Waive me or Play me

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Let's suppose that Marbury returns, what would be the reaction of the players?
We would witness a fight almost every practice between Steph and Q...

nyk_nyk

All Star
This is all about who has the upper hand and it seems steph has it now. He's basically calling the shots right now because they HAVE TO PAY HIM. The only thing he loses is playing ball but the knicks are still 22 mil in the hole and will have this distraction all season long.

Knicks want to get rid of him and he gave them two options to make it happen. Their move. Steph looks to be bringing some street hustle into this.

Akamu

The King
This whole thing is a hell of a mess. We can continue to go back and fourth, but the best thing for the Knicks as a team is to trade Marbury. That wont happen until it's clear to every exec in the league that the buyouts have failed.

This must be more of your unbias posting POV. I think we're a little bit past apologies. D'Antoni never came out in the media and said Marbury's a cancer, something most of us know to be true. He handled it like a professional.

Was it professional for Marbury to say 'I wouldn't trust him to walk my dog across the street'? That's the problem with you guys.
It's always someone else's fault, but Marbury's. No one should diss anyone in the media, that's wrong, until Marbury does it then he gets a pass. That's not bias? What part of the game is that?

NO, instead he keeps it all to himself without making a clear decision before the start of the season, allows Steph to practice and play in the preseason, even start. Mind you, Starbury has shown his worth and value.

When the opening season game came around, he let it be known that Stephon WAS the cancer by telling Steph, he was not to be played or apart of the Knicks future. On top of that he was already SUITED up. (How disrespectful can you get?)

Do not come to me telling me he did not think he was a cancer or was a key negative influence. Jamal Crawful had the WORST performance in the pre-season but was STARTED at the 2 without question! Mike D. had it in for Steph and this statement is proof alone. Do I even have to mention the other bums on our team? Alright then

So do you call this professional to lead on a player then to abruptly unload him at the beginning of the season?

That's the problem with your opinion, it's biased towards Marbury because you dislike like him and you choose to take shots at Steph whenever you get the chance.

This is all about who has the upper hand and it seems steph has it now. He's basically calling the shots right now because they HAVE TO PAY HIM. The only thing he loses is playing ball but the knicks are still 22 mil in the hole and will have this distraction all season long.

Knicks want to get rid of him and he gave them two options to make it happen. Their move. Steph looks to be bringing some street hustle into this.

Mike D. brought it down on himself. If he is going to be upset about the relationship he might aswell smack himself for not handling it better.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Whats the deal with donchris? I dont know if i can take you seriously anymore. To say D'antoni has acted professional....you used to be one of the best posters on this site. But i keep sayin that hatred can blind people from the truth. I know that your not like all these other posters on this site, your better then this.

Great work as always akamu.....i think were gonna have to start sayin top 4 posters on this site instead of top 3. We got me, you, metro, abcd....I dont know what order but i do believe were the 4 best.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Whats the deal with donchris? I dont know if i can take you seriously anymore. To say D'antoni has acted professional....you used to be one of the best posters on this site. But i keep sayin that hatred can blind people from the truth. I know that your not like all these other posters on this site, your better then this.

Great work as always akamu.....i think were gonna have to start sayin top 4 posters on this site instead of top 3. We got me, you, metro, abcd....I dont know what order but i do believe were the 4 best.

lol is it jst a coincedence that all 4 of em are part of team starbury? i think not lol, they are the top 4 in your mind because for the most part they agree with you lol. that is a very biased top 4. and anywayz who cares about top 1,2,or 3? does it really make you feel better tellin yourself your the #1 person on a knicks forum?

metrocard

Legend
lol is it jst a coincedence that all 4 of em are part of team starbury? i think not lol, they are the top 4 in your mind because for the most part they agree with you lol. that is a very biased top 4. and anywayz who cares about top 1,2,or 3? does it really make you feel better tellin yourself your the #1 person on a knicks forum?

Do you feel hurt that no one knows you?
Stop complaining son.
Just post and talk BBall.

All these new members do is BITCH and CRY about how cocky the vets are.
Stop sweating us.
k, thanks, bye.

jpz17

Starter

when it comes to Knicks, Akamu is top 10 not top 4.. ABCD goes down one.. you got you, metro, kiya, don, prince, abcd, and i don't know starks.. getreal..

TOP 5 WORST

OG
OKG
any other dumb new guy

metrocard

Legend
when it comes to Knicks, Akamu is top 10 not top 4.. ABCD goes down one.. you got you, metro, kiya, don, prince, abcd, and i don't know starks.. getreal..

TOP 5 WORST

OG
OKG
any other dumb new guy

MSG, ABCD Akama, GetReal, Kiyaman, DonChris all rank above me. I've been slacking with my post effort and haven't been crushing the fools, Isiahsexuals like I used to. Thats why so many herbs are registering now, before they would be shook of the ether I brought.

Toma.

But back to topic.

Marbury should be offered an apology from D'Antoni and be played again. It would show D'Antoni is the bigger man(I'm looking at this from D'Antoni's perspective who needs to act his age right now instead of hold a useless grudge against the most talented, experienced, skilled and dynamic guard on the roster.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
MSG, ABCD Akama, GetReal, Kiyaman, DonChris all rank above me. I've been slacking with my post effort and haven't been crushing the fools, Isiahsexuals like I used to. Thats why so many herbs are registering now, before they would be shook of the ether I brought.

Toma.

But back to topic.

Marbury should be offered an apology from D'Antoni and be played again. It would show D'Antoni is the bigger man(I'm looking at this from D'Antoni's perspective who needs to act his age right now instead of hold a useless grudge against the most talented, experienced, skilled and dynamic guard on the roster.

i agree with that part, d'antoni knew from the start that he wasnt gonna let marbury play jst because he didnt like him in phoenix. and i think we both kno d'antoni wud neva apoligize to steph. lol no chance whatsoeva.

YOU guys DO KNOW that d'antoni asked walsh before the season started to trade marbury right?

xcept, NO ONE...i mean NO ONE, was willing to take $21.9 million in the form of starbury.

imagine someone not willing to take $21.9 million worth of expiring contract...thats how bad starbury is.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
YOU guys DO KNOW that d'antoni asked walsh before the season started to trade marbury right?

xcept, NO ONE...i mean NO ONE, was willing to take $21.9 million in the form of starbury.

imagine someone not willing to take $21.9 million worth of expiring contract...thats how bad starbury is.

lol i hate to be defending this guy, but its not cause he cant play. think about how much another team would have to give up just to get him. it just wasnt worth it. if he was makin less money im sure some1 would have done a trade

Pricey

Rotation player

if the contract was between $10mill and $15mill Marbury would have had been traded. Unfortunatley $21mill for 1 season is a lot and obviously most clubs wouldnt look at it.
Hopefully Marbury gets bought out and we can move on.

JayJ44

Starter
I wish D'antoni would have just played him from the beginning so we wouldn't have to go through all this crap. I highly doubt Marbury ever plays for us again after all this, so they need to just waive him and give him his money. This stuff needs to end.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
<TABLE width=750 border=0><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 30px"><TD class=p_tddetails noWrap width="10%">Shawn Marion</TD><TD class=p_tddetails noWrap width="15%">Forward</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width="75%">2008/09: $17.18 million </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
for

<TABLE width=750 border=0><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 30px"><TD class=p_tddetails noWrap width="10%">Stephon Marbury</TD><TD class=p_tddetails noWrap width="15%">Guard</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width="75%">2008/09: $21,937,500</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

4.5 mil off from a trade., the heat don't have any other expiring contracts to include to even out this deal....

so a third team would have to be involved...

plus , marion wanted out from the suns., and is aging and would basically be a rental -- because they can't sign him until the 2010 signing are done....

So this wouldn't make sense for the Knicks....plus is he really any good any more ?

Sorry but that's not correct.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=509~510&teams=14~18&te=&cash=

Marion for Marbury will work without another team. The trade doesn't have to be equal to the dollar. I believe the incoming player must make no more then 25% of the outgoing player. Something like that. At any rate, as you can see according to ESPN trade machine, the trade works. Marion on a decline? Could be, but the point is he's got an expiring contract which works for our future plans. Besides, as bad as this team is any half decent player can get an opportunity to shine. This maybe the type of situation Marion was looking for. He didn't want to be a third option for the Suns. He'd surely be a top scorer for the Knicks.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Marbury was given a 4 year-76 million dollar contract. It's not his fault he was given all that money. Donnie Walsh needs to pay Marbury and let him go to a contender. He needs to stop being so cheap. It's not like D'Antoni plans on using Marbury.

richtree

Rotation player
yes, but now you are assuming the Heat don't mind paying 3 million more dollars just to get rid of marion...

Im not sure about that

Toons

is the Bo$$
Marbury was given a 4 year-76 million dollar contract. It's not his fault he was given all that money. Donnie Walsh needs to pay Marbury and let him go to a contender. He needs to stop being so cheap. It's not like D'Antoni plans on using Marbury.

walsh doesnt pay him you IDIOT.....dolan does.

Toons

is the Bo$$
when isiah was gm, did you recall anyone saying isiah paid someone money to play? no. the gm does not own the team, and he does no sign checks.

Toons

is the Bo$$
it all boils down to dolan and marbury. dont listen to the media. dolan also owns newsday, they will never post his name in a situation like this.