Official New York Knicks vs. Portland Trailblazers Game Thread 12/2/08

Will the Knicks come out with a win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
We played well didnt back down from the challagne and lead most of the way-though that dont mean shit unless we win, but we played a tough game Duhon continued to improve and is getting a hang of his teammates and the system and could still get better,Lee continued to produce great numbers in increased minutes and offensive opprotunities( increasing his trade value?), Harrington looks like he's close to getting into his rythm and Thomas was great showed flashes of 2004...but in the end Roy was just too good for us to handle and Fernandez yet again showed up in the 4th and was on the mney from downtown, Aldridge took avantage of our size on several turn-around J's ..... tough loss but its a good one(if there is such a thing) we improved and our Defense was decent...tough game coming up tomorrow how we come back ready to play and move on from this loss

I checked in a couple days ago and gave you guys a little preview of the Blazers. All I can say is that was a damn good game and you should be proud of the effort your boys put out. I know you guys think you got jipped on some of those calls (esp the elbow to the face on Lee), but on the Portland broadcast, there we're some very questionable no-calls on the Blazers (Several on Roy, when Rudy took it to the hoop and was pulled on the arm by Thomas).

From what I saw of this years Knicks, you are a true Big man away from being a top 5 team in the East. If you had someone, even like a Joel Pryzbilla, to grab some of those defensive boards, outlet, and start those fast breaks, the Knicks would be tough to stop.

I say be proud of this effort. We are a deep, deep team and we match up well with smaller teams like the Knicks. Portland is going to win 50 games this year (in the West I might add), I see good things coming for the Knicks this season. Duhon is sick.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I'm still upset at that Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford trade. I feel the Knicks could have made the playoffs this year, had they kept them. But now, we're screwed. I like the fact that the Knicks are at least playing hard, though. Last year, the Knicks weren't even competitive 80% of the time.

I know it's been said a thousand times, but the fact is the knicks, with zach and craw, would have still been a 8th place team at best; as they still possibly can be right now (not as likely now obv)...so yes we all know the knicks obviously didn't do the trade to better their chances this year skill wise, hell mobley isn't even capable of playing and they still put the deal through...the fact is we dropped a lot of backage in these two players who ultimatley will have/have not led us much of anywhere; in preparation for someone, or multiple people, who will be able to bring us somewhere...i too thik it isn't right to put us fans through torture of having to watch the knicks not do well this season and next, but anyone who is thinking long-run of situation knows this was a good move towards winnign a championship...we all no we weren't goin anywhere with craw and Z, even if we did make the playoffs (which we still possibly can do) whoopdydo were out in 3 games and back to square one. not worth em

don

Rookie
So Ive been reading this blog for quite sometime, yet have never posted, preferring to read what others think about the knicks rather then voice my own opinion. However, I must say this site is becoming completly rediculous. The game threads and about half the posters are still great. However, the back and forth with a few of you is very childish. This site wasnt created to find out who the GREAT all time posters are, it was created to share opinions on the knicks. Team Starbury cats, while its great you love stephon and believe he got a raw deal, clearly he is not playing for the knicks anymore, so if all your posts revolve around him, you should make a new website. Now after all of that, the real reason I am posting, is to inform yous that I will most likely never visit this site again because it has turned into a circus, there are many people like me who just read the site and I have a feeling they will start to dwindle off to, and if youre not careful, this site may soon fade into the abyss, which would be a damn shame..

metrocard

Legend
In order to support the brilliance of ABCD...KBlack will join my ignore list also.

Posters who join my ignore list seem to die out from this forum, and lose respect automatically...so this is a power move.

Sigue ABCD...

Rudy Fernandez is a BEAST!

Jose Juan Barea is an upcoming NBA point guard...you guys need to remember that name.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
That was a tough loss. Brandon Roy just wouldn't stop scoring. The Knicks really needed this win. It's going to be hard trying to beat the Cavs. I'm still upset at that Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford trade. I feel the Knicks could have made the playoffs this year, had they kept them. But now, we're screwed. I like the fact that the Knicks are at least playing hard, though. Last year, the Knicks weren't even competitive 80% of the time.

I thought we weren't going to win 20 games because Mebury wasn't starting and only make the playoffs if he was? Now we won't make the playoffs because Crawford and Z-Bo are gone (even though Mebury wasn't playing at all)? Oh, and D'Antoni sucks too. SMH. Make up your mind man.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
All I know is I don't go around looking for trouble with other posters. Most of the people that attack me do it, because they are either jealous of my posting ability, or they are just plain haters that don't know how to respond to someone's posts without attacking them. If I attack a poster, it's because they attacked me first. I think that my posts are as good as they've always been. I've just gotten into more arguments, because people keep trying to attack me for no reason other than that they're jealous of the way I post.

I think the reason why you left Team Starbury was because you was using Team Starbury as a way to gain populartiy.
Another reason I think you left was because you was upset at all the posts I made against Mike D'Antoni(someone who you love to talk about and have a signature of).

its good to have haters, they fuel u....

like katt williams said in pimp chronicals pt.1 "...u need haters, they fuel u, if you got 14 haters now then u need to find a way to make it 16 by the end of the summer"...:teeth::teeth:....let haters hate

richtree

Rotation player
Mikey D has shown so - par in game coaching adjustments

we should have one this game...but we don't have a go to guy

it was

marbury -- gone
zach -- gone
nate -- hurt

= many loses

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Mikey D has shown so - par in game coaching adjustments

we should have one this game...but we don't have a go to guy

it was

marbury -- gone
zach -- gone
nate -- hurt

= many loses

yup, couldnt have said it better myself we lack that superstar that shows up late in games who could take over the game whenever he wants, like a Roy or Wade etc......Harden will be that player loll.....and until we get that player all these close games will be losses or a majority of them will be we need a takeover player we lack that Nate is good and plays well when he's needed but he isnt that player

richtree

Rotation player
yup, couldnt have said it better myself we lack that superstar that shows up late in games who could take over the game whenever he wants, like a Roy or Wade etc......Harden will be that player loll.....and until we get that player all these close games will be losses or a majority of them will be we need a takeover player we lack that Nate is good and plays well when he's needed but he isnt that player

haha., prince...You have seemed to catch on to me being a big James Harden fan.....

Too bad the rest of the world has as well, he will be a top 10 pick, maybe top 5 now

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea he's really good u learn alot about a player from following him thanks to my draft thread....now that i think about it its almost time for an update...expect one in the next couple of day loll