Retirement for Mobley?

metrocard

Legend
With Cuttino Mobley still not in uniform following his trade to the New York Knicks, the New York Post has made reference to the possibility of Mobley filing papers for a medical retirement today because of a heart condition.

The move appears to be bizarre considering the condition was detected when Mobley was with the Houston Rockets, and he has played without problems with the Orlando Magic, Sacramento Kings and L.A. Clippers since then.

Mobley was averaging 33 minutes and 14 points a game this season before the the trade.

I honestly don't care. He's not part of our future, but definately is a better option than Crawford.

Bring back H20!!!

GetRealistic

Starter
Anybody have any knowledge on the injury/retirement exception we'd get from the league if he did retire?

That would give us cap space right now to add somebody next season.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This will open up a roster spot and actually save us 75% of his contract (insurance).

I'm not sure Houston is the answer. He barely made it through training camp, I don't see him surviving a full season, especially in the up-tempo system with a depleted roster.

There has got to be some free agents out there that we could sign for a year. Fred Jones? Is he still available. We will probably sign Ewing Jr.

Hey Kiya, Demetris Nichols is probably available. Give Donnie a call.

With Mebury gone soon, we will have 2 roster spots open. Does anybody have a list of (decent) free agents. Not a list containing players that will never play again (e.g. Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf).

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
This sucks i woulda loved to see him in a knick uniform his shooting woulda been a plus for us but retirement is better for him we save more money on cap this way and opens up a roster spot......Ewing JR #6 i gonna be back soon

metrocard

Legend
This will open up a roster spot and actually save us 75% of his contract (insurance).

I'm not sure Houston is the answer. He barely made it through training camp, I don't see him surviving a full season, especially in the up-tempo system with a depleted roster.

There has got to be some free agents out there that we could sign for a year. Fred Jones? Is he still available. We will probably sign Ewing Jr.

Hey Kiya, Demetris Nichols is probably available. Give Donnie a call.

With Mebury gone soon, we will have 2 roster spots open. Does anybody have a list of (decent) free agents. Not a list containing players that will never play again (e.g. Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf).

Did Allan Houston have anal sex with your mother?

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Fred Jones is available, Damon Stoudamire is available, Kirk Snyder, Bonzi Wells, Smush Parker are available

But Mobley is better than any of them imo

feetoe

Benchwarmer
too bad the Knicks can't make a trade for DJ Mbenga, he's good running the floor with D'Antoni's system

richtree

Rotation player
In response to New York Post report that Cuttino Mobley could be about to retire due to his heart condition, Alan Hahn of Newsday writes that a retirement announcement is not imminent.

Mobley is still undergoing tests that won't be complete until next week, after which he and the Knicks will determine the next step. Hahn agrees that Mobley may end up retiring, but it sounds like official word won't be coming down this week.

metrocard

Legend
Your mom and dad don't love you, do they. It's the only explanation for such blatant attempts for attention.

I raped your mother; with going into the process of taking a shit on her saggy wrinkled chest.

n173900770_9269.jpg

looks like ur jealous.....does allan houston have anal sex with you? maybe him n marbury tag up and train you....lmao at metrosexual

real goose

Only a real faggot would of think of something like that.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I think that we'll do better, once Nate and Jared are back: they'll give us more D and scoring. Hopefully, Harrington can start to play in the post, we need some sort of inside presence. David Lee should be sent down there, too. He just might be able to do some good things, down low. I'd like to see if he can knock down some hook shots, with some sort of regularity.

As for metrocard, he reminds me of some of the special ed. kids I've worked with, deficient in all ways but one: acting crazy.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think that we'll do better, once Nate and Jared are back: they'll give us more D and scoring. Hopefully, Harrington can start to play in the post, we need some sort of inside presence. David Lee should be sent down there, too. He just might be able to do some good things, down low. I'd like to see if he can knock down some hook shots, with some sort of regularity.

As for metrocard, he reminds me of some of the special ed. kids I've worked with, deficient in all ways but one: acting crazy.
Agreed.

Metro = Lame ass who's highlight in life is talking shit on knicksonline.

JayJ44

Starter
Sucks about Mobley, wish we could have gotten a draft pick out of the deal because of this. I would love to see H20 in a Knick uniform again, but it's not likely. If he's up to it, I'm all for it though. He would definitely become our best 3 point shooter. Otherwise, let's try to find a gem in the D-League.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I raped your mother; with going into the process of taking a shit on her saggy wrinkled chest.

n173900770_9269.jpg

Only a real faggot would of think of something like that.

Did I hurt your fellings? Maybe hit a little too close to home with the parents don't love you stuff, huh. I suggest many hours of severe mental therapy.

metrocard

Legend
many hours of severe mental therapy.

If that what you call the neck from your mom, then yes, I get a lot of mental therapy from Mama LJ4pt.

Agreed.

Metro = Lame ass who's highlight in life is talking shit on knicksonline.

Little irelevant man, you would drink the sweat from my ass in hopes to fulfil your dream of being me. No one knows about you, on Knicksonline and in real life. I'm just the bomb everywhere I go, thats just me.

You mad?
Just another hater to stratch off my nuts.

Aren't you the same idiot who thought Eddy Curry is a top 4 center in the NBA?

Last season Curry ranked #2 in scoring among centers. What place would put him on the current top 10 NBA center list?

Everything has to be factored in. Pts, Reb, Blk, FG%...

Yao Ming
Shaq O'Neill
Dwight Howard
Eddie Curry
Marcus Camby
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Alonzo Mourning
Nenad Kristic
Al Jefferson
Chris Kaman

Damn, what a moron.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
If Mobley does retire, Carlos Delfino (from Argentina) may be available too.
He signed with a non-euroleague team from Russia for big cash this year, but the team seems to have financial problems. He declined to continue playing there, unless they start paying

The guy averaged 9 points and 4.4 rebounds at SG for Raptors last year in 23.5 minutes, 0.38 on 3 pointers. He's big and a good defender too
Was restricted FA with Raptors, dont know why they didnt resign

nyk_nyk

All Star
Aren't you the same idiot who thought Eddy Curry is a top 4 center in the NBA?

Damn, what a moron.

Learn how to read you sorry excuse for a human being. My post was pure fact. At the time EC was scoring nearly 20 ppg for the Knicks before the Z-bo trade. Also, I clearly said SCORING CENTER lady boy. It was my opinion that he was a better scorer than the players listed below him. Learn to read and comprehend!

Also, I don't need to be known or the most popular on a forum website. I do very well out in the real world you basement dwelling loser.

:machinegun: