Nike Would Make Up Difference To Have James In New York

Toons

is the Bo$$
If Nike agrees to pay a certain amount of his salary in the NIKE contract, then signing two or three superstars are not that far from reality....

here's the quote from alan haans blog

im not posting the entire thing...so subscribe to the blog....he keeps knick fans up to date

"....Nike would be motivated to make up the difference just to have him in a big market such as New York."

Toons

is the Bo$$
Knicks in 2010

Robinson (2 years older, wiser, more experienced, comfortable with the system)

Nate/Rubio
Johnson/harrington
James/Chandler
Lee/ Gallo
Camby/ Thabeet/ Williams

Akamu

The King
I wouldn't even doubt that, haven't they been supporting him throughout his career? What was it 90-100 million endorsement before he even got to play in the NBA?

Toons

is the Bo$$
Of course they support him, he endorsed their brand on his sneakers. The fact of the matter is that NIKE WANTS James in NYC. Yo, akamu, fix me another siggy....can u do harrington in a knicks jersey? or should i just wait until pics are available?

Toons

is the Bo$$
iight cool, if i find a pic i like ill send it to u

but man, u gatta love the fact that we have even more cap flexability with nike pushing for the move to new york. Im sure donnie walsh has people in NIKE. He just has that mob affiliation look. If the knicks cant court james, nike will.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Yea a lot of italians in our organization. I'm sure lebron will be "getting a visit" from guys in suits pretty soon. Next thing you hear is: "lebron has already committed to the knicks a year before he becomes a free agent. Incredible!"

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
imagine how quick a 23 James Knick jersey would come off shelves at the NBA store and Modell's?...and i heard something about if James goes to play at a big market-like NY L.A Chicago etc they would double his salary thats sick everyone wants him in NY and as each day passes thats looking more and more likely.

th3realicon

Rotation player
you can make your own LeBron jersey on nba.com

Yeah but that is not the same as ordering a LJ jersey while he is actually playing with the Knicks :cool:

With all this stuff going on i think LeBron will be forced to choose the Knicks 2 years from now. Nike giving him the incentives to do so, the fans collecting money to buy him gifts, these are not small things and the people who surroung king James must be taking notes.

th3realicon

Rotation player
That's not stealing, that just joining the cause. :p To top that i cropped his name to make it less painful. lol

I do respect authorities, and i respectfully borrowed his piece of art. :D

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
LeBron knows whats going on he knows what the Knicks did on Friday...i truly think he comes to the Knicks we will put together the team that will intrigue him and NY's marketing is too much to pass up...his jersey will get lots of revenue tickets will be sold out everyday and he'll get much more money from Nike its a win win win(Lebron Knicks Nike)

where'd yu guys find that avi loll

portega1968

El Cacique
Lebron's deal with Nike also expires in 2010.

We know that Cleveland can pay Lebron like $25 million more than any other team if he resigns with him, but Nike would easily double that amount for him playing in NY vs Cleveland cause they simply would like cuadruple their sales. And we haven't even talked about the tons of other endorsements deals that would be knocking on his door if he relocated to the biggest media amrket on the planet.

So, the money is gonna be in NY, no doubt.

The deciding factor will be whether we have a team that can compete for the title or not. That means Lee, Nate, Chandler and Gallo have to prove that they are worthy pretenders to the King's Army. Auditions start tonight at MSG.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I think if LaBron wins a ring with Cleavland he'll resign with the Cavs. This is a real possibility considering that the Cavs are the #2 team in the east. That will completely shit on everyone's hopes, dreams and prophecies, but, if that doesn't happen, my fandom aside, it's got to be NY, Nets wont be ready to move to Brooklyn.

Starks

Starter
actually the Nike deal expired after his rookie year. Bron is a brand in itself. A global one. Nike doesn't need him in NYC for this. He still will have his kicks and commercials out at the same pace as it is now.

The colors of his merchandise would be orange and blue though. So that would be significant to Nike.