Wilson Chandler Thread

DanL

Rookie
guys need to stop sweating WC cause he ain't done shit yet...

F*&king Trevor Ariza is better than him right now

Wow. You are way off base on that. As good as Ariza has become, if you asked the Lakers which guy they'd rather have, I don't think its a contest between Ariza and Chandler.

All the Chandler haters need to realize that what we are seeing out of him right now is just a preview of what he will become.

He is 21 and barely played last year...he is essentially a rookie. Of course there will be some consistency issues but the future is bright. For more on this please see:

http://www.knicksfan.net/?p=189#comments . Thanks

Red

TYPE-A
Wilson Chandler is the best player on the Knicks roster right now!!!! I challenge anyone who thinks different. Considering his skill set, potential, age and price tag. Anyone arguing this might as well wait for football season (bball isn't your game). Not only is he coveted by us (Knicks f.o.) by EVERY team that wants to deal w/ us inquires about him... I wonder why? Stupid mothf*ckers want to trade for players worse than him (see why above). On another note: How can someone say they hate everthing Isaiah did/does but they're bitchin' and suppprt Marbury? Dumb-ass, dyslexic bi-polar n*ggas!! SMH...

dave2138

Rotation player
I don't understand why you guys think Chandler has already reached his peak. Thats like saying Jordan Hill has already reached his peak. At 22 years old I'm sure there is still some time to improve.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Wilson Chandler is the best player on the Knicks roster right now!!!! I challenge anyone who thinks different. Considering his skill set, potential, age and price tag. Anyone arguing this might as well wait for football season (bball isn't your game). Not only is he coveted by us (Knicks f.o.) by EVERY team that wants to deal w/ us inquires about him... I wonder why? Stupid mothf*ckers want to trade for players worse than him (see why above). On another note: How can someone say they hate everthing Isaiah did/does but they're bitchin' and suppprt Marbury? Dumb-ass, dyslexic bi-polar n*ggas!! SMH...

Agreed...kats are sleeping on an young, athletic, multi-positioned player who has yet to peak. Chandler is going to have a great year and show the haters they know next to nothing about the Knicks...let alone basketball.

Red

TYPE-A
Agreed...kats are sleeping on an young, athletic, multi-positioned player who has yet to peak. Chandler is going to have a great year and show the haters they know next to nothing about the Knicks...let alone basketball.

I'm not saying he's a Paul Pierce or even an all-star. And him being the best Knick really doesn't say much, but from what I've seen he at least is the brightest spot on this team. There is no one on this roster the opposition would like more than Chandler, including Double/double no D Lee!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I'm not saying he's a Paul Pierce or even an all-star. And him being the best Knick really doesn't say much, but from what I've seen he at least is the brightest spot on this team. There is no one on this roster the opposition would like more than Chandler, including Double/double no D Lee!

I think you are right when you factor in salary. Chandler has the most bang for the buck but I think Lee is the better player currently. Teams are high on Chandler because of his contract, age and upside.

Red

TYPE-A
I think you are right when you factor in salary. Chandler has the most bang for the buck but I think Lee is the better player currently. Teams are high on Chandler because of his contract, age and upside.

Forget salary for a sec.. Hypothetically speaking if available who do you think the Lakers or Cav's would want more: Chandler or Lee? You know if you come off the bench you either have to be a knock down shooter or lock down defender... Lee is neither. Now what's your opinion?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Forget salary for a sec.. Hypothetically speaking if available who do you think the Lakers or Cav's would want more: Chandler or Lee? You know if you come off the bench you either have to be a knock down shooter or lock down defender... Lee is neither. Now what's your opinion?

Sorry but I think at this time Lee is twice the player Chandler is. That can change this season but as far as games in the book, there is no competition. If salaries were not an issue I guarantee both LA and Clev would go for Lee.

Lee > Bynum
Lee > Verajao
etc
etc

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I like Lee. He's a good rebounder and role player, but his skill set is often overstated. He clearly is not in high demand. We can see this because a deal hasn't been done yet. He's not a 10 million a year guy even though he'd like to be. If he starts to average 18 and 10 I'll change my view on him.

Not really sure Lee to Chandler is a fair comparison. Chandler can give you 17 off the bench.

Red

TYPE-A
I like Lee. He's a good rebounder and role player, but his skill set is often overstated. He clearly is not in high demand. We can see this because a deal hasn't been done yet. He's not a 10 million a year guy even though he'd like to be. If he starts to average 18 and 10 I'll change my view on him.

Not really sure Lee to Chandler is a fair comparison. Chandler can give you 17 off the bench.

Thank you! Lee is a waste of a 6'9" body. His best attribute is to basket hang and REBOUND?! I bet if we gave Chandler all those minutes at PF he could be a double/double guy also, with better defense. If you're a 6'9" starting PF you should either be a scorer or defender Lee is neither... plus he is demanding big numbers. This off season is a reality check. A solid rebounder isn't that saught after in this league as he thought. Its secondary to what his main attribute should be at the 4 which is PPG or Defense. Sorry Lee, no one wants to overpay for a "role player" in this economy. Now if a main guy goes down on a contender (and Lee's price was still cheap) circumstance would dictate he would be in demand. But as is he's a complimentary player with all-star money dreams.

Sprewell

Rookie
There are only 3 Knicks left from the "Isiah Era": Curry, Jeffries, and Chandler. Of those 3, Chandler will probably be the only one still on the team in a year or two. I think you could compare him to Danny Granger, who was a rookie in 06. He was on the same team as Ron Artest, Jamaal Tinsley, Jermaine O'Neal, and Stephen Jackson. Now he's the leader of his team, and a superstar. I think the same will happen to Chandler in 2-3 years.

Coastyn

Rookie
Sorry but I think at this time Lee is twice the player Chandler is. That can change this season but as far as games in the book, there is no competition. If salaries were not an issue I guarantee both LA and Clev would go for Lee.

Lee > Bynum
Lee > Verajao
etc
etc

LMAO...Lee better than Bynum!! I love David Lee man, but thats ridiculous...Lets say Bynum was on the Knicks...He'd grab just as much boards (Check his stats before Gasol became a laker) and he actually has post offense other ways to score rather than just the pick n roll and put-backs...wow...i wish Lee was better than Bynum....

thats a tru knicks fan :gony:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I thought I would bump this thread since Chandler is the hot topic du jour. I think I was spot on with my comparisons of RJ. Funny to see what some were saying. Some people just don't have any patience to allow a player to develop.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
LMAO...Lee better than Bynum!! I love David Lee man, but thats ridiculous...Lets say Bynum was on the Knicks...He'd grab just as much boards (Check his stats before Gasol became a laker) and he actually has post offense other ways to score rather than just the pick n roll and put-backs...wow...i wish Lee was better than Bynum....

thats a tru knicks fan :gony:

Time has proven me right.