Guard-less Knicks for next 5 games

richtree

Rotation player
The Knicks are suddenly without Jamal Crawford (traded), Cuttino Mobley (heart) and Nate Robinson (groin), leaving Chris Duhon and Anthony Roberson as their only guards.

It would make sense for the Knicks to suit up Stephon Marbury, but we're not holding our breath.
Source: NY Post

More Importantly....I don't wanna sumbit the next 3 games, if Mobley and Nate are out we need some guards to win these games....

Duhon, and q-rich will play alot but Roberson isn't ready for NBA action...he is just a bench guy that can add alil shooting here or there ....

look at our next 5 games:

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores>Wed, Nov 26</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>at Detroit</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>8:00 pm </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=yspscores> Sat, Nov 29</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Golden State</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:30 pm </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores> Tue, Dec 2</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Portland</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:30 pm </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=yspscores> Wed, Dec 3</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>at Cleveland</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:00 pm </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores> Fri, Dec 5</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>at Atlanta</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:30 pm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Looks like we will be lucky to win 2 of the next 5 games. It's going to be tough, but we've got tough young players. I'm still putting alot of faith in Wilson. Plus Harrington should be playing for the majority of those games. We just may have a fighting chance.

Your forgetting that half of our foward's are only playing SF/PF because we have no Center! Chandler and Q could both play G/SF because we'd still have Tim Thomas and Al Harrington (aka our new ballhog/chucker) to play SF/PF, both have 3pt range and are soft anyway. That leaves Lee at Center and Duhon and Roberson to play the point..... at least that's how I see it?

PG - Duhon/Roberson
SG - Chandler/Q (or vice versa)/Roberson
SF - T.Thomas/Al Harrinton/Q/Chandler (all interchangable)
PF - Al Harrinton/T.Thomas (or vice versa)/Chandler
C - Lee/ and anyone that can give D.Lee some rest?

richtree

Rotation player
hopefully jefferies comes back .,

and wish our draft pick could contribute, but thats another story...

and there goes Mikey D's theory of only playing 8 players...

I bet he plays 10 players the rest of the year....

hopefully jefferies comes back .,

and wish our draft pick could contribute, but thats another story...

and there goes Mikey D's theory of only playing 8 players...

I bet he plays 10 players the rest of the year....

Jeffries will be a welcome addition for our frontcourt, but I've said it before and I'll say it again , you can count us in for the lottery again this year :(

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Am I the only Knick fan that thinks Jefferies is trash? I can't stand him and think his game is weaksauce. What am I missing?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
The Knicks are suddenly without Jamal Crawford (traded), Cuttino Mobley (heart) and Nate Robinson (groin), leaving Chris Duhon and Anthony Roberson as their only guards.

It would make sense for the Knicks to suit up Stephon Marbury, but we're not holding our breath.
Source: NY Post

More Importantly....I don't wanna sumbit the next 3 games, if Mobley and Nate are out we need some guards to win these games....

Duhon, and q-rich will play alot but Roberson isn't ready for NBA action...he is just a bench guy that can add alil shooting here or there ....

look at our next 5 games:

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores>Wed, Nov 26</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>at Detroit</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>8:00 pm </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=yspscores>Sat, Nov 29</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Golden State</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:30 pm </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores>Tue, Dec 2</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Portland</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:30 pm </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=yspscores>Wed, Dec 3</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>at Cleveland</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:00 pm </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores>Fri, Dec 5</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>at Atlanta</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:30 pm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

nice find richtree.....thats a tough stretch coming up our only winnable game looks to be Golden State, and it makes lots of sense to play Marb's all differences aside and play him we need him dont care if you agree or disagree with Marbs..

richtree

Rotation player
like I said from dec 1st forward our next 14games are awful.....

we are gonna get pounded and pounded alot..

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Jeffries will be a welcome addition for our frontcourt, but I've said it before and I'll say it again , you can count us in for the lottery again this year :(

like I said from dec 1st forward our next 14games are awful.....

we are gonna get pounded and pounded alot..

we gonna get abused down low this season...as long as we show some life and fight to the final buzzer whether we lose by 20 or 1 long as we dont quit

oh well back to the lottery part 6..........Thabeet-or Harden-or Rubio/Jennings here we come.....

richtree

Rotation player
yeah, I think Zach was playing well, and comfortable in our system....

hes gonna be tuff to replace the scoring / boards/ consistency...

harrington and thomas will have to combine to try to do this....

oh well, had to ship out the contract....

lets get to fighting ....

-tree

JayJ44

Starter
Not soon enough lol. But I think we'll break the Celtics record of most difference in wins from one year to the next, if everything goes as planned. Just gotta get through these 2 years.

Am I the only Knick fan that thinks Jefferies is trash? I can't stand him and think his game is weaksauce. What am I missing?

No I'm sure your not the only one :smokin:

The only thing your missing about Jeffries is that coach D loves him and thinks he'll be a huge contributer for the team........ or maby that's code talk for drive up his value and trade him? :crossfingers:

paris401

Starter

i'm with u.. you will not find a worse "O" player in the nba.. as to his "D" , i think he is wayyyy overrated... he sux's big-time

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
^ yea i don't think jefferies is that good at all

looking to wilson to carry the team isn't going to happen. this whole season i'm guessing is going to be him finding his rhythm and having usually more okay statistical games then good. Looking to him as some sort of top scorer i don't think is very practical. He'll have a mid 20 pt game every once in a while; but im not expecting a tremendous amount from him anytime soon...i do think he'll be a star in the future though....especially now with no guards i think we need to look to harrington to step up the scoring, more so then say wilson cause wilson is going to throw the same amount of shots up each game in order to grow, and i don't expect a ton of them to fall...

jpz17

Starter
^ yea i don't think jefferies is that good at all

looking to wilson to carry the team isn't going to happen. this whole season i'm guessing is going to be him finding his rhythm and having usually more okay statistical games then good. Looking to him as some sort of top scorer i don't think is very practical. He'll have a mid 20 pt game every once in a while; but im not expecting a tremendous amount from him anytime soon...i do think he'll be a star in the future though....especially now with no guards i think we need to look to harrington to step up the scoring, more so then say wilson cause wilson is going to throw the same amount of shots up each game in order to grow, and i don't expect a ton of them to fall...

D'Antoni does though.. and thats all t at matters

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
bottom like...knicks are screwed for the next 2 years
and after that it's all a chance of getting lebron/wade/bosh?
i mean i love the knicks always did but... this bad luck is just killing us.
and don't forget the stupid marbury war(which i'm neutral to)
and with the jeffries situation
i don't like him but we need all the help we can get.