Thursday, November 27th 2008, 7:40 PM
Related News
Articles

* Marbury remains in limbo
* Lawrence: Think big with James
* For a night, anyway, Garden is James'
* Marbury one Steph from gone
* Richardson burns within over Marbury

LeBron James' future will be debated and analyzed for the next 20 months. There are already whispers that the Knicks are the early leaders to land the potential free-agent-to-be in 2010.

One person who may have intimate knowledge about LeBron's next move is William Wesley, a close friend and adviser to the Cleveland Cavaliers All-Star. Wesley is regarded as a powerful insider among the NBA's top players and executives, with connections to everyone from Michael Jordan to James.

When asked during Wednesday's Knicks-Pistons game at Auburn Hills if he feels the Knicks are the favorite to sign LeBron in two years, Wesley smiled and said: "Barack Obama could use Donnie Walsh to clear salary-cap space for the country.":gony:

Last week, Walsh pulled off two trades that put the Knicks under the salary cap for the summer of 2010, when James, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Amare Stoudemire and Joe Johnson, to name just a few, are eligible to become free agents. Before Tuesday's game against the Knicks at the Garden, James indicated that he is keeping his options open regarding free agency.

Wesley was last seen around the Knicks in October, when he attended the team's first workout at Skidmore College in Saratoga. Wesley was there to watch Allan Houston's comeback attempt. On Wednesday, Wesley was spotted talking to Houston, who now serves as a special assistant to Walsh, the Knicks' president. Houston and Wesley have a relationship that goes back more than 20 years to when Wesley's best friend, Milt Wagner, played at Louisville, where Houston's father, Wade, was an assistant coach.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
all i gotta say is barkley better keep his big mouth closed about lebron..if the man wants to say he'll come to ny let him :crossfingers:

as much as i like lebron i do hope they don't do too well this season or next if that means better chance a getting him...go celtics?

And anyone who would want wade over james is crazy in my book straight up...saw few games ago heat scored like 68 points?? never would that happen when james plays.

Kiyaman

Legend
all i gotta say is barkley better keep his big mouth closed about lebron..if the man wants to say he'll come to ny let him :crossfingers:

as much as i like lebron i do hope they don't do too well this season or next if that means better chance a getting him...go celtics?

And anyone who would want wade over james is crazy in my book straight up...saw few games ago heat scored like 68 points?? never would that happen when james plays.

Barkley is absolutely RIGHT! not that I mentioned it on this board before Barkley comment on TNT.

Barkley also came from a Super-Star Draft Class of 1984. The class of Olyjuwan, Jordan, Stocton, Ect..... whom young NBA years comments were always "TEAM-FIRST".

Lebron James only comment after the Knicks traded Crawful & Zach should've been....2010 is along way from now, I'm working on getting a Championship now.
Or comment like our Patrick Ewing, "I see a Championship Ring this season!. and that is where all my focus of attention is now.".
That was how Patrick Ewing always got the best over the New York Media.

Our Patrick Ewing won the NCAA Championship in 1984....yet he refuse to come out in the strong 1984 draft class where he would have slipped to the 2nd to 5th pick like Barkley did.
Everyone was expecting Ewing and Karl Malone to come out in the 1984 draft class too.... rather than the 1985 draft.
These were Top Franchise Players that supported the idea of "TEAM-FIRST" at all times....Barkley knows best b/c he was traded from team to team b/c he wanted a fast Championship Ring which he never got in 14 years in the NBA.