Game #25: Knicks @ Lakers Tonight @ 10:30PM

Starks

Starter
Be proud Knick fans.
The Isiah nightmare is officially over.
We have a team that can compete.
Compete with good run n gun fundamental basketball.
Compete with the best.
We have hope.
We have an identity.
We have opportunity.
We could look into the future and smile.

Win or Lose? Who cares.
As we the Knicks providing competitive entertaining basketball and not be bearable to watch(Crawford 19 second headless chicken isolation play or the move the **** outta of the way Curry offensive turnover post move baby lay up) we could be in joy.

We'll get a great draft pick
or make the playoffs
either way, life is good.

Lakers are the best team in the NBA and we gave them a Rocky type fight. We didn't win, but still we could be proud.

I'm proud of this team, I haven't been proud of how D'Antoni has acted as a professional, but the man can coach on the court. You can't question his substitution patterns and his strategy. He gets it done.

Yea I agree. For the first time since I can remember, I'm happy to watch games again. I been here through the dark years and am still around. Mike D was the perfect coach for this team and Walsh does have a plan. I don't think the Knicks can be doing much better.

There is harmony and solidarity on the floor and in locker room.
Dudes is smiling again.
We have the first point guard since Mark Jackson that knows how to be a floor leader.
Young guys getting shine.

Mike D should get coach of the year if we make it to the playoffs.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i watched the game till midway throght the 3rd and we played great and after checking on the highlights and box scores we gave the lakers a serious run for their money....we played hard and we defended the ball pretty well Chandler did a good job on Kobe, showing how good of a defender he is....and Nate was huge Q-Rich was hitting shots im happy with our preformance even thought we lost to think we will lose by 2 to the lakers at their court with their record was unheard of....D'Antoni should get coach of the year regardless if we make the playoffs or not he did what no coach thought was possible win with this squad, we compete night in and night out.....the way we played the last couple of games(suns Lakers) we showed were 1 or 2 pieces away were missing size (starting and off the bench) and were missing that one player that could take over the game and strike fear to opposing teams like a Kobe or even a Pierce...we get those we'll be good to go and compete for the title.....

GetRealistic

Starter
lets be clear here...it is a positive that we are improving and have hope....playing better....

but there were a few negatives in this game..

firstly nate nor anyone else can score late in the game...

MikeD hasn't shown he knows when to substitute and call time out in order to stop big runs by the other team...

He doesn't run plays to exploit mis-matches late in game ( when it becomes more of a half court style....

Bottom line we played ok early in the game ...then we lakers turned up their defense, we folded and MIkey D did nothing to help...

our defense has awful in the 4th quarter....and we were weak with the ball....

I think Mikey D's style is good for Knicks ....but his "in game " coaching is lacking, and slow......

pay attention to how many buckets we give up at the start of quarters or after time outs....

why is mikeyD letting al harrington try to drive to the whole late in the game....he has to become of coach in the last 6 mins of games....

for a man who is very critical of his players he must accept to change alil to become a better coach..

ATTitude reflect leadership ----- and he needs to understand we have to win these games ( all of them) seems like he is just trying and not doing!

I know were are all just waiting for 2010 but lets do better now

I think a 100 % disagree with you. I believe Mike D'Antoni is a very good game coach. Its alot harder to coach late in the game when you don't have a legit go to guy. The Knicks don't have a legit take over the game late guy.

We all know Crawford sucks and the trade for Harrington was a great deal but Crawford did a have a knack for making big shots late in games and we without him were searching for a guy to make those big shots.

We went to toe-to-toe with Kobe and the Lakers in LA. We blew a big first half lead but everybody knew the Lakers would make a run at home. There 21-3 and for a reason.

D'Antoni can't turn water into wine in a day. He's playing with basically the same roster as last year and we are 100 times better so i'd have to say he's done a pretty impressive coaching job.

For a team that basically has 7 healthy guys we go out and paly hard every single night and i can accept that.

P.S. how many star players come up and hug D'Antoni before games? That must be a hint that hes a good coach and that he'll have no problem getting a few marquee players to come play in NY

Paul1355

All Star
lets be clear here...it is a positive that we are improving and have hope....playing better....

MikeD hasn't shown he knows when to substitute and call time out in order to stop big runs by the other team...

He doesn't run plays to exploit mis-matches late in game ( when it becomes more of a half court style....

Bottom line we played ok early in the game ...then we lakers turned up their defense, we folded and MIkey D did nothing to help...

I think Mikey D's style is good for Knicks ....but his "in game " coaching is lacking, and slow......

pay attention to how many buckets we give up at the start of quarters or after time outs....

why is mikeyD letting al harrington try to drive to the whole late in the game....he has to become of coach in the last 6 mins of games....

for a man who is very critical of his players he must accept to change alil to become a better coach..

ATTitude reflect leadership ----- and he needs to understand we have to win these games ( all of them) seems like he is just trying and not doing!

First of the whole season is all about the Knicks ability to shoot three's. If they make them they win the game and if they miss them they can get blown out. In the Lakers game they couldnt miss from downtown which kept them in the lead most of the game.

THE PROBLEM with the Knicks in a close game is that they start throwing up three's in close games when they SHOULD be driving to the basket and drawing fouls like Harrington was told to do that u didnt agree with.

We shot 25 for 26 i think from the foul line and that shows that if play more aggressive and drive the ball more often that we can beat teams like the Lakers.

The Key to winning games for the Knicks: Duhon, Chandler, Nate, Lee and Harrington should always be attempting the close shots and driving to the hoop to draw fouls. If they get swarmed down low, pass it of to Thomas or anyone else that can shoot three's so that we aren't shooting up bad long shots.

And we can't be afraid to drive to the basket like Wilson Chandler has shown last game. We have strong atheltic players that can dunk the ball anytime they want and we always pass up the easy 2 point shot for the hard three point shot. WE SHOULD first attempt the easy 2 pointers by driving and drawing fouls and if that fails just pass it off for the three.

We get a tendenciy to shoot too many downtown shots and avoiding driving to the basket and creating fouls for the other team. That's why we lose most of the time

What a heart breaker. Metro.. It really was like watchin a Rockey fight haha, I like that.

I didnt get to watch the game untill this morning because I had a long day of finals yesterday and I passed out at like 9, DVR baby.

N8 is so awsome to watch. The oop to him early. He was flying around at the end of the game tryin to get the ball back. That and he was money at the line after a bad night last night free throw shooting. I love this guy. Lee with his usuall double double. Chandler held Kobe in check for most of the game and then he broke out at the end of the game... He's a great player and thats what they do... so good D from Chandler, along with the rest of the team.

All in all, to be in two hard fought games two nights in a row with two of the best teams in the League was very impressive. D'antoni said he was using this road trip as a measuring stick.... I would say that if we continue to improve like we have been playoffs shouldnt be a wish but a sure thing

Blumatic

Rotation player

It's Called Lack of a Shot Blocker. The Knicks play well. However the teams we lose to are physically superior to us. When there a high rebound at the end of the game, we have difficulty getting it. When they decide to drive on us, as good as D-Lee is he is not a shot blocker.

We have no anchor back there and yet our defense has become respectable.

D'Antoni teams only lost to the Spurs. That was us losing to the Bulls. Just some team you can't beat.

As for now we are not a championship team, lets rejoice this, cuz come next year if the team is playing like this I think we can all say that we won't be as happy. Baby steps my friend, baby steps.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Be proud Knick fans.
The Isiah nightmare is officially over.
We have a team that can compete.
Compete with good run n gun fundamental basketball.
Compete with the best.
We have hope.
We have an identity.
We have opportunity.
We could look into the future and smile.

Win or Lose? Who cares.
As we the Knicks providing competitive entertaining basketball and not be bearable to watch(Crawford 19 second headless chicken isolation play or the move the **** outta of the way Curry offensive turnover post move baby lay up) we could be in joy.

We'll get a great draft pick
or make the playoffs
either way, life is good.

Lakers are the best team in the NBA and we gave them a Rocky type fight. We didn't win, but still we could be proud.

I'm proud of this team, I haven't been proud of how D'Antoni has acted as a professional, but the man can coach on the court. You can't question his substitution patterns and his strategy. He gets it done.

I concur also. I am getting that old feeling I used to get watching the Knicks back in the 90's. The boys can play. Its an exciting brand of basketball to watch. Last nights game had everything from star cameo's (Alyssa Milano, Starbury) to a close finish with Spike Lee cheering from courtside. That's how Knicks games are supposed to be. The big networks should kick themselves for snubbing the Knicks this year. The Knicks are playing an entertaining brand of basketball to watch that is very viewer friendly. This team is coming to play hard every night. Two close losses to finish the west coast trip stinks, but the Knicks will deserve a hearty welcome home on thier return to MSG.

jimkcchief88

All Star
It's Called Lack of a Shot Blocker. The Knicks play well. However the teams we lose to are physically superior to us. When there a high rebound at the end of the game, we have difficulty getting it. When they decide to drive on us, as good as D-Lee is he is not a shot blocker.

We have no anchor back there and yet our defense has become respectable.

D'Antoni teams only lost to the Spurs. That was us losing to the Bulls. Just some team you can't beat.

As for now we are not a championship team, lets rejoice this, cuz come next year if the team is playing like this I think we can all say that we won't be as happy. Baby steps my friend, baby steps.

Oh but who saw Wilson Chandler pack Kobe's stuff off the backboard in the first quarter??? Damn!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
smh @ whoever snitched and told knicks4life that i jacked their thread :no:

What a difference a real coach makes. We look like a team, we are a team. Were competitive everynight even as an undersized team with no low post defensive presence, and only 7 players. Im not the biggest fan of D'antoni as a person, I think hes a jerk and alotta that is from things i heard he did in phoenix too. But i give him his props, hes an offensive mastermind. He has a great ability to get the most out of players.

Who saw Wilson chandler block kobe in the 1st half? He must have felt good after blockin last years mvp. Now he can say hes rejected last years defensive player of the year and mvp. Hes gotta get a block on garnett during the season for it to really count though. He'll have his chance on sunday.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
smh @ whoever snitched and told knicks4life that i jacked their thread :no:

What a difference a real coach makes. We look like a team, we are a team. Were competitive everynight even as an undersized team with no low post defensive presence, and only 7 players. Im not the biggest fan of D'antoni as a person, I think hes a jerk and alotta that is from things i heard he did in phoenix too. But i give him his props, hes an offensive mastermind. He has a great ability to get the most out of players.

Who saw Wilson chandler block kobe in the 1st half? He must have felt good after blockin last years mvp. Now he can say hes rejected last years defensive player of the year and mvp. Hes gotta get a block on garnett during the season for it to really count though. He'll have his chance on sunday.

thats ****ed up....what happened they banned u or something?

GetRealistic

Starter
So MSG other then him not playing your favorite player Marbury what makes you not like him as a person? D'Antoni made it known that he didn't want Steph around and that he wasn't going to play him.. I would say thats pretty upfront. If you got beef maybe its with Walsh but then again it all dates back to past transgressions and even great players run out of second chances?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
So MSG other then him not playing your favorite player Marbury what makes you not like him as a person? D'Antoni made it known that he didn't want Steph around and that he wasn't going to play him.. I would say thats pretty upfront. If you got beef maybe its with Walsh but then again it all dates back to past transgressions and even great players run out of second chances?

He swore at us knicks fans back in preseason. He looks like an uptight liar. I didnt like him that much when he was coachin the suns, i thought he complained about stupid things.

D'antoni got upset because phil jackson called a time out when the lakers were up by 30 points.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11022008/sports/knicks/dantonis_thin_skin_136444.htm

Late last season, his fifth as Suns coach, Mike D'Antoni took on fans who had turned on his team when it struggled following Shaquille O'Neal's acquisition.

"Let 'em jump off the bandwagon," he said defiantly. "We've got plenty of fans who want to jump on."

People within the organization and numerous season-ticket holders (many of whom I've known for decades) were deeply offended by his condescension. It was a clear first sign the pressure of unfilled great expectations had gotten to D'Antoni.

I think D'antoni has some emotional problems, he doesnt demonstrate self control.

I probably should not have answered this question, hes doing a great job with our offense. I believe the only reason why you asked me this was so you could see me say "because starburys not playing." Sorry you didnt get your wish, maybe next time kiddo :lol:

Knicker23

Benchwarmer

Did you watch the game? they knocked down shot after shot down the stretch, especially Nate with a clutch 3...did they make the very last shot for the win? no. would they have won had they not been playing against one of the only teams tht can make shots like they did with kobe - yes.

mismatches? what mismatches do the knicks have on the lakers. the fact that were even relatively competing with the massive mismatch we have each night in size with Lee is special in it self.

Folded? we play 'okay'? you musta been watching a different game then me. they not only showed more heart in this game then anyother game in a very long time, they competed with with a team with one of the best records ever. gimme a break. no team does that playin 'okay' and not getting help from the coach.

if you didn't see, harrington was the player of the week last week. who the hell else would you want getting the ball down the stretch? duhon? lee? they your go to guys?

if i were to guess i'd say your just another one of those guy who didn't like dantoni from the get go and no matter what will conjure up anything to try to validate their dislike . there's no way you can critize dantoni for all that he has done thus far is been massively positive for the knicks. are you seriously telling dantoni to become a better coach when the knicks, who were god awful last yr, who would have been blown out by 50 pts to the lakers this time last yr, or that he is doing a poor or even mediocre job? this baffles me.

moving on.

I haven't watched a game like that, on the edge of my seat, between the knicks and a great team like the lakers in a long time. It reminded me of some spurs lakers game the way it came down to the wire. Knicks fans as someone said early, should be very proud.

Last edited:

JayJ44

Starter
I was watching the game on the MSG channel, and they decided to lose their feed arond the 2:00-3:00 minute mark.:fury: I saw what happened on the NBA tv post game, and it was a heartbreaker. Kobe took over late in the game, and there was really nothing we could do. We played fantastic, and pushed the best team in the league to their limits. Considering the difference in talent, we really couldn't have asked for more. D'antoni is the best coach we've had in a long time, we're competing every night because of him. The players have also bought into his system greatly, so I'm very happy about where this team is going.