Houston out for rest of regular season?!

kevin

Benchwarmer
Allan Houston is giving no timetable for his return and hinted Tuesday that his knee injury might keep him from rejoining the Knicks for the rest of the regular season.

This is terrible for the knicks obivoulsy. Allen is the most consistent shooter, spreads the floor, makes the defense work....... without him our playoff chances are definitly lessened. Although this is a bad situation for the knicks their is some upside. I see Demarr becoming a major role in the knicks offense if Allan is forced to miss a lot of games. I just hope the knicks can hold their play off position and have allen ready if we make the playoffs

what do you think?

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/24/sports/basketball/24KNIC.html

rady

Administrator
Staff member
this is very bad news indeed, i was expecting this to come since houston's been injured the whole season, let's just hope dermarr will get more time now and contribute. this is his chance

rick700

Rookie
Assuming thomas comes back in the next few games and nobody else gets injured i dont think the knicks will have a problem keeping a playoff spot. B/c even without houston they are a better team then boston. But if houston is not around for the playoffs they are done in 1. Marbury is slicing through the defense and trying to draw the defense but there is no one there. Shandon and hardaway cannot hit the 3 consistently. I just hope houston gets a couple of games before the playoffs begin. B/c we all know that allan takes some time to get his groove back after he sits out for a while and we dont wont his adjustment period to be against the nets or pacers.

6thman

Benchwarmer
Houston should come back now and not wait until the play off! Let's be honnest, Ny won't go very far in the PO against big teams ( but let's hope it will happen :p ) . So what i mean is that Ny should concentrate on making sure they will go to the PO...
But actually the second situation is as bad as the other :?
Well let's win against Toronto tomorrow and hope that Tim will return as soon as possible :hoops:

WiL8000

Rotation player
I saw this coming. Houston has been hurting all year, this sucks. I hope he can make it back before the playoffs begin as well. I do have a theory on how the Knicks can win most of their upcoming games, before the end of the season. Bench Shandon Anderson, and play Penny Hardaway less that you do now. These two have been as cold as ice. Let Dermarr and Sweetney get the minutes that the Knicks would give Penny and Shandon. I'll be the first to say I'm impressed with Naz. But Baker should have more playing time than him.

aaron

Rookie
I think that the best thing for houston and the knicks is for houston to sit out and rest his ailing body for the rest of the season. He has been strugling with injuries all season and houston at around 60-75 percent could be replaced with several other players on the team (granted they have to actually perform). If houston rushes back and gets injured, he may be jeopardizing not only this season for the knicks, but possible next season as well. Though the knicks have the potential this season to make the playoffs, and maybe even win a series (though right now it isn't looking too good), the knicks have the team to compete very strongly next year with a healthy squad that actually is used to playing with each other. Put in the possibility that wilkins may better learn how to utilize his team, and the knicks can be a significant force in the NBA, BUT NOT WITHOUT A HEALTHY HOUSTON.

Swishfm3

Rookie
All you guys saying he should rest for the playoffs or crazy....

WHO SAYS THE KNICKS ARE GUARANTEED TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR?

Now is the time to see who got HEART in this team...Penny is playing with a bum leg and he's out there...why not Houston?

you know what..it doesn't even matter cuz Houston SUCKS anyway...I used to have love for the man, but the love is gone. When and if he comes back he is better served coming off the bench.

but not in the 4th QTR...cuz we all know he's HOULESS to us in crunch time.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
If the Knicks can't get into the playoffs without Houston then they don't deserve to get to the playoffs!!!

It's pointless to say that Huston should play to help the Knicks GET into the playoffs. Should Houston risk making his injury worse by coming back too early just to get the Knicks into the playoffs?

Hell no!!!!

If these guys can't get to the playoffs without Houston, then they definately won't win any playoff games without Houston.