Nate Robinson is the starting SG for the rest of the season

JayJ44

Starter
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said on Saturday that Nate Robinson is in line to start at shooting guard for the rest of the season.
Robinson needs to get a few games under him, but with Cuttino Mobley retiring the door is wide open. Quentin Richardson will likely move to the bench where he is even less dependable, while Robinson should be a fantasy force as long as he stays healthy.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NBA&id=1153&line=105548&spln=1

Nate definitely deserves it. But I think I liked Nate's energy coming off the bench. Thoughts?

KBlack25

Starter
Some people on here have mentioned, and I'm not sure I agree but it could be possible, that the reason Nate has flourished is BECAUSE he is off the bench, taking advantage of tired starters. Obviously I hope he really has come into his own, and his energy can transfer to the starting lineup as well as it has off the bench. Some guys, however, are just better suited to coming off the bench (see: Ginobli, Manu) and perhaps Nate is one of those guys.

On the other hand, he's earned the starting role with his play this year, so hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. I also hope Nate can start to develop more PG skill so we can use him as a combo guard and have a 3-4 man guard rotation that will confuse and frustrate teams on defense...

I see Nate more like our 6th man. Hes perfect to come on and energize the team from the bench. For the most part I dont mind throwing Nate in the starting five and seeing how it pans out, but I do think we should wait untill he is 100%. And I mean really 100% if he is gonna get starter minutes b/c groin injuries can become very nagging if you dont let it heal properly and the last thing we need is for him to become injured for a long periode of time

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I see Nate more like our 6th man. Hes perfect to come on and energize the team from the bench. For the most part I dont mind throwing Nate in the starting five and seeing how it pans out, but I do think we should wait untill he is 100%. And I mean really 100% if he is gonna get starter minutes b/c groin injuries can become very nagging if you dont let it heal properly and the last thing we need is for him to become injured for a long periode of time

yup he'd def win a 6th man of the year award with us someday.....but i like the idea of plugging him as a starter were desperate for a scorer and he provides that until we get a proven scorer he should play as our starter and i always thought Q-Rich would be better off the bench for us...

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Some guys, however, are just better suited to coming off the bench (see: Ginobli, Manu) and perhaps Nate is one of those guys.

Seeing how great is Ginobili as the main option for Argentina national team, i think he is perfectly suited for starting.
its just that this spurs team gets lots of scoring and penetration from Duncan/Parker, and prefer to surround them with 3point and defence guys. Ginobili and Parker duplicate each other a little, and since their bench used to be mostly defence in past years, it made lots of sense to play him with the second unit

As for us, we dont really have a defensive 2nd unit that needs one guy to do all scoring. so i think it doesnt make much sense to keep hottest guys on the bench.
unless we get a good guard from trade (pls Walsh pretty pls get us Mike Miller) Nate looks like a starter on this team

One thing I fear - this may totally put Nate out of our price range and we lose him for nothing in summer

I Still think nate is the man, butttt we need another SG seriously. I think we can win games like we did last night and take advantage of defenseless teams, ( which by the way other than in the first 8 minutes of the third quarter last night, the knicks defense looked awesome) but we do need another SG a big body Sg ala stackhouse. So while nate is great starting, the rotation is still incomplete.

CoolClyde

Starting N8

N8, Duhon, Lee, Harrington, Chandler is the best starting lineup we've seen in ages, full of energy and promise; they can beat any shiddy team in the league. N8, Duhon and Lee are the heart of the Knicks, Chandler and Harrington will get better as Wil gets more minutes and Al gets used to playing with the squad, he's already replaced Crawfish, easily. I'd rather see N8 shooting 3s than Q, the only problem is him being able to guard bigger guys. Can he do it? Tim Thomas and Jared Jeffries look good coming off the bench, I'm happy seeing Q ride the pine, he's the streakiest player in the league. Go N8! Go DLee! Duhon the Dime is on time!

metrocard

Legend
Robinson is very dynamic but he won't be much of a mismatch in comparision with other NBA SG's. Oh well, we'll see how we do as the smallest team in the NBA.