The New York Knicks (11-12)
Knicks_Logo.gif

vs
The Phoenix Suns (14-10)
Phoenix-Suns%20logo%20for%20web.jpg

Monday, December 15 2008

us_airways_center_300.jpg

@ US Airways Center in PHX, Arizona home of the 2009 Allstar Game

The Knicks are traveling to Arizona as they take on the Suns. Heres the JPZ17 Road Trip Report:
roadtrip.jpg

The Knicks went to Sacramento first then they will stop in Phoenix to take on the Suns, then later they will travel to LA to face Kobe and the Lakers. Then finally they go back to New York.

Snowflake.gif
pregame.png
Snowflake.gif

nba_dime5_268.jpg
johnson_289x171.jpg

_1190428_sprewell300.jpg

houston.bmp

Welcome to the JPZ17 Pre-Game Show
I would just like to say Happy Holidays!! This IS the season for Knick basketball!!!!!!
NYC_Street_2_SM.jpg

If you didn't catch the last game here's your highlights!

KqLebDbYkyw-BYgkyD06b6SXC8el

Knicks 114, Kings 90

JPZ17's most important part of last game
  1. Harrington showed hes for real
  2. Nate is healthy
  3. Sacramento sucks
  4. Kept the lead
  5. WON
14172ca8-ca8b-4904-841f-1a8db4b11707.jpg

76acf183-7412-4e72-8750-95e7ded39c38.jpg

.................................................. .........................................

I'll be your host today as the Knicks take on Steve Nash and the Suns!!!
This is the first time Mike D'Antoni will go up against the Suns since his bad break-up with the Suns.
mike_d_antoni_feature.jpg

tytyn53f.jpg

dantoni.jpg

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NiO-7EpkITE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xupO_9akHGw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

It will be a very very emotional return for D'Antoni.. Speaking of D'Antoni let's check out Jpz17's Game Polls:
Todays question was what will the reaction of the Suns fans be of D'Antoni.. so far people are voting for they will cheer him. On nyknicks.com there is a poll related to D'Antoni..

<table class="pollResultTable" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td> <table width="100%" border="0"><tbody><tr><td class="pollQuestion" align="left"> Which game during the five game
road trip has the best subplot?

</td> </tr> <tr><td width="100%" align="left"> D'Antoni returns to Phoenix
</td></tr> <tr><td width="100%"><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td class="pollBar" width="45%">
</td> <td> 54%
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr><td width="100%" align="left"> Kobe vs. the Knicks
</td></tr> <tr><td width="100%"><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td class="pollBar" width="19%">
</td> <td> 23%
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr><td width="100%" align="left"> Knicks vs Nets Hudson River Rivalry
</td></tr> <tr><td width="100%"><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td class="pollBar" width="14%">
</td> <td> 17%
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr><td width="100%" align="left"> Duhon returns to Chicago
</td></tr> <tr><td width="100%"><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td class="pollBar" width="5%">
</td> <td> 6%
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td class="pollBorderLine" width="1">
blank.gif
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" class="pollBorderLine" height="1">
blank.gif
</td> </tr></tbody></table>
Although the Phoenix Suns didn't reach the NBA finals in five seasons under Mike D'Antoni, they averaged 58 wins in the last four with the coach's up-tempo philosophy.
Despite sporting a depleted roster in the midst of a major rebuilding project, the New York Knicks are starting to see why.D'Antoni makes his first return to Phoenix since his summer split with the Suns on Monday night, with his Knicks looking for a third straight win on their five-game road trip.The Suns hired D'Antoni during the 2003-04 season, and after a difficult first season, they went 62-20 in 2004-05 and reached the Western Conference finals.D'Antoni's high-scoring, "seven seconds or less" offense brought Phoenix similar results each of the past three seasons, but the Suns' playoff results never improved, as they lost in the first round to San Antonio last spring.D'Antoni was given permission to pursue other openings and eventually released from the final two years of his contract, with second-year general manager Steve Kerr admitting a difference in philosophy.The Knicks hired D'Antoni in May to pick up the pieces after Isiah Thomas' failed stint as coach and general manager, but the new coach said at the time that he wasn't planning on waiting to start winning."I look at the roster and that's the roster I'm going to win with," D'Antoni said in May. "My focus is to win this coming year."Even though guard Stephon Marbury remains estranged from the team and top scorers Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford have been traded, the Knicks (11-12) appear to have improved. D'Antoni's style has quickly taken hold, as the team ranks third in the NBA with 105.0 points per game and second-worst with 106.8 points allowed.New York has looked good in its last four games, winning three while scoring at least 100 points each time. After a 121-109 victory at New Jersey on Wednesday, they led 43-21 after one quarter and cruised to a 114-90 road win over Sacramento on Saturday."Our team is on a mission, we're trying to win as many games as possible," guard Nate Robinson said. "This system is the best, we're having a lot of fun right now."Al Harrington in certainly having a good time in it, averaging 25.5 points in 10 games since coming over in the trade that sent Crawford to Golden State. He's averaged 36 points in the last two contests and was 5-of-9 from 3-point range against the Kings."This is a dream come true," Harrington said. "I've been waiting for this my whole career."Under new coach Terry Porter, meanwhile, the Suns (14-10) are off to their worst start since they were 8-13 when D'Antoni was hired in December 2003. Point guard Steve Nash, who averaged 17.5 points and 11.2 assists in the last four seasons under his former coach, is averaging 15.2 points and 8.4 assists this season.Defense was one of the team's weak spots under D'Antoni, but the Suns haven't been much different under Porter, allowing more than 100 points in each of the last nine games.Phoenix's roster has undergone changes, as the team traded forward Boris Diaw and guard Raja Bell as part of a five-player deal with Charlotte to acquire swingman Jason Richardson last week. Richardson scored 21 points in his debut Friday, helping his new team to a 113-112 home win over Orlando."I'm just proud to be a part of this (team)," Richardson said. "When it all comes down to it, you just play basketball."Grant Hill's reverse layup with 2.7 seconds left gave Phoenix the victory as the Suns won for the third time in four games. They also figure to get Shaquille O'Neal back Monday after the center missed the last two games following the death of his great-grandmother.The Suns have won four straight against the Knicks, and Monday's game should again feature plenty of scoring. Both clubs have topped 100 points in their last three meetings.-ESPN
Official JPZ17 Game Prediction:

Knicks 128
Suns 125

I know guys, you are thinking its the Suns.. Are you crazy??? Well, the fact is during this game all of the Suns will remember D'Antoni.. They will want to play for his system again.. Because the Knicks will be playing it.. They will have forgetten the system and not be adjusted to it. D'Antoni will try so so hard to win this. I'm sure these guys will want to win it for him.. Nate Robinson will remember, hey, these guys drafted me, and then then he will try to play extra hard to prove he is good. Q Rich will also want to prove he is good.. I'm sure Q will have a decent game.

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="8" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Gameday Matchup</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td>
</td> <td>W-L</td> <td>PF</td> <td>PA</td> <td>HOME</td> <td>ROAD</td> <td>STK</td> <td>L10</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">NY</td> <td>11-12</td> <td>105.0</td> <td>106.8</td> <td>7-4</td> <td>4-8</td> <td>W2</td> <td>4-6</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">PHO</td> <td>14-10</td> <td>102.2</td> <td>102.1</td> <td>7-5</td> <td>7-5</td> <td>W1</td> <td>5-5</td></tr></tbody></table>
and now.... for a SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION!!!

I introduce......
NYKNICKS126!!!!!
nyKnicks126 <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_45990", true); </script>
Go 1990s New York Knicks!

reputation_pos.gif

in my opinion its going to be a good game obviously there game doesn't differ all that much, Terry Porter is kinda a offense defense type of coach, so it's going to be a high scoring affair without question. The key to the game the Knicks have to be in the flow of their offense, hit the threes like they have been doing the whole season so far, and they got to be on the boards like they did in the Sacramento game, they got to contain Amare, that guy will be the biggest factor. The key, and exciting matchup to watch for the game will be Nash vs. Duhon both tied in 5th place for assists per game this season at 8.4 apg. I think the newly acquired J. Richardson will be playing, I really think they got the upper hand in that trade. Hard to see who is going to win that game, its a toss up really. D'Antoni will be happy to see a win in Phoenix for sure. It's going to be tough though. (Man NBA TV really is givin the Knicks love).
Thanks nyknicks126!

Wow, nyknicks126, amazing.. This is great..

t_mobile_fave5_logo_180.jpg

presents

JPZ17's
Barkley_s_fave_five_Saul_Salazar_444x500.JPG

FAVE 5 KEYS TO WINNING
  • Get Al on fire
  • Stop Amare
  • Run the FB
  • Let Duhon lead
  • Get the PHX to root for D'Antoni:thumbsup:
JPZ17's
FIVE THINGS TO
LOOK OUT FOR

cartoon_eyes-160x157.jpg

1. A HUGE ovation for D'Antoni
  2. Nash crying
  3. All the Suns greeting him
  4. QRich finally shows
  5. Jerome James LMAO
Opponents Last Game

PHO 113, ORL 112

IN THE PRESS:
Nate is back
Steve Nash a knick??
Ewing Jr. goes to D-Leauge

and now it's time for JPZ's starting lineup

New York Knicks Position PHX Suns

2772.jpg
David Lee C Shaq O'Neal
614.jpg

basketball-edge-slight-right.gif

Wow, big size difference.. I have to say Shaq>>>>Lee easy, sorry
JPZ17's Key matchup
oldKey.gif

308.jpg
Al Harrington PF Amare Stoudimire
1727.jpg

Great match-up.. Amare>>Harrington

3194.jpg
Wilson Chandler SF Grant Hill
336.jpg
basketball-edge-even.gif

Interesting... Chandler could win this..
2782.jpg
Nate Robinson SG Jason Richardson
1018.jpg

wow Jason Richardson a sun!!! big big big..
a scrub could do that)

2377.jpg
Chris Duhon PG Steve Nash
592.jpg

Yeah.. I don't know.. Nash>>>Duhon, and I'm being generous..

JPZ17's Player Pressure
Which Knicks is under the most pressure to succeed????

color-fog-lights.jpg

The answer: Mike D'Antoni

30066.jpg

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" bgcolor="#225ea8"><td colspan="15">Career Record</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left">YEAR</td> <td align="left">TEAM</td> <td>G</td> <td>W</td> <td>L</td> <!-- <td>T</td> --> <td>PCT</td> <td>POSTW</td> <td>POSTL</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">1999</td> <td align="left">Denver Nuggets</td> <td>50</td> <td>14</td> <td>36</td> <td>.280</td> <td>--</td> <td>--</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2004</td> <td align="left">Phoenix Suns</td> <td>61</td> <td>21</td> <td>40</td> <td>.344</td> <td>--</td> <td>--</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2005</td> <td align="left">Phoenix Suns</td> <td>82</td> <td>62</td> <td>20</td> <td>.756</td> <td>9</td> <td>6</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2006</td> <td align="left">Phoenix Suns</td> <td>82</td> <td>54</td> <td>28</td> <td>.659</td> <td>10</td> <td>10</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2007</td> <td align="left">Phoenix Suns</td> <td>82</td> <td>61</td> <td>21</td> <td>.744</td> <td>6</td> <td>5</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2008</td> <td align="left">Phoenix Suns</td> <td>82</td> <td>55</td> <td>27</td> <td>.671</td> <td>1</td> <td>4</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2009</td> <td align="left">New York Knicks</td> <td>23</td> <td>11</td> <td>12</td> <td>.478</td> <td>--</td> <td>--</td> </tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left">CAREER</td> <td align="left">7 years</td> <td>462</td> <td>278</td> <td>184</td> <td>.602</td> <td>26</td> <td>25</td></tr></tbody></table>
LEADERSHIP WORKING
TOGETHER
NYK

JPZ's Inspiring Knicks Quote

"I believe we can be a world champion in a few years"-Isiah Thomas

"If you think D'Antoni is an idiot, you're the idiot"-Donnie Walsh

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/4945d748e28f354a/493c0dad7987f063/e1531e29/-cpid/3bc48b957461c92c" id="W49022a98586964144945d748e28f354a" width="289" height="260"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/4945d748e28f354a/493c0dad7987f063/e1531e29/-cpid/3bc48b957461c92c" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>

Knicks Online Official Game Chat Room
http://www.knicksonline.com/chat.php#

Thanks for joining me
for knicksonline I'm JPZ17 and a special thanks to NYKnicks126

Stay classy New York

Go New York Knicksssss!
gamethread.png

Last edited:

jam4nick

Rookie
hahaha yea man if u make a game thread u better get the KNICKS RECORD correct! lmao.

10-12 i think is the right one.

yo better get it rights it 11 -12... damn ...whATS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS ARE WE WATCHING THE SAME DAMN TEAM..I MEAN FOCUS .... MAN :update::update:

jpz17

Starter
wow you guys are nice.. I spent 2 hours on this.. and nothing but complaining.. oh and I love reps for threads lol... Not being picky or anything.. Just like them.. I mean, I did make one of my best.. I didn't have much time for this in the end though.. I spent too much time working on my fantasy team lol.. well, I'll try to get a post game show up, but I won't be around tomorrow...

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Nice game thread, jpz. Very informative. Its gonna be a very entertaining game to watch. Hopefully we pull out with the victory. Lmao on zeke thomas' quote. With the team he put together it would have been decades before we even reached the finals.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
LMAO @ nyknicks126 being part of the game thread :lol:

Very good game thread jpz. The work you put into this is appreciated.

For some reason i got the knicks winning this.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
LMAO @ nyknicks126 being part of the game thread :lol:

Very good game thread jpz. The work you put into this is appreciated.

For some reason i got the knicks winning this.
lol since when did he start posting here again? lol oo wells well yea man i hope we do win this game i mean i think the knicks gonna go out there and play there asses off for Mike but i dont know something telling me this one is gonan be a heartbreaker

Akamu

The King
The Suns fans know how the players feel, they will most definitely cheer for Mike D. wishing they still had him, he's OURS now even if he made a mistake in the beginning of the season with Steph! He will in the end help pull in quality players with his likable system.

I saw my boy Wilson Chandler trying to drive a bit more in that last game, he can't be settling, he's way too athletic to be playing the way he has been. Those rookie mistakes need to be recognized and corrected. I still have high hopes for him and I still see him as a better player then what he has been potraying.

Al Harrington is doing exactly what I thought he would, I knew right away this man would come here ready to hand some ass turtle style!

algsomtmntay4.jpg

Turtle power baby! (I'mma fix this image and put the knicks logo later on Lol!)

JayJ44

Starter
Great game thread jpz, some of your best work. This game could go either way, tough to predict. I think the knicks will pull this one out, all the guys will be playing there hardest for D'antoni. Plus, I don't think Shaq will be playing, so that helps us with the size difference.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
ya sick thread! I'm taking the Knicks in this one too. Suns aint nothing special this yr, idk how the new trade is going but if the Knicks can continue the same offense as last few games I think we'll be good. :gony:

wow shaq lee is going to be uh intteresting

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Great game thread jpz, some of your best work. This game could go either way, tough to predict. I think the knicks will pull this one out, all the guys will be playing there hardest for D'antoni. Plus, I don't think Shaq will be playing, so that helps us with the size difference.

Damn, so no burger king james vs. Big mac shaq match-up, huh?

KBlack25

Starter
D'Antoni I think wants this one, perhaps he could be auditioning his team for Steve Nash? A good performance today could be the type of indicator of the potential and youth this team has. Seems like Nash is salivating to get out of PHX, and if he feels he can play on a young team and have some fun, perhaps he'll be enticed to come on over to NY to play under D'Antoni.

An important game for many reasons, not the least of which is getting back to .500.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
fun game to watch lots of high scoring today, D'Antoni plays vs his old team-or an imitation of it, and u could tell he wants this one,

we should look out for big games from Harrington,Robinson,Lee, and Chandler...hell just for the fun James 2 loll

and on the suns ima go with Amare....and Shaq(we got no size)