Should Wilkens coach next year????

WiL8000

Rotation player
I respect Wilkens, I truly do. But we need a coach who can take charge, and get his point across to his players, I like former Celtics coach Obrien. But hey thats beside the point, I want to know what the people on this site think of Wilkens, and who would be a good replacement next season if thats the case? I personally don't see him coaching after this season in New York.

aaron

Rookie
I think that the idea of replacing wilkens is the exact kind of impatient mentality that has gotten the knicks where they are now. I realize that new york is a very demanding arena to play in, but you have to let wilkens implement his system into a complete and healthy team before you can start the fire wilkens chants. Although I do agree that wilkens may be a little old, and has not shown the greatness that has earned him his respect, for quite some time, I think that knick fans need to trust Thomas's decision, and let the cards play out. If the knicks don't make the playoffs this year or next year then I would say get rid of wilkens. But until he gets a fair shot to prove his worthiness, the blame should be spread a little more evenly. Anyways I think that byron scott would be a much better substitute out of the available coaches. Plus I bet he would love a shot at getting back at the nets.

kevin

Benchwarmer
Lenny is obviously a good coach, but I think the Knicks need a coach that is more demanding more tough and is not afraid to yell at any player. I hear Lenny is very loose with the players at practice (even when they have 2 a day) we need a coach who will make them run a lot and get them in to shape. Personally I would have been much happier with Mike Fratello. I hope next year we could get Pat Riley, because he is in my opinion one of the top coaches ever to coach. Lenny is the most winningest coach and the losingest so that just means he has coached a lot of games it doesn't prove he is good coach. Lenny is a good coach, but i don't think he is the right coach for the knicks because he doesn't seem to motivate the Knicks like they were with Van Gundy. It's a big step from Chaney but Wilikens will not be coaching for many more seasons. I also thought he would instill defense into this team but that has not worked at all. They had better defense that Chaney. Who knows maybe we would have had the same record now if we still had Chaney.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I would like to see Lenny given a full season to coach the Knicks. Lenny isn't really the problem IMO. I think these guys are lacking heart.

Swishfm3

Rookie
PULEEEEZE

Wilkins is a terrible coach.....just ask yourself why isn't Sweetney starting? or at least getting major minutes since K.Thomas is playing hurt

Why isn't Hardaway playing the two guard?

Why isn't D.Johnson ahead of Anderson in the rotation?

Where is F,Williams?

Why doesn't Wilkins grow some balls and tell I.Thomas to stay out of the locker room?

e_D

Benchwarmer
I think Isiah and Lenny reached a desicion that Isiah pulls the strings and makes the calls.. and lenny's just a figure head.. thats my opinion anyway. In my opinion I would get rid of lenny and get a coach with more fire and desire. maybe that would rub off on the players and get them hungry.

WiL8000

Rotation player
When it all boils down, it is probably only a matter of time before Thomas takes over the team as coach. He may let Wilkens coach for a season more.

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
I would bring lenny back next year,considering all the wholesale changes ISAIAH made and all the injuries to KEY players.To me that is THE reason for inconsistent play this year,not lenny's mistakes.When you have a bench as deep as NY there is going to be questions about substitutions in the game.GOOD TEAM - GOOD COACH ......give it some time ,we will return to being an elite team in the NBA!!!