Trade and 2010 plan may be cock blocked by Health concerns...

New New York

Quiet Storm
If The Knicks are smart what they would do now is re-work the deal to include Marcus Camby who's salary is equal to Cutino Mobley. I suspect that this shouldnt prevent this deal from going down because Donnie is really motivated to get this done.

I'm just happy Crawford and Zach passed their physicals.

JayJ44

Starter
I actually don't think this will be much of a problem. At worst, they might not be able to play on Tuesday. But I think this is just a minor hold-up. In the article, it says that Walsh was trying to get a 1st rounder out of the Clippers. Good to know he's trying to collect all the draft picks he can. :thumbsup:

TunerAddict

Starter
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/25/sports/basketball/25knicks.html?ref=sports

The Times acknowledges that there was an issue with his heart, but it looks like it's nothing as serious as what Eddy Curry had a couple years back. My only concern is that neither Tim Thomas nor Mobley could practice on Monday, so likely Mobley wont play at all against The Cavs because he wont know the offense.

There isn't a whole lot to know. Most guys calls this the simplest offense because they just play ball.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Anyway even if that's the case I think Walsh and Dunleavy can still work on something else but after reading new new york link I think everything is allright.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
The trade will not be voided if anything i read on yahoo, that the knicks will just waive the mandatory physical or try to get Camby, which will be alot better deal if they get Camby.

Blas

Benchwarmer
If The Knicks are smart what they would do now is re-work the deal to include Marcus Camby who's salary is equal to Cutino Mobley. I suspect that this shouldnt prevent this deal from going down because Donnie is really motivated to get this done.

I'm just happy Crawford and Zach passed their physicals.

That is what Donnie is trying to do. Donnie orignally wanted Camby and Thomas for Zach. Clippers said no. Donnie is trying to play the angle of "you are giving us a broken player... and we are giving you a prime 20 12 guy, what the heck!?!" He is a slick man.

If he can pull this off and get camby that would rock.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if we could get Camby i would go nuts....or Kaman wouldnt be bad too he could score in the post and is a good rebounder and shot blocker but id rather have Camby....i here were trying to get a pick out of it 1st rounder 2009 lmao...we draft Thabeet and Harden

th3realicon

Rotation player
Wow this franchise is cursed. I mean the only thing that could have blown this thing away is happening. Lets hope this is just Donnie trying to squeeze Camby in the deal and hopefully nothing will go wrong. If Dunleavy is serious about this trade he should consider the fact that to get a 20 10 guy he must consider the fact that the Knicks have all the right to complaint. This heart problem surfaced after the trade all of a sudden.
The way i see Walsh going by this is either one of these options

1 - Demand a draft pick and give a pass to Mobley
2 - Instead of Cutino we should be given Camby
3 - Upgrade the trade to a 3 for 3 type of deal by involving Marbury and camby so the deal looks like this: Camby, Mobley, Thomas FOR Marbury, Randolph, Collins

GetRealistic

Starter
Saw this on another forum and thought some people would appreciate it.

"Who cares about Mobley's heart, Marbury doesn't have a heart and he's been on the team for 4 years".

Serioiusly though i like the idea of trying to sqeeze a draft pick out but if you can't get the Clips to budge just let it go and keep the trade.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Wow this franchise is cursed. I mean the only thing that could have blown this thing away is happening. Lets hope this is just Donnie trying to squeeze Camby in the deal and hopefully nothing will go wrong. If Dunleavy is serious about this trade he should consider the fact that to get a 20 10 guy he must consider the fact that the Knicks have all the right to complaint. This heart problem surfaced after the trade all of a sudden.
The way i see Walsh going by this is either one of these options

1 - Demand a draft pick and give a pass to Mobley
2 - Instead of Cutino we should be given Camby
3 - Upgrade the trade to a 3 for 3 type of deal by involving Marbury and camby so the deal looks like this: Camby, Mobley, Thomas FOR Marbury, Randolph, Collins

3 for 3 dont work Step makes lil more then twice Camby's salary.

jpz17

Starter
The Knicks trade sending Zach Randolph to the Los Angeles Clippers has been completed. The Knicks, though, did not expect Mobley to play Tuesday night against the Cavaliers and LeBron James.
The Scoop: The completion of the trade was delayed pending paperwork involving the players' physicals. There were reports that a potential heart issue for Mobley was holding the deal up, and it's unclear when he'll suit up for his new team.