar right now.
We boo him till he's orange and blue.
I'm sick of these new age soft ass Knick fans that fill the Garden, aren't loud enough and always cheer guys like Carter, James, Bryant.
**** them.
Booo them till they cry.

Toons

is the Bo$$
lol, metro....boo lebron james???
we are trying to court him
ur really not as bright as i thought

KBlack25

Starter
I'm not sure about booing him, but I think cheering like crazy for our guys and showing LeBron the type of love he COULD have if he put on the orange and blue might persuade him more.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
The crowd just need to show him respect, not cheer, because it would be bad for our players, I mean, we should cheer for our team right?

Any news about Mobley's condition?

portega1968

El Cacique
Chandler aint coming off the bench and he's used him consistently at the 4.

C - Harrington
PF - Chandler
SF - QRich
SG - Nate
PG - Duhon

Mobley will be first off the bench if Duhon, Nate or Q are substituted.

I'd start Tiny Tim over Q. But we will see Lee first big man off the bench with Tiny Tim behind him.

Malik Rose and Roberson won't see a minute.

Will Chandler posterize Ben Wallace?

Harrington against Big Z... that's like 6 inches!!!! Have to beat him off the dribble!!!

Knicks 145 Cavs 144 in triple OT

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

ohh snap...Marbury could play this could be a good day...everything about this game is fun...he would provide us with alot of help on the offensive side and defensive side-could give guys like Nate and Duhon extra minutes on the bench.

portega1968

El Cacique
We all know the place is gonna be rocking tonight.

I just hope we don't get blown out and hear everyone chanting Lebron's name cause that would really be heavy on our young players.

Nate, Lee and Chandler are auditioning tonight to be a part of Lebron's Army in 2010. If they get schooled, Lebron would question whether these guys are championship team material. But if these 3 play so good that we pull out a win, then Lebron can get a glimpse of who may be his comrades in arms

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Thats the one thing ill really catch feelings over, wasting 3 fukkin hours because my mozilla firefox is fukked up. I wasted 2 hours with the celtics game thread, and an hour last night. Problem is my internet explorer is mad slow. Mozilla is faster, but certain sites that i go to for stats freeze it up.

Anyways, great game thread jpz. Im sorry i wasnt able to be a part of it. You didnt have to do all that extra work but i and im sure most members on this site appreciate it. Great Work :thumbsup:

Before my work got deleted, i chose cuttino mobley for the spotlight player. I read what clippers fans thought of him. I studied his stats, and i watched youtube videos. I came to the conclusion that cuttino mobley >> Crawford and that the biggest thing we lost with this trade was zachs rebounding. We still have a team thats capable of scoring. Just look at what they did against the Wiz the other night. 122 points with 7 players....and now we got 3 players who are also capable of scoring. I think Dantonis system will be good for them. Rebounding is my concern but I dont think this trade overall made us any worse. And the most important part of the trade is obviously the 27 million we freed up in 2010.

Mayne, **** Lebron.
He's a rival superstar right now.
We boo him till he's orange and blue.
I'm sick of these new age soft ass Knick fans that fill the Garden, aren't loud enough and always cheer guys like Carter, James, Bryant.
**** them.
Booo them till they cry.

Im glad you said this. I dont like Lebron either. If he becomes a knick, thats a different story but for now fukk him. He averaged over 40 points against us last year. I dont support these photo shopped pics of lebron in a knicks jersey.