dear mr dolan

paris401

Starter
how long do we need to suffer??? how much can we take...
since the buck stops at the top (that b u), we lived thru the mormon years (layden), then the moron years (thomas), and now we are into the walsh era (the twi-light).. thru-out the fans have supported the team, thru the bad and the worse...

this year started off pretty well, then u sent 2 of our best players away for others, and we are back to square one..

i understand the lebron,wade,bosh,etc sweepstakes in 2010, but jesus are we now to endore 2 more years of 23 wins..

and then possibily we lose out in 2010.. what will we be left with???
40m in cape space... well maybe we can then re-sign tim thomas...

i understand the concept, but i dunno if i can wait another 3 years as a fan...

since the buck stops at the top (that b u), we lived thru the mormon years (layden), then the moron years (thomas), and now we are into the walsh era (the twi-light).. thru-out the fans have supported the team, thru the bad and the worse...

this year started off pretty well, then u sent 2 of our best players away for others, and we are back to square one..

i understand the lebron,wade,bosh,etc sweepstakes in 2010, but jesus are we now to endore 2 more years of 23 wins..

Paris you have lasted the past almost decade watching the Knicks become the laughing stock of the NBA and poster child of how not to run an organization..... I somehow think that you are a true fan and no matter how many bad years we have and no matter how many times we lose by 20 plus these next two seasons, you'll be here when the Knicks Organazation and team finaly gets out of the NBA's basement

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

Take it easy, we've got to stay patient. The last thing we need to do is make a trade to improve us right now that will likely hurt our chances of 2010. It's not over yet. Harrington will improve and Chandler/Harrington/Mobley will mesh in time. Maybe even Eddie Curry will do.... something....

Last edited:

JayJ44

Starter
I know it's tough, but we're on the right track for the team. This makes it possible for us to win a championship some time down the line. And we're gonna get somebody in 2010. If it's not Lebron, Wade, or Bosh; it'll be Joe Johnson and/or Amare Stoudamire, etc. There's so many great players available, not being in the position to sign one would be stupid. At very best, we could have gotten in the playoffs in the 8th seed if not for these trades. Which is nice for the fans for now, but logically it's bad for the franchise.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I know it's tough, but we're on the right track for the team. This makes it possible for us to win a championship some time down the line. And we're gonna get somebody in 2010. If it's not Lebron, Wade, or Bosh; it'll be Joe Johnson and/or Amare Stoudamire, etc. There's so many great players available, not being in the position to sign one would be stupid. At very best, we could have gotten in the playoffs in the 8th seed if not for these trades. Which is nice for the fans for now, but logically it's bad for the franchise.

i agree....we show flashes during games when we cant be stopped and other flashes where we cant buy a basket...thats a sign of a team thats on the brink of something big...were finally rebuilding the right was draft pick(09) and cap space...

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I don't see too many times that i think were unstoppable..i mean seeing somone like Q go off from 3 the other night was nice, but thats once in a while thing..from time to time we'll go on a little sprints like in the wizard game where we look like were in a groove, but idk right now we look pretty discombobulated..wilson looks like he has alot of potential, lee is sorta fading in my book; right now i just don't think were that great of a team; at all..were good enough not to be considered 'really bad' but we'll see...it'll be real hard to be patient for the rest of this season and next given these players

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

I know what you mean. It's sickening to me how anyone could support sacrificing two entire years. I thought the goal was supposed to be to win as many games as possible, not lose for the sake of possibly getting a player that might get injured, or might lose interest in leaving Cleveland, come 2010. The Knicks haven't made the playoffs since 2004. How much more suffering must Knick fans have to endure? Personally, It's been torture watching the Knicks win 23 games every year. I want to see the Knicks get an 8th seed for once, or at least win 35 games. The Knicks should not have traded Crawford and Randolph. We could've had enough capspace to sign a bigtime center, with the capspace we would have gotten from Marbury, Richardson, James, Rose, and Duhon's contracts coming off the books by 2010.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Isiah tried to build a good team inch by inch with trades and we saw how that worked out. :barf:

There is only one way to build a championship team. You have to blow up a bad team and get rid of all the bad contracts. Then through some combination of draft picks, signing free agents, and trades you build a contender over a few years.

This is the first time in a decade we are doing the right thing.

Rebuilding may not be fun, but we are in this position because of the impatience of previous managements that kept trying to rebuild quickly by taking on bad contracts and making foolish trades that looked good in the short term.

KBlack25

Starter
Isiah tried to build a good team inch by inch with trades and we saw how that worked out. :barf:

There is only one way to build a championship team. You have to blow up a bad team and get rid of all the bad contracts. Then through some combination of draft picks, signing free agents, and trades you build a contender over a few years.

This is the first time in a decade we are doing the right thing.

Rebuilding may not be fun, but we are in this position because of the impatience of previous managements that kept trying to rebuild quickly by taking on bad contracts and making foolish trades that looked good in the short term.

I agree knicklover. It's the plague of being a NY Sports fans, NY Sports don't rebuild often, merely they reload. But here the team, to their credit, is trying to do things the right way, that is by getting rid of bad contracts and basically starting over. It's not pretty, it's not going to be. But it'll be worth it when for this decade this team is much better off than being perpetually in salary cap hell...

paris401

Starter
I agree knicklover. It's the plague of being a NY Sports fans, NY Sports don't rebuild often, merely they reload. But here the team, to their credit, is trying to do things the right way, that is by getting rid of bad contracts and basically starting over. It's not pretty, it's not going to be. But it'll be worth it when for this decade this team is much better off than being perpetually in salary cap hell...

i understand and agree, but "IF" we come up after 2010 with an empty bag ... we will be th east coast version of the la clippers..

clumsy

Rotation player
i will say this. When is the last time you seen an NBA team win the Finals with a second rate Superstar like say a Zach Randolph. NEVER.

When is the last time you seen a team of David Lee's and Balkman's win anything. NEVER

You cannot win in the NBA without a dominate player on your team. What finals in the last 15 years featured no players that were top 10 in the league. The closest i can say was the year the Knicks went to the finals in 99 and they got murdered by Tim Duncan. That was a team filled with B level players as Ewing, LJ were older. Spree was incosistent, and Houston was soft.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
i understand and agree, but "IF" we come up after 2010 with an empty bag ... we will be th east coast version of the la clippers..

the clippers didn't leave with an empty bag they have a good team that doesn't "mesh". also their players bailed(brand, maggete)